22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

DO NOT FLASH THESE ON ANYTHING EXCEPT A GSM HERO!

I have repackaged the HTC generic, Orange UK and T-Mobile UK ROMs in update.zip (for use with the modified recovery image) for your pleasure. :D

The version details and links are below, note that the files include boot and system images only, I have elected not to include recovery, radio etc. I have however posted the radio seperately.

If your device has a ROM revision not listed here, please post a nandroid backup so I can create an update.zip! Many thanks to those who have already contributed backups so far.

Generally speaking these shouldn't require a wipe, but I can't guarantee that. Also, note these are completely stock and unrooted - you'll need to root afterwards if required.

Enjoy! :angry:

P

Rooted ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are identical to the generic ROMs EXCEPT they are pre-rooted. Radio ROMs are NOT included unless otherwise stated.

HTC Generic 2.73.771.73 (3 UK customised) - download

HTC Generic 2.73.405.66 - download

HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 - download

T-Mobile UK 2.73.110.26 - download

Shipping ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are completely generic (i.e. NOT rooted). Radio ROMs are NOT included.

HTC Generic 2.73.771.73 (3 UK customised) - download

HTC Generic 2.73.405.66 - download

HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 - download

HTC Generic 2.73.405.5 - download

HTC Generic 2.73.751.4 (as 2.73.405.5 + Chinese support) - download

HTC Generic 1.79.482.3 - download

HTC Generic 1.76.405.6 - download

T-Mobile UK 2.73.110.26 - download

T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 - download

Leaked ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are completely generic (i.e. NOT rooted). Radio ROMs are NOT included.

HTC Generic 2.73.405.61 - download

Radios

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 - download

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 - download

63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 - download

63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08 - download

63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 - download

MoDaCo Custom ROM

Check out this topic for details of the MoDaCo Custom ROM!

Guest Funkyfin2000

So guys, can you help me, can I use the stock ROM above to change from my Orange ROM?

If so how on earth do I go about it with the files above?

I really could do with a newby guide as I am very new to the HERO!

Any help greatly appreciated?

What does rooted and not rooted mean exactly?

Rich

Guest Funkyfin2000
Yes you can.

Use this guide to flash the patched recovery image, then copy the ROM of your choice above to your sdcard as 'update.zip' and apply via your new recovery image.

P

Thank you Paul for your prompt response, very helpful, I think like a few members we have seen that thread, but for newbies, its a little confusing, I think it possibily needs a bit more of a step by step guide. Are you able to expand on your thread posted and do one? or at least start one and I would be happy to finish it off at least?

could you explain the rooted?

Many thanks again

Rich

Guest Funkyfin2000
Thank you Paul for your prompt response, very helpful, I think like a few members we have seen that thread, but for newbies, its a little confusing, I think it possibily needs a bit more of a step by step guide. Are you able to expand on your thread posted and do one? or at least start one and I would be happy to finish it off at least?

could you explain the rooted?

Many thanks again

Rich

Rooted I understand - Opened up and ready to be able to be modded

This link is probably a good start then for stepby step guide:

http://theunlockr.com/2009/08/08/how-to-ga...-your-htc-hero/

Guest Funkyfin2000
Maybe i'll knock up a rooting-your-hero Video...

P

That would be brilliant....

before that, a guide on how to do a nandroid backup would be great too...

I presume this.

first things to do - Nandroid Backup (so you can recover to it at any piont!)

second - Root the device

third - Upload the standard HTC unbraded rom?

Am I in the right ball park?

Rich

I would...

- install the patched recovery (you need this to do anything, this contains nandroid!)

- do a nandroid backup

- wipe (from recovery)

- install the generic rom update (from recovery)

- install the root pack (from recovery)

- party on down

:D

P

Guest Funkyfin2000
I would...

- install the patched recovery (you need this to do anything, this contains nandroid!)

- do a nandroid backup

- wipe (from recovery)

- install the generic rom update (from recovery)

- install the root pack (from recovery)

- party on down

:D

P

- install the patched recovery (you need this to do anything, this contains nandroid!) - Using this link - http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ce-permanently/

- do a nandroid backup - Be great to get a vid or instructions on how to do this

- wipe (from recovery) - How do you wipe?

- install the generic rom update (from recovery) - A vid on this be great!

- install the root pack (from recovery) - Use the link i Posted to root?

Guest Funkyfin2000
- install the patched recovery (you need this to do anything, this contains nandroid!) - Using this link - http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ce-permanently/

- do a nandroid backup - Be great to get a vid or instructions on how to do this

Hi Paul I have now installed thepatched recovery.

Could you tell me how you do a nandroid backup now???? I presume its by holding down home button and then use one of the menu options?

Thank you :D

Rich

Guest Funkyfin2000

And no worries about nandroid backup, I have now found how to do that :D

PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Performing a NANDROID Backup

At this point you should backup your phone via NANDROID

1 Turn your phone off.

2 Hold Home, press Power button to boot into Recovery Mode

3 Press ALT+B to start the backup.

4 Once the backup has completed press Home + Back

Next your phone will reboot and load the OS, at this point you should copy the files your just backed up to your PC incase you need to recover your phone

1 Mount your SDCard to your PC

2 On your SDCard change to the nandroid/HT840GZ30985

3 Inside this folder you will see another folder the first 8 digits of this folder name is the date it was created in the YYYYMMDD format and the last four are the time.

4 Copy this entire folder to your PC and save it. As you make more backups to your phone repeat this process.

NOTE:I tend to append the build the backup is of i.e. 20090429-0421_ADP_Hv15_r2 So I know this build is the ADP build by haykuro version 2.

Next I explain how to restore your phone from these backups...

What about languages? I don't think the stock WWE has French built in it?

My French hero asks me to choose between French and English at first boot.

I can provide my nandroid backup.

HTC Hero Cupcake 1.5

Radio: 63.18.55.06U_6.35.04.25

Kernel: 2.6.27-a5504199 (htc-kernel@and18-2 #521)

Build: 1.76.405.6 146733 CL#47214 release-keys

Software: 1.0.0.A6288

Guest Funkyfin2000

What does the newer radio do Paul?

Another quick quezzie - the ROM you post on the thread for orange uses to debrand is different to the one posted above (generic HTC) which one should I use?

Rich

Newer radios theoretically can provide better reception / battery life etc. Generally speaking upgrading is a 'no brainer'. I'll be posting 1.79.482.3 generic soon, which will supercede everything that has gone before.

P

Guest Funkyfin2000

Okey Dokes will wait for your update that will supercede everything! :D When will that be out?

Thanks for the info on new radios - my reception is not great at all on my hero! Might help!

Okey Dokes will wait for your update that will supercede everything! :D When will that be out?

Thanks for the info on new radios - my reception is not great at all on my hero! Might help!

This morning...

P

Guest saquib

Thanks for the updated radio, Paul.

Have you applied this yet and can you comment on if reception is improved at all? On t-mobile UK with a unbranded white Hero.

Thanks!

I have repackaged the HTC generic, Orange UK and T-Mobile UK ROMs in update.zip (for use with the modified recovery image) for your pleasure. :D

The version details and links are below, note that the files include boot and system images only, I have elected not to include recovery, radio etc. I have however posted the radio seperately.

If your device has a ROM revision not listed here, please post a nandroid backup so I can create an update.zip! Many thanks to those who have already contributed backups so far.

Generally speaking these shouldn't require a wipe, but I can't guarantee that. Also, note these are completely stock and unrooted - you'll need to root afterwards if required.

Enjoy! :angry:

P

ROMs

HTC Generic 1.76.405.6 - download

Orange UK 1.76.61.3 - download

T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 - download

Radios

63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 - download

63.18.55.06_6.35.05.15 - download

Guest Funkyfin2000

So then Paul, now you have posted the new ROM - I want to install this on my hero....

can you tell me which instructions I need to follow?

Does the new ROM include the Radio update? and if not, how do I then install the Radio update as well?

Rich

Edited by Funkyfin2000