22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Success then. Its a relatively simple process once there is a build environment setup.

Thanks for this, cause the htc sync don`t work in my PC. Now the htc widgets from the market also works perfectly. :)

No problem, I have taken a back seat over the past few months just gathering info on making update.zip files and now its my turn to put back into the community.

Im still a newbie though so go easy.

No problem, I have taken a back seat over the past few months just gathering info on making update.zip files and now its my turn to put back into the community.

Im still a newbie though so go easy.

any chance of some detailed step by step guide? i am pretty sure that most of the advanced users here would like to learn how to do so (and not to google my ass off, this happens often lately :) )

any chance of some detailed step by step guide? i am pretty sure that most of the advanced users here would like to learn how to do so (and not to google my ass off, this happens often lately :) )

When I get some time to sit down and write one I will. All the info to create these is about just there is not alot of info on the update script stuff.

It does take time though to learn and it has to be done using linux.

[edit]

For people who dont want to go find the link for 2.73.405.66 rooted with release keys

http://www.mediafire.com/?iyjmqf4iion

Edited by DanH48

sometimes i've found my wifi locked in "turning off..." status, i can't use it until I reboot

either with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 or 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 on MCR 3.0

nobody has this problem?

Guest Dan Mullen
sometimes i've found my wifi locked in "turning off..." status, i can't use it until I reboot

either with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 or 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 on MCR 3.0

nobody has this problem?

Funny you should mention that! I had this problem for the first time yesterday, although it's a while since I flashed my current ROM and radio. I had reboot in order to fix the problem.

Paul,

I'm getting my hands on a stock Hero ROM version 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020 release-keys. Shall we root it? I tweeted to you too. Feel free to DM me on Twitter (@TheLimeDesign) Cheers!~

Funny you should mention that! I had this problem for the first time yesterday, although it's a while since I flashed my current ROM and radio. I had reboot in order to fix the problem.

i got it 2 or 3 time, first one about 2 weeks ago

could you send me an ls of your /data/app dir so I can check which software we have in common?

Guest Nazgulled
Paul,

I'm getting my hands on a stock Hero ROM version 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020 release-keys. Shall we root it? I tweeted to you too. Feel free to DM me on Twitter (@TheLimeDesign) Cheers!~

Aren't you going to release that to the public? Does it also come with a new radio? What about any differences from previous versions, you notice any improvements?

Aren't you going to release that to the public? Does it also come with a new radio? What about any differences from previous versions, you notice any improvements?

707.9 is an old ROM, its a SEA (South East Asia) Rom i believe, the latest we have seen is a .66 Rom.

Guest clarkEEE1
We have 2.73.405.66, Shahz is saying he has 2.73.707.9.

In my book, that's a higher/newer version, but I could be wrong...

Your wrong, DanH is right this is indeed an old Rom for thailand, Singapore etc no interest to us english.

For those who want It its been on xda for months but wouldn't recommend it lmao.

Edited by clarkEEE1

We have 2.73.405.66, Shahz is saying he has 2.73.707.9.

In my book, that's a higher/newer version, but I could be wrong...

AFAIK

2. is the build version

[edit] .73 is the device

405 or 707 this is like the carrier or network provider

.66 or .9 this is the revision, so the higher the number the newer the Rom.

Edited by DanH48

Guest Nazgulled

Well, I know it's you guys fault but it's just stupid to use part of the version number as carrier marking.

And if this really is an older version, why is Shahz posting about it now and twittering it to Paul to root it?

Not questioning your intentions, just trying to make sense of all this :)

Guest clarkEEE1

I don't have a clue why shahz wants it rooting maybe their is no official rooted Rom for SEA or he has got mixed up thinking its a new Rom like you thought. Type the Rom number on Google you will see for yourself though people were talking about this Rom In September.

Guest T h i j s

Since I've got the new rooted generic rom on my hero, I can't view youtube video's

via the browser it sometimes plays and sometimes it gives a display that the video could not be played.

is here a solution for?

I like playing video's on my hero :)

Guest dr_ysp
Since I've got the new rooted generic rom on my hero, I can't view youtube video's

via the browser it sometimes plays and sometimes it gives a display that the video could not be played.

is here a solution for?

I like playing video's on my hero :)

i also had similar problem not particular to any rom but, i think some setting in youtube!!! can anybody help us

Guest JamesKing

I have the WiFi issue too. Happens quite frequently for me. Did it get resolved? Or would you like a list of my installed apps too?... how would I go about getting you that?