Screen protector?

Guest Rothariger

The thing I'm looking for most in a screen protector (other than being quite thin and preferably unnoticeable, of course) is one that makes the screen easy to glide your finger/thumb across. I'm not too bothered if the sharpness/brightness/colour of the screen is reduced slightly, I just don't like when my thumb sticks to the screen.

I think a "matt" feel (as opposed to "glossy"/"shiny"/"ultra clear") is what I'm looking for.

I've read that anti-glare protectors work like this, though I'm yet to find definitive reviews that state which are good for ultra smooth finger gliding.

Can anyone advise me of any good protectors like this?

Guest Rothariger

well,

i bought a martin fields and its great... the only con i found is that the phone is finger friendly but the screen protector isnt, so you must to clean the screen protector almost every time you touch the screen! :D

Guest Tranceh

I have bought both anti glare screen protectors and normal ones. The anti-glare ones (matte) that reduce finger prints and smudges have the downsize of degrading the image quality. They have this grainy texture which becomes visible and it's quite annoying. So after trying that for a while I went back to the normal glossy ones that do not alter image quality but are pretty much a fingerprint magnet.

As for an external protection I bought a transparent hard case and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Solid and not so bad looking.

306142672_tp.jpg

The anti-glare ones (matte) that reduce finger prints and smudges have the downsize of degrading the image quality. They have this grainy texture which becomes visible and it's quite annoying.

Which anti-glare ones have you tried?

Do you have any photos to compare the image quality with one on compared to without?

well,

i bought a martin fields and its great... the only con i found is that the phone is finger friendly but the screen protector isnt, so you must to clean the screen protector almost every time you touch the screen! :P

Got myself a martin field too on Saturday. The display is crystal clear... I like it a lot... the cons aside from finger prints I got scratches the first day I use it with a stylus... very upset :D . Not sure how others feedback on the scratch resistance!

Edited by crzcar

Guest Rothariger
Got myself a martin field too on Saturday. The display is crystal clear... I like it a lot... the cons aside from finger prints I got scratches the first day I use it with a stylus... very upset :D . Not sure how others feedback on the scratch resistance!

yes its true, i have scratched with the nail the second or third day, very easy...

did someone test the duratec-hightec ???

Guest farookh
any of you use Clarivue screen protector ?

also most of you using the anti glare type or clear type screen protector ?

I got these but stay away dont buy this its very clear and smooth and easy to apply.

But i hardly had it on for a couple of hours and had a whole lot of scratches on the protector my hands are rough but no other screen protector got scratched so soon and so easly.

Hey there

I found this site when I was looking for screen protector, it is a reliable site, great product (full body protector) and very fast (FREE) international shipping I recommend it.

http://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-omnia...tors-skins.html

check it out, you can find for O2 and many other devices.

Have u tried it? How is the clarity and scratch resistance? It says scratch proof...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ahardie
Hey there

I found this site when I was looking for screen protector, it is a reliable site, great product (full body protector) and very fast (FREE) international shipping I recommend it.

http://www.gadgetshieldz.com/samsung-omnia...tors-skins.html

check it out, you can find for O2 and many other devices.

After reading your post I googled gadgetshieldz and found their product was well reviewed. I've been desperate to get a proper screen protector as I was still using my Omnia with the temporary protector that comes fitted to the device. I sent for it and have had it fitted for about a week now and I can say that it seems to be an excellent product. It was far easier to fit than I thought it would be and it appears to be extremely tough and clear and it protects the whole phone not just the screen. Best bit was it was only about £3.75, sent all the way from India to the UK.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by ahardie

Guest williamclw

keep inmind that zagg invisible shield is not scratch proof as stated.. IT can still be scratch simply by using a fork. no scratches when using a pen or stylus tho.

Guest hckrohz

I'm using Vikuiti DQC-160 which is really great and worked fine also on my omnia1, no scratches after months only a little bit of dust in the lower corners (after months)!

Absolutly satisfying :)

• 1 year later...
Guest graemesar

I had recently bought Samsung omnia and it is well featured phone and it have decal skin on it that provides it trendy and unique look. These information as how to protect your phone from external damages is very interesting. I am looking for the Samsung phone skin covers for it as they are best in all.