10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Delete the ODEX and the JAR before pushing your new JAR.

P

Paul I tried this method. deleted services.jar and services.odex and pushed newly created services.jar. and did reboot. and it resulted in non-booting phone. waited 25 minutes. any idea? cheers

Edited by Shaon

Guest v_iliev
Is anyone elses hero slowing down after a little bit of time? 3.1 is much faster for me, but after a days use it gets laggy again.

I might try a wipe and instal again.

Try using TaskKiller - then define the apps you wish not to be killed automatically -

every time you lock the device - all other apps will be closed and you will have enough RAM free and no lags.

@Paul ... looks like something is wrong with the download link. (3.1)

Download stops at 92kb. Tested with Firefox and Opera.

Works fine here too. Perhaps try wget if you are on linux???

Maybe it´s my Laptop. But I tried now two different providers (o2 and Vodafone) and two different browsers (Opera and Firefox). FF is redirecting me to the Modaco site and Opera stops the download after 85 - 92 kb.

Guest Konrad Walsh
Maybe it´s my Laptop. But I tried now two different providers (o2 and Vodafone) and two different browsers (Opera and Firefox). FF is redirecting me to the Modaco site and Opera stops the download after 85 - 92 kb.

Its most likely a failed download..

clear your cache on the browser

and when downloading.. choose a completely new location

Edited by Konrad Walsh

Guest eddablin

The awesomness that is Wavesecure:

Today I picked up my phone and left the house. Only to find that I didn't have it half way to work. Tracked it down on Wavesecure. It was close by the house (how it got there I'm not sure). Anyways, I got it to lock with a message (saying ring my housemate) and a wail. A builder found it and it is returned and safe.

Aaaah.

Signed up for Ad free lase night and baked me a rom.

Nice going Paul (on both accounts).

Guest Sharkiy

Hi

the baking tool is great. Nice work and every cent of my memberchip is a good investment. :)

So, but I have one problem and have found no answer here.

I cant use SuperUser Permission, only a blank screen. So titanium backup and tether wont work.

Guest Dan Mullen
Hi

the baking tool is great. Nice work and every cent of my memberchip is a good investment. :)

So, but I have one problem and have found no answer here.

I cant use SuperUser Permission, only a blank screen. So titanium backup and tether wont work.

You don't have to run it - you just open the app that needs root access, like Titanium Backup, and it will pop up with a screen asking you to allow access. If you click "Allow always" it will remember for next time.