10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest anderneo
Apols if this is old stuff, but has anyone got Wireless Tether for Root Users working, with MCR 3.2?

I've tried 1.60, 1.70 and the latest 2.0-pre8, and they all force close instantly on start.

Am i missing something obvious?

thanks much indeed.

It works for me.. Used it for a couple of hours this week for internet access in my carpc.

Do not install the updates provided by the developer, these won't work.

Edit: does your normal wifi work?

Edited by anderneo

Guest anderneo
why cant i cdownload modaco 3.2? when i click to download keeps bringing me back to homepage

Try using a different browser if you don't want to empty temp files.. Could be a cookies issue.

Guest mvorchard
Hi @Paul, when u release the 2.1 ROM ?

Thanks a lot :P

Yes, please................. we all wanna know..........!!

Thanks!!

Cheers,

MO

Guest Dr. dre
Yes, please................. we all wanna know..........!!

Thanks!!

Cheers,

MO

Paul will release the 2.1 ROM (MCR 4.0) when the official Hero 2.1 ROM is out.

Guest cdmackay
It works for me.. Used it for a couple of hours this week for internet access in my carpc.

Do not install the updates provided by the developer, these won't work.

Edit: does your normal wifi work?

thanks, yes wifi works fine, everything else on the Hero is fine. It's just that the tether app force-closes immediately on start. It manages to put up the Donate screen, and that's it.

OK, so which version exactly works for you, please (or anyone else who has it working)?

thanks much indeed.

Guest mvorchard

Thanks, man!!

And thanks Paul, for this wonderful work!!

Cheers from Chile,

MO

Guest fabiocampos

Thanks @Diehard :P Thanks @Paul :(

I can´t wait for this Hero Day :(

Guest Firasco

Can't wait!!!!!! :P

The Hero as it stands is working pretty good, but more and more apps are not compatible with 1.5 which is starting to pose a real problem.

Hope HTC releases 2.1 soon so that Paul can start working on it. :(

Guest sayyouwill

Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM.

I re-flash already but my GPS is still not working. Plz help me.

Edited by sayyouwill

Guest Dr. dre
Thank you so much for this wonderful ROM.

I re-flash already but my GPS is still not working. Plz help me.

Re-Flash the Radio ROM, It will start working.

Guest sayyouwill
Re-Flash the Radio ROM, It will start working.

Which Radio ROM Version do u use? I try flashing the ROM 6.35.09_26 but GPS doesnt work. thanks

Guest anderneo
thanks, yes wifi works fine, everything else on the Hero is fine. It's just that the tether app force-closes immediately on start. It manages to put up the Donate screen, and that's it.

OK, so which version exactly works for you, please (or anyone else who has it working)?

thanks much indeed.

Sounds like a incorrect version.. The version that is used in this particular rom. 1.70 pre-1

Tried flashing the rom?

Guest soulasass1n

anybody else having major issues with battery life on this ROM? tried a full wipe and reinstall several times and my battery life has dropped from 3 days to about 12 hours. any ideas?

Guest Dan Mullen
anybody else having major issues with battery life on this ROM? tried a full wipe and reinstall several times and my battery life has dropped from 3 days to about 12 hours. any ideas?

I've found this with various ROMs and it usually turns out to be an issue with a particular application that's installed rather than the ROM. I remember the official Facebook app being particularly bad, (when the widget was running).

Guest cdmackay
Sounds like a incorrect version.. The version that is used in this particular rom. 1.70 pre-1

Tried flashing the rom?

I'll try that, ta

Guest James_Lin

Hi Paul,

First post here, great work, you mentioned about a core with chinese input, but I can't seem to find it on the 1st page, then I signed up an ad free account, hoped that I could get the core with Chinese input in the online kitchen, but still no luck, could you please show me where I can get it?

I formatted my sdcard to have a swap, and a ext partition, does the app2sd will work automatically?

Regards

James

I formatted my sdcard to have a swap, and a ext partition, does the app2sd will work automatically?

Yes. On the first boot it will move your apps across to your sdcard & create symlinks from internal flash to the card. Thereafter any new apps installed will go straight to the card.

Guest James_Lin
Yes. On the first boot it will move your apps across to your sdcard & create symlinks from internal flash to the card. Thereafter any new apps installed will go straight to the card.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I got another question, since I am using apps2sd, can I still mount it to my computer for file transfer? will it cause trouble because the phone cannot access to the applications stored on the sd card?

Guest James_Lin

Hi Paul,

I am not sure if anyone has reported this, I am using the latest 3.2 rom and found that sometimes I cannot move my icons on HTC Sense, normally when I hold the icon for 2 secs it will allow me to move to a new location but now it just opens the application.

Hi Paul,

I am not sure if anyone has reported this, I am using the latest 3.2 rom and found that sometimes I cannot move my icons on HTC Sense, normally when I hold the icon for 2 secs it will allow me to move to a new location but now it just opens the application.

That's not specific to MCR, it's either an Android or HTC issue. Rebooting usually works around it; or possibly ensuring the app concerned isn't still running via a task manager or the commandline.

Guest James_Lin
That's not specific to MCR, it's either an Android or HTC issue. Rebooting usually works around it; or possibly ensuring the app concerned isn't still running via a task manager or the commandline.

Yeah I figured out rebooting will fixed the problem, also this happens intermittenly, sometimes doesn't work, sometimes works without rebooting.