10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest matte3560
I installed this yesterday, had the 1.76.0007 SPL and the USB drivers were not cooperating, so it was hard work. I have to say though, it was worth it. My phone feels so much more responsive, and it seems more power efficient as far as disabling stuff like wifi when locking the screen (Awake time has dropped by almost 10% down from 20-25% with the original 2.73.4.405 ROM).

Just as I was looking through the apps menu, i noticed i have two HTCmail icons (both of them are the same app). Is there any way to fix that?

Restarted the phone today, now the icons are back to normal.

Guest jaguarondi
Is French language available in this ROM 3.2 ?

yes it is (at least for me :P ) : go to Settings -> Local & text -> Select locale -> Français

Guest Dan Mullen
yes it is (at least for me :P ) : go to Settings -> Local & text -> Select locale -> Français

No extra languages in 3.2 - you need to install 3.1 first then upgrade to 3.2.

Guest stalins
No extra languages in 3.2 - you need to install 3.1 first then upgrade to 3.2.

Or Just install More LOcale from Market. Works like a charm

Hi, could you give me the adb-commando for removing the wifi-status app?

And another thing: The Google Maps app crashes everytime I submit a search. I hoped the update from 3.1 to 3.2 would solve this, but it didn't. Is this a known bug and does perhaps even a workaround exist?

Keep up the good work!

Guest Dr. dre
Hi, could you give me the adb-commando for removing the wifi-status app?

And another thing: The Google Maps app crashes everytime I submit a search. I hoped the update from 3.1 to 3.2 would solve this, but it didn't. Is this a known bug and does perhaps even a workaround exist?

Keep up the good work!

the command is :-

'adb remount'

adb shell rm /system/app/*schwimmer*

and about the other problem as far I remember, I did a whole wipe to flash 3.2 as I wanted some more space on my phone and the Google Maps FC.

Guest Dangerdaz

I have installed the latest custom rom. Looking on the android market i cant find google maps as i uninstalled it by accident!

Any idea why?

Guest Dan Mullen
I have installed the latest custom rom. Looking on the android market i cant find google maps as i uninstalled it by accident!

Any idea why?

Because the latest Google Maps requires 1.6+ - just get the .apk from the custom ROM update.zip file and drop it into /system/app.

Guest Andrew Brown
Because the latest Google Maps requires 1.6+ - just get the .apk from the custom ROM update.zip file and drop it into /system/app.

I also had this google maps problem after flashing the 3.2 rom and the simple way to get it working from there was

1) back up the map app using titanium backup (actually, I had already done this as part of a general backup)

2) uninstall it from inside titanium backup

3) reboot phone

4) restore it from the backup, choosing the option to restore app only and not the settings

The only slightly problematic moment was finding the backed up version to restore. Nothing seems to happen on the filtering screen in titanium, but when you press "back" a filtered list appears.

But this method doesn't require any command line fiddling nor any cables

I also had this google maps problem after flashing the 3.2 rom and the simple way to get it working from there was

1) back up the map app using titanium backup (actually, I had already done this as part of a general backup)

2) uninstall it from inside titanium backup

3) reboot phone

4) restore it from the backup, choosing the option to restore app only and not the settings

The only slightly problematic moment was finding the backed up version to restore. Nothing seems to happen on the filtering screen in titanium, but when you press "back" a filtered list appears.

But this method doesn't require any command line fiddling nor any cables

Thanks, this fixed it (after manually installing busyboy in titaniumbackup) and now I have a working google maps :)

@DrDre: Thanks for the command to remove "wifi-status"

Guest Dangerdaz

Cheers for the help. I've installed a Android 2.1 port from HTC Legend in the end. Runs smoothly but there is a few little bugs in it.

Guest TeunieChun

I just couldn't resist to try some 2.1 roms. In my opinion Villain rom was the best, but nevertheless I came back to Modaco 3.2: the speed and stability of this ROM is something I just can't live without =D So once again: thanks Paul for your great work!

Teun

Guest Dangerdaz
I just couldn't resist to try some 2.1 roms. In my opinion Villain rom was the best, but nevertheless I came back to Modaco 3.2: the speed and stability of this ROM is something I just can't live without =D So once again: thanks Paul for your great work!

Teun

I think I might come back to be fair. 7 hours after full charge and its nearly dead! But looking at some of the roms when, or should that be if, 2.1 comes out it should be pretty good.

Guest C0rpi

Helo

Did anyone know, when android 2.1 or 2.2 coming one the Hero?

And what is the problem, when alway after boot my hero, whit the Modaco 3.2 alwas come the forsclose warning from roise...?

Guest keveh

Has anybody tried installing the four square app?

I've got it on but it keeps on crashing with the error:

The application Foursquare (process com.joelapenna.foursquared) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Guest Zchtec
Has anybody tried installing the four square app?

I've got it on but it keeps on crashing with the error:

The application Foursquare (process com.joelapenna.foursquared) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

I hade this error too.

Guest Zane Lee

Hi Paul, I was just wondering... In your post, you mentioned that the ROM is available in 2 cores. One with and one without Chinese Input. But as I can see, there's only 1 download link for the 3.2. I'm actually looking for the Chinese Input version. Also, would you be adding the latest Superuser 2.1 for Hero? It has support for cupcake versions, I've flashed the unsecure version and can confirm that it works. (:

Edited by Zane Lee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Firasco

Teun

I couldn't agree more. About to the exact same "downgrade". Villain is not bad, but nothing compares to MoDaCo ROM

Guest Andrew Lim
Hi Paul, I was just wondering... In your post, you mentioned that the ROM is available in 2 cores. One with and one without Chinese Input. But as I can see, there's only 1 download link for the 3.2. I'm actually looking for the Chinese Input version. Also, would you be adding the latest Superuser 2.1 for Hero? It has support for cupcake versions, I've flashed the unsecure version and can confirm that it works. (:

I flashed this zip file to fix the Chinese Input. After flashing it, compose a message and click on the little "Gear" icon to enable it.

http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...yjv5cgrhm87akb1

Guest safepacket

Hi all .. I just installed MCR 3.2 and i see that bluetooth file transfer is not happening. Is this a known issue or there is some problem specific to my device ?

thanks in advance.

Bluetooth file transfer is not integrated in Android 1.5 (MCR 3.2 is based on 1.5). You need to install 3rd party software or get the WIP 2.1 update.