10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest valerebel

Hi

Can anyone tell me where to download MCR3.1 from on MoDaCo? I have searched for it but cannot find the post with all the links to the various flavours of 3.1 + radio packs.

Thanks

valerebel

Guest Richard K. Szabo

Nevermind, seems that the background-services did trigger upon time anyway, cool. :) Too bad I got to make an ass out of myself.

Hey

I installed the ROM and I am very pleased, except that it kills services that are supposed to be running, i.e. Remember The Milk (planner/~GTD) and other.

Is there a way to exclude tasks from being automatically killed? I currently use SystemPanel to manually close all programs if necessary.

Regarding inactive applications not running as services, I'm very pleased that the ROM-additions kill them.

Richard

PS: I have installed Autokiller and applied the preset Optimum to save services such as Remember The Milk and reverse lookup, but I'd like to know the cause of this issue, why important programs like that are killed.

Edited by Richard K. Szabo

Guest berilac

I have just added MCR 3.2 and one thing I noticed is International Numbers dialling in come up as unknown, previously I could see the number and now it just comes up as a "unknown" one, anyone else having similar issues.

I havent upgraded the radio packages so am wondering if its got something todo with that,

Guest worcester4x4

Hi

I've been away from here for a while and have lost touch.

I want to install MCR 3.2

I'm currently on 2.9.

To save me wading through the last hundred pages or so can anyone tell me if I need to do anything other than install 3.2 over the top of 2.9? I've done a Nandroid backup but that's all; anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Guest valerebel
Hi

I've been away from here for a while and have lost touch.

I want to install MCR 3.2

I'm currently on 2.9.

To save me wading through the last hundred pages or so can anyone tell me if I need to do anything other than install 3.2 over the top of 2.9? I've done a Nandroid backup but that's all; anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi worcester4x4

Although you don't have to, you could do a WIPE before installing MCR3.2

Cheers

valerebel

Guest worcester4x4
Hi worcester4x4

Although you don't have to, you could do a WIPE before installing MCR3.2

Cheers

valerebel

I don't have to wipe though, right?

And I can go from 2.9 straight to 3.2? I don't have to do an incremental upgrade?

Thanks again.

Guest valerebel
I don't have to wipe though, right?

And I can go from 2.9 straight to 3.2? I don't have to do an incremental upgrade?

Thanks again.

Quoting Paul

"A 'wipe' is MANDATORY when installing this ROM if you are coming from pre MCR 1.2 or a stock 1.x ROM, and you MUST do this BEFORE applying the update zip (as the update zip puts files on the data partition)! I also recommend you install the latest radio from my 'update zips' topic if you have not done so.

Please note that first boot may take a little while, especially if you have a lot of apps on your A2SD partition. Be patient! If you want a real clean start or you have issues with your existing A2SD installed apps when you boot, you need to wipe your EXT3 partition on SD too by executing 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app', 'adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app-private' and 'adb shell reboot'

The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image, I also strongly recommend installing the latest radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 at time of writing). As always, do a Nandroid backup before you do anything... just in case!"

Good luck

valerebel

Guest blixsDot

Now that the first official over the air update from HTC is rolling out in Europe, will still try to update if you have MDC 3.2? Or it will be that HTC will not recognize the phone since it have a different ROM?

Guest fsanzl

Will be something from the new OTA (i.e. Youtube app) included in a new MCR 3.x release or update? I will stick with MCR 3.2 until the final MCR4 is released, and could be cool something new to play with :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rayboy

I thought I saw the Chinese IME input as an option in the last few weeks, but it's now gone? I really want the CIME input... I signed up to the ad-free account today just to use the kitchen.

So I just need to flash a non-Chinese version and then flash this afterwards? Thanks.

Edited by Paul

Guest winterwarmer
Is there a new Modaco based on 2.1 för HTC Hero yet? Can someone confirm progress or do I need to get another mod?

I saw a post from Paul on Twitter earlier today that he was going to do the Euro version in the next day or two...

Of course the Chinese version has been around for a few weeks!

Edited by winterwarmer

• 2 months later...
Guest suchanicemonster

A couple months ago I flashed MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 Core to my rooted GSM Hero. I've been really amazed by how stable it is. So I'm very grateful for your hard work.

Two questions I have though:

#1: One of the reasons I went for MoDaCo was that I noticed you had Hebrew language support. So at the time I downloaded the new ROM, I also downloaded the update for Hebrew language support. I still have never figured out how to install it. Do I flash it as an update, like I did the Custom ROM? (That's a little scary -- won't it erase the ROM I have?) I'd be grateful if someone can explain (in truly novice language, as I'm still new to all this) how I do it. Thank you.

#2: On my phone's "ABOUT" screen, it shows me as having Firmware version 1.5 -- when I did it, I was under the impression that MoDaCo 3.2 was essentially like upgrading 2.0 or 2.1. I just tried to install an app, and got a message that it only installs for 2.0 and above, and my phone is using 1.5. I feel really dumb, if I've been using 1.5 all this time. Did I misunderstand something?

thanks a bunch -

suchanicemonster

Guest suchanicemonster

A couple months ago I flashed MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 Core to my rooted GSM Hero. I've been really amazed by how stable it is. So I'm very grateful for your hard work.

#1: One of the reasons I went for MoDaCo was that I noticed you had Hebrew language support. So at the time I downloaded the new ROM, I also downloaded the update for Hebrew language support. I still have never figured out how to install it. Do I flash it as an update, like I did the Custom ROM? (That's a little scary -- won't it erase the ROM I have?) I'd be grateful if someone can explain (in truly novice language, as I'm still new to all this) how I do it. Thank you.

#2: On my phone's "ABOUT" screen, it shows me as having Firmware version 1.5 -- when I did it, I was under the impression that MoDaCo 3.2 was essentially like upgrading 2.0 or 2.1. I just tried to install an app, and got a message that it only installs for 2.0 and above, and my phone is using 1.5. I feel really dumb, if I've been using 1.5 all this time. Did I misunderstand something?

thanks a bunch -

suchanicemonster

Guest toxic-hero

1. i don't really know much about hebrew version but if it's a .zip file than you probably have to flash it over this one. aren't there any instructions? in any case: do a nandroid backup first. if you screw something, than you just do a nandroid restore.

2. MCR 3.2 is very good and stable but android 1.5 ROM. it's now superseded. if you want an android 2.1 ROM which i think you should, then flash r5. just do a wipe before you do it. i don't know about the herbrew version of r5. if there isn't one you should find another 2.1 ROM. there are plenty on xda.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tacobell_q80

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM! No 'wipe' is required for anyone coming from MCR 1.2 onwards, or the stock 2.73.x updates.

Dear Paul, I am from Kuwait. I would love to use your online kitchen and buy some roms. I have noticed that you have a Hebrew language installed and it will be great to have an Arabic language too.

The problem is that I have been using your roms for sometimes and i know how good they are , but currently I had to switch and use a rom ported from HTC Legend and it is fully support Arabic Language. (2.1 android Version)

this ported rom does not have HTC Footprints, it was removed by MaXo64 and i need it

the voice search is not there also.... :)

Here is the rom link crack it & slice it (click here)

I wish you can add the Arabic spices to your kitchen so we can enjoy your food. you know what i mean :)

Thank you.

My Email

Twitter

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...