10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndyMac
For anyone having the problem...

OK !.... you had my heart stopped for about five minutes while it rebooted... It stuck on the HTC letters and I was a worried little Android Noob.

With WinMo I always had such confidence in ROMing or moding any of my devices.... for some reason I hesitated all day on this

That said.... well what can I say but a HUGE THANK YOU!

This works a TREAT!

Many thanks,

Andy

:D

Guest rjefferis

I just tried a hard reset, didnt set any sync relationships up or anything.

Added 1 contact with just a name in the details, then logged into facebook and attached a fb profile to my blank contact, and....

It still crashes, weird.

Guest AndyMac

One quick question in Settings ===> Status I see Voice MSISN Line 1 with a foriegn phone number 077724........ could this have been the number on my SIM b4 I ported my number across? Hadn't noticed it b4

Also I have the error for Facebook Link

Sorry!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Force Close

It then closed the process, I restarted and it worked... wierd

Then it did a soft reboot (flashed the HTC screen and then sate at a blank home screen saying loading for 30 secs.

Edited by AndyMac

Guest rjefferis
One quick question in Settings ===> Status I see Voice MSISN Line 1 with a foriegn phone number 077724........ could this have been the number on my SIM b4 I ported my number across? Hadn't noticed it b4

Also I have the error for Facebook Link

Sorry!

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Force Close

It then closed the process, I restarted and it worked... wierd

Then it did a soft reboot (flashed the HTC screen and then sate at a blank home screen saying loading for 30 secs.

Seems to be more than just us lot with this problem.

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/8275-new...ero-issues.html

I assume they are running stock roms.

Seems to be more than just us lot with this problem.

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/8275-new...ero-issues.html

I assume they are running stock roms.

For those of you who are having the facebook contacts problem and peoples widget force closing, i had the same issue after doing a factory reset with the stock rom. Before updating to custom rom.

I manually re-attached links to all contacts and facebook profiles, had to apply profile images to each contact too. Used Taskiller to stop/start people widget. All was fine after that.

I wonder those who are wiping/factory resetting as part of custom rom install are having this problem only??

Guest Rich Cranney

Hi Paul,

Just installed this on my T-Mobile G2, works great.

How do I get this partition 2 and 3 on the SD card? I'm new to the android world so sorry if its a daft question.

Guest rjefferis
so, this is a common problem with stock rom? i am facing it as well. I have hard reset several times and reload the htc hero stock rom. The error exists on FB sync...

Well i didnt have this issue prior to installing this rom, however looking at the posts on the android forum they seem to be experiencing it with the stock rom as well. It is however interesting that all the posts on the other forum were from today. Other than that i couldnt find much about this error on the hero. I am wondering whether their phones that they have got in the last couple of days have slightly newer builds than our stock roms, or whether there is something else that has caused this problem in the last day or so.

The plot thickens.

Guest AlThePost

Many thanks, Paul.

The process went smoothly (apart from the "E: Failure at line 388:" abort but a wipe and retry sorted that) and everything is functioning as expected here. I can't comment on the FB-related issue though as I'm not a user. No probs viewing or re-downloading any paid apps afterwards, and it's nice to finally have Swapper's "information" available.

Thanks again for your work - it's much appreciated.

/Al

Guest geovass
Well i didnt have this issue prior to installing this rom, however looking at the posts on the android forum they seem to be experiencing it with the stock rom as well. It is however interesting that all the posts on the other forum were from today. Other than that i couldnt find much about this error on the hero. I am wondering whether their phones that they have got in the last couple of days have slightly newer builds than our stock roms, or whether there is something else that has caused this problem in the last day or so.

The plot thickens.

this is odd... lets see on the following days...

Guest rjefferis

I assume that everyone with the facebook/contact problem also has the problem with superuser permissions not working?

Think we need to start collaborating our info. (spelling?)

Rob

Guest munkimatt
I assume that everyone with the facebook/contact problem also has the problem with superuser permissions not working?

Rob

Agreed, we need to have some sort of post with common issues (Facebook, superuser permissions etc), handset details (is it Orange, sim free, T-mob, etc).

I've been playing about with this since I finsihed work, so 6 hours now and I managed to get super user permissions working. I think I reverted to my very very first nandroid back up (before going root) and then appplied the update but I'll be very honest I'm not 100%.

Rob

I may have spoken too soon, i just got this error on mine. running custom rom, but i dont think that has anything to do with it. Plus superuser permission is working fine.

Sounds like this is something new that has only started today. Since people on stock rom as well as custom rom experiencing this problem, something may have change with the facebook link process.

Guest munkimatt
restored back to my nandroid backup which is a completely stock orange rom, still no facebook stuff.

I've just reverted back to a completely stock sim free, still having the Facebook error and the force closes.

Question for you, did you also install the radio update?

Guest rjefferis
I've just reverted back to a completely stock sim free, still having the Facebook error and the force closes.

Question for you, did you also install the radio update?

Good question, yes i did. Although when i first did the upgrade to 1.0 i didnt do the radio. I had the problem with fb and with super user settings in 1.0 also.

Then when i upgraded again to 1.1 i did the radio as well.

Guest munkimatt
Good question, yes i did. Although when i first did the upgrade to 1.0 i didnt do the radio. I had the problem with fb and with super user settings in 1.0 also.

Then when i upgraded again to 1.1 i did the radio as well.

Ah, wondered if possibly the radio was at fault (somehow!) but if you didn't do it with 1.1 that would seem to remove that possibility.

Looking through androidforums though there seems to be a few having the same problem but with o mention of the new ROM. It's looking like a much more far reaching problem. Could it be possible that maybe us installing the ROM and this happening is really just a coincidence and there's something more in depth wrong behind the scenes?

Just notice Google Contacts (the web sire) seems to be down too. Logging in comes up with an error message.

Guest rjefferis
Ah, wondered if possibly the radio was at fault (somehow!) but if you didn't do it with 1.1 that would seem to remove that possibility.

Looking through androidforums though there seems to be a few having the same problem but with o mention of the new ROM. It's looking like a much more far reaching problem. Could it be possible that maybe us installing the ROM and this happening is really just a coincidence and there's something more in depth wrong behind the scenes?

Just notice Google Contacts (the web sire) seems to be down too. Logging in comes up with an error message.

I didnt do it with 1.0 but did with 1.1

Same conclusion though. Yeah that is what i was thinking. The fact that all the people in the link i posted further up were using stock roms but all posted about this problem today does make you think that it is a weird coincidence and that something has gone wrong with facebook or something.

Maybe the next step is to see if there is any other link between people not working and people working.

ie, is it only UK facebook users who are experiencing it for example.

Guest munkimatt

Same conclusion though. Yeah that is what i was thinking. The fact that all the people in the link i posted further up were using stock roms but all posted about this problem today does make you think that it is a weird coincidence and that something has gone wrong with facebook or something.

Maybe the next step is to see if there is any other link between people not working and people working.

I've raised a suport ticket with HTC, I'll let you know how I get on.

Going to install SendLog, could do with someone who doesn't have the problem doing the same. Can anyone here help? Need the log for when you try to link a contact to Facebook. Thanks in advance?

Guest munkimatt

I've raised a suport ticket with HTC, I'll let you know how I get on.

Going to install SendLog, could do with someone who doesn't have the problem doing the same. Can anyone here help? Need the log for when you try to link a contact to Facebook. Thanks in advance?

Guest marianne2

i didn't do anything, that means I didn't use Pauls ROM, but have also problems with facebook. Some pics are missing, force close when going to my own contactlisting in "people".

Guest geovass
i didn't do anything, that means I didn't use Pauls ROM, but have also problems with facebook. Some pics are missing, force close when going to my own contactlisting in "people".

problem is solved !

Guest geovass

it works again!!!!

oh... dble post. pls delete!

Edited by geovass

Guest padstar

Many thanks Paul. As a total noob I am pleased to say that I have intalled custom ROM and radio with no problems. Everything feels much smoother and less laggy now. I think I'll do a bit more reading before I attempt to partition my card for apps2sd.