10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest munkimatt

Same here, everything working fine as of now, re-installed Pauls ROM and everything still OK.

Blimey, that was a nervous few hours wasn't it! :D

Hi there,

I installed this ROM to get the Wifi Tether working properly and it did.

The only problem I had was that I couldn't reinstall Maps. When looking for it in the Market i didn't manage to find it. I had to revert to the backup since i find it more important to have the Maps then the Wifi Tether.

Do you have any idea why this happened? I'm in Malta if that makes any difference.

Any way to get maps installed in any other way?

Thanks

Joseph

Guest Funkyfin2000

Please to say mine has no issues at all, latest Radio Update, Latest 1.1 ROM and facebook contact etc all fine :D Mark Place all fine too :angry:

Thank you very much to Paul for all his hard work, it is very much appreciated

Edited by Funkyfin2000

Guest geovass
The people who were having Facebook issues yesterday, are you having Market issues now?

no, the Market app works great. i am using stock HTC ROM

Guest wibberly

First off I would like to thank Paul for all his hard work.

This is for anyone who is lazy like me and did not hard reset.

You may well find that when you install google maps that it crashes when you try to do a search.

I solved this by uninstalling google maps and shutting down, removing battery for a minute, and then reinstalling again. All works fine.

Guest rico2k_uk

help! wouldnt install for me, said cant copy data.

i copied the file (which is pretty large!) to the sd card as update.zip and follwoed instructions. wont install for me...

Guest Gielium

Hey Paul,

Thanks for your hard work on the rom and your fine support.

I was wondering if it was possible to use VPN with this rom? I searched for /dev/tun but it's not there or for /system/lib/modules/tun.ko and cant find that either.

On this site : http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/ i found the following qoute :

"Recent ROMS released by the community have the tun module already enabled."

Can you shed some light on my chances of getting the vpn client to work :D

kind regards

Chris

Guest Gielium
I'm not sure what is involved, i'll have a look round and see what I can find out!

P

Thanks would really appreciate your help, i'm kinda lost and i think rooting my phone was enough for tonight :D

Now to also find a way how to enable ssh access to the phone itself so i don't have to do things in the shell with the on screen keyboard.

Guest JamminJP

Thanks for the hard work Paul!!

Updated mine, but had to wipe the data as I got the line 388 error.

All sorted now, lost my texts but that's no big deal!

Guest cdmackay
All sorted now, lost my texts but that's no big deal!

You can use the Android app "SMS Backup" to automatically sync your texts with a Gmail folder.

If you really want them, then restore your nandroid backup, install SMS Backup, check the SMS msgs gets synced to Gmail, then do the upgrade again.

Guest geovass
You can use the Android app "SMS Backup" to automatically sync your texts with a Gmail folder.

If you really want them, then restore your nandroid backup, install SMS Backup, check the SMS msgs gets synced to Gmail, then do the upgrade again.

Paul the Rom is Great! Good Work! It automatically downloaded settings for 3G internet and mms !!!

Guest cdmackay

success! thanks much indeed.

I had expect to have to do a wipe, as only had 35MB free on the phone, but no, it worked perfectly. i did upgrade the radio first.

I've yet to partition my SD card, so no a2sd nor swap for now. If I partition it later, will those burst into life, or is that setup done during the upgrade, and I need to re-apply the zip?

a few worried moments during first boot, as it took ages...

Everything looks in place, no problems so far.

thanks again.

Guest Rich Cranney

Or you can use myBackup which zips them to your sd card and you can restore them when you like.

Guest AndyMac

My issue with the ROM & Facebook still exists.

I didn't upgraade the Radio, no problems with the Market, I had a virgin Orange HTC Hero before I did the ROM.

Not sure if I ever had a superuser issue - how can I check?

Cheers,