10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jonathanmusto
I've been using WiFi non stop since flashing with no issues?

P

Dito, great work with 1.4 Paul, it works perfectly for me, like you said, it does take the phone to another level, it's so smooth now, my only gripe with it has gone!. I'll be signing up for a year ad free too, cheers for all the hard work. Looking forward to your ROM based on the official HTC release, do you think we'll just be able to update to this (1.5 i assume) or will it require another 'wipe'?

Cheers,

J

Paul great job.

Its much faster now and one important thing: TEST YOUR CAMERA. Now we have iphone like focus, just click on touch screen to select focus, and phone automatically focus. Not when you press, but before. Nice :D

Edited by matter

Guest Chris Jenx
Hi Paul,

There seems to be an issue using Google Street View with the custom 1.4 ROM. If you attempt to go into street view nothing happens :angry:

I did notice this.

WiFi works fine for me.

But remember these problems are probably nothing to do Pauls version of the rom. As its pre release, these are issues that will prob be fixed in the next(few) releases from new ROM's from HTC. (Depending on whether Paul bothers releasing interim versions, as the sound of it you seem to acquire a version daily :D )

Dito, great work with 1.4 Paul, it works perfectly for me, like you said, it does take the phone to another level, it's so smooth now, my only gripe with it has gone!. I'll be signing up for a year ad free too, cheers for all the hard work. Looking forward to your ROM based on the official HTC release, do you think we'll just be able to update to this (1.5 i assume) or will it require another 'wipe'?

Cheers,

J

Future updates should be non-wipe, hopefully!

P

I did notice this.

WiFi works fine for me.

But remember these problems are probably nothing to do Pauls version of the rom. As its pre release, these are issues that will prob be fixed in the next(few) releases from new ROM's from HTC. (Depending on whether Paul bothers releasing interim versions, as the sound of it you seem to acquire a version daily :D )

Street View will be fixed in the next update.

P

Guest IdleVoid
I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom Hero ROM!

This ROM is based on a test version of the 'new update' (together with my own optimisations) for the best possible performance! As soon as the 'new update' goes 'SHIP' status, I will provide a new custom ROM.

<--- cut out---->

Included langauges:

- Chinese (x2)

- Czech

- Dutch

- English

- French

- German

- Italian

- Norwegian

- Polish

- Russian

- Spanish

<-- cut out -->

Feedback / feature requests welcome! :D

P

Hi Paul

Is there any chance that Danish will be included.. if it's available ?

Else thanks for the great custom mods...love them.

Cheers

I

Paul,

I was trying to get this on my G1. I've used JAC-SKI kernel. In general it works fine except Rosie which seems to call some native class.

/dalvikvm( 2107): No implementation found for native Landroid/graphics/Canvas;.useFastBlit ()Z

D/AndroidRuntime( 2107): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm( 2107): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40013140)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2107): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 2107): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: useFastBlit

E/AndroidRuntime( 2107): at android.graphics.Canvas.useFastBlit(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2107): at com.htc.launcher.Workspace.dispatchDraw(Workspace.java:711)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2107): at android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1538)

I don't see any library crashing or failing to load...

Any ideas?

Guest IdleVoid
I will have a look into Danish. Which ROMs so far have included it?

P

Hi Paul

To be honest I'm not 100% sure yet that Danish is officially released. Heard a rumour that it's available in the next official update from HTC.

But I heard the same about Norwegian so I was a little surprised that it it was included in this mod.

I was mostly hoping that it already was available. My stock firmware from HTC didn't include Danish that I know for sure.

A side note: Have any users reported issues with their SD cards after using the leaked firmware ?

Everytime I disconnect my HTC from the PC (first disconnecting in windows, then unmount on phone) I get a notification about if the SD card is damamaged.

I've checked is several time now...and all the partitions on it has no errors. After a reboot of the Hero, everything is back to normal.

I'm using a 16GB class 6 CD Card from Transcend. And when using AndExplorer I can navigate and do stuff on the SD card right away without rebooting.

IV

Edited by IdleVoid

Hi Paul

To be honest I'm not 100% sure yet that Danish is officially released. Heard a rumour that it's available in the next official update from HTC.

But I heard the same about Norwegian so I was a little surprised that it it was included in this mod.

I was mostly hoping that it already was available. My stock firmware from HTC didn't include Danish that I know for sure.

A side note: Have any users reported issues with their SD cards after using the leaked firmware ?

Everytime I disconnect my HTC from the PC (first disconnecting in windows, then unmount on phone) I get a notification about if the SD card is damamaged.

I've checked is several time now...and all the partitions on it has no errors. After a reboot of the Hero, everything is back to normal.

I'm using a 16GB class 6 CD Card from Transcend.

IV

With A2SD, you shouldn't mount your SD in Windows.

P

Guest luisito72

Hello,

first of all I want to say thanks to Paul for all his effort in creating this ROMS.

I've just bought a new HTC Hero and I'm having problems with last ROM (1.4). These are the steps I made from the the device just out of the box:

1. I installed the patched recovery image (Success)

2. Made a backup with nandroid (Success)

3. Wiped the device (Success)

4. Made repartitioning (7.5Gb for Fat, 512Mb ext4, and 32 swap) (success)

5. Installed latest radio (Success)

6. Reboot Everything worked fine

7. Wiped Again

8. Installed Modaco ROM 1.4 (Success)

9. Rebooted (Fail) - the device enters in a loop of reboots with no end.

I recovered the image with nandroid, so I retried with same result.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Luis

Edited by luisito72

Guest IdleVoid
With A2SD, you shouldn't mount your SD in Windows.

P

Ahh.. that makes sense now that you mention it, so instead I should use adb and push files to the card or turn of the phone and put the card in a card reader.

Or is there another way ?

Anyway, thanks for you very quick replies and great mod/service :-)

IV

Hello,

first of all I want to say thanks to Paul for all his effort in creating this ROMS.

I've just bought a new HTC Hero from Orange Spain and I'm having problems with last ROM (1.4). These are the steps I made from the the device just out of the box:

1. I installed the patched recovery image (Success)

2. Made a backup with nandroid (Success)

3. Wiped the device (Success)

4. Made repartitioning (7.5Gb for Fat, 512Mb ext4, and 32 swap) (success)

5. Installed latest radio (Success)

6. Reboot Everything worked fine

7. Wiped Again

8. Installed Modaco ROM 1.4 (Success)

9. Rebooted (Fail) - the device enters in a loop of reboots with no end.

I recovered the image with nandroid, so I retried with same result.

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Luis

No ext4 support in this ROM, use ext3.

P

Guest anderneo

Anyone else has market issues using version 1.4?

Mine keeps saying there's a server error and after 2/3 times it drops out saying it suddenly stopped...

Is that just me?

Version 1.4.1 is now online.

- Fixed Streetview

- Restore Chinese IME

- Fixed update script to not error if device is not wiped

You can safely apply this over the top of 1.2/1.3/1.4 without wiping.

P