Grab a HP iPaq Voice Messenger for £129.99!

Guest PaulOBrien

ipaq.jpg
Here at MoDaCo we frequently bemoan the lack of Windows Mobile Standard candy bar devices (especially on the podcast!), but one such device is the HP iPaq Voice Messenger. Features wise, the device is pretty well-stocked, featuring...
  • Windows Mobile 6.1
  • 2.4” QVGA screen
  • Qualcomm 7201A 528MHz Processor
  • 20-key keyboard
  • WLAN 802.11b/g with WPA2 security
  • Bluetooth® 2.0 with EDR
  • Tri-band UMTS (900/1900/2100 MHz), HSDPA Category 8 (up to 7.2Mbps downlink) and HSUPA Category 5 (up to 2Mbps uplink), Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
  • GPS with aGPS
  • 3.1 Megapixel autofocus camera
  • 256MB ROM, 128MB RAM
  • 1260 mAh Lithium-Polymer battery
  • micro-USB connector
  • 50mm x 13.6mm x 114mm / 107 g

...pretty decent i'm sure you agree?

As an added bonus, you can now buy the device from the TotalPDA sale for a bargainous £129.99! You can even get 4.5% cashback if you also use Quidco!

Visit Total PDA [aff] for more details...

Nice! :D

P

Guest awarner (MVP)

Just my luck, something decent I can actually afford for once and I see this after buying a replacement pc.

Typical.

Nice device for those who pick it up.

Guest Swampie

I quickly read a few reviews which suggest the touch-style D-pad thingy isn't reliable and is frustrating. Has anyone actually used one of these and can comment more on it?

Guest Swampie

It's actually £129.99 + VAT - so actually £149.49.

Unless it's a business to business website, the larger, or more predominantly displayed price must be the inc VAT price.

Edited by Swampie

Guest nuttyphilt
I quickly read a few reviews which suggest the touch-style D-pad thingy isn't reliable and is frustrating. Has anyone actually used one of these and can comment more on it?

Yep, I had one for about a week. The optical joystick thingy was possibly the worst most frustrating thing I've ever used :) How it got past the design stage I'll never know...

Guest marklee

Well this is really interesting to see this mobile, as I haven't any prior knowledge about it, This seems good and I think with the advent of this new big player in this industry deficiency will increase.Thanks for the mentioning, This clearly shows that you put a great deal of care to your work.

Guest DarkWanderer
It's actually £129.99 + VAT - so actually £149.49.

Unless it's a business to business website, the larger, or more predominantly displayed price must be the inc VAT price.

I've been looking for a WM Standard device to replace my aging StrTrk, have been looking at s740's on ebay for £100-150 (it works out more economical to buy a phone and stay on sim only deal) but then this popped up. Great I thought until I saw the +VAT price, I'd be making a compris anyway putting with all those extra keys, but an extra £20 as well put me off.

Guest mehigginson

I got mine last wednesday... and if I dont get an answer from HP by the end off this week Ref the GPS issue then it's going on Ebay... navigation stick not that bad just takes a bit of time to get use to...as for the 20 char pad...well i better stop biting my nails as i cannot sms anymore! As i said if i cannot get the GPS to work with my tomas tomas software then it's totaly useless as the whole reason in getting this phone was 3G and GPS...very dissapointed yet happy to change my mind if i can find a fix...

• 5 months later...
Guest SGH-i200
I've been looking for a WM Standard device to replace my aging StrTrk, have been looking at s740's on ebay for £100-150 (it works out more economical to buy a phone and stay on sim only deal) but then this popped up. Great I thought until I saw the +VAT price, I'd be making a compris anyway putting with all those extra keys, but an extra £20 as well put me off.

I got mine last wednesday... and if I dont get an answer from HP by the end off this week Ref the GPS issue then it's going on Ebay... navigation stick not that bad just takes a bit of time to get use to...as for the 20 char pad...well i better stop biting my nails as i cannot sms anymore! [...]

As I said before:

If you don't really need WLAN and want a 12 key phone that can be used with one hand - there is no better choice as the SGH-i200. I got mine at a real low price (55 EUR at eBay!)! :D

sgh-i200.jpg

Infos on new ROM etc can be found on XDA-Dev.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.