• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Orange no longer providing the HTC Touch Pro2?

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've called the Orange Business Team twice now to look at upgrading three of our phones to the Touch Pro2.

I've been told on both occasions that the Touch Pro2 has just been marked as "end-of-life" and discontinued - Orange will no longer be providing these phones.

Does anyone know why this is? If this is related to the impeding Windows Mobile 6.5 release then fine, but if not - why on earth are Orange not stocking the phone any longer?

I see the phone is still on offer on the Orange Business web site, but when I pointed this out, I was told that the decision to discontinue was made very recently and that the web pages relating to the Touch Pro2 will be pulled shortly...

Edited by StanYau

Posted

I've called Orange a few times again over the last week, and it doesn't appear to be good news - three different answers...

1. Called the Business Support team and was told the Touch Pro2 with WM6.5 failed testing and wouldn't be offered on Orange in the foreseeable future.

2. Called the Business Support team again, and was told that the Touch Pro2 was only offered to business customers for around 3 weeks (back when it was first introduced), then withdrawn. Lady I spoke to claims the phone has been removed from the list of available phones on the business system.

3. Called the "new business" team (number given on Orange business web site, where the Touch Pro2 is still displayed). Was told it was not available to anyone except businesses with 500+ handset users.

I don't know what the reality actually is - the messages have been extremely mixed. However, everyone at Orange seems consistent in saying the handset is not going to filter down to ordinary business or personal customers.

Along with T-Mobile withdrawing this handset and O2 no longer offering it (did they ever), I wonder if there are issues with this phone? Why are Vodafone the only network offering this?

Posted

I join. And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

Video

Posted

There was a mistake

Video

Posted

Clearly, many thanks for the help in this question. Video

Posted

In it something is and it is good idea. I support you.

Video

Posted

Idea excellent, I support.

Video

Posted

It is rather grateful for the help in this question, can, I too can help you something?

Video