omnia2 - GSM Reception problem !

Guest hubert_2711

Guest hubert_2711

HI ALL

i have omnia 2 from 2-3days........(i bought it in ebay from Singapore)

the first day seemed to be all ok.

But from yesterday the reception is very very low and often is 0 (with other phone in this area the Reception is full with Vodafone Italia).

So i have tried to change sim and to lock umts but the problem persist

then i have tried also to do a hard reset but no solution to the problem.

however i have to say that yesterday to do a soft reset instead to push the soft reset button ,accidentally i pushed the plug on the right side of the sim marked in the photo of this thread :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-this-plug-for/

but this plug it'isnt antenna GSM receiver (i have read now in that thread) , so pushing it i couldn't damage quality reception no ? at worst i have damaged the external gps antenna connection like is write in that trhead no ?

however , what can i do to resolve the problem ? maybe upgrade the rom ?

i am quite worried because in this condition i can't use the phone :D

please help me ! thanks and sorry for the bad english.

Edited by hubert_2711

this plug is external antenna port which used for external signal booster antenna and external gps...

it seem pressing the plug damaged the internal antenna or deactivated....I saw some people have this problem with previous Omnia I900 you may search the forums in modaco for this problem.

As a start look to this post

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...r/#entry1060103

Guest hubert_2711

ok thanks i have read...

but here i can't do nothing to resolve the problem...

so i must send it back to the vendor for repair it .. i think ..

if someone knows something that i can do , say me...thanks !

Hi Hubert,

I have the same problem. I just answered your post over at the other Samsung forum, but thought I would also post here.

Have you had any luck finding out what is going on with reception? I get either no reception or very little (not even enough to make a call). The phone has been working perfectly for the past week. I got no clue except that maybe this model is very very sensitive.

Brett

HI ALL

i have omnia 2 from 2-3days........(i bought it in ebay from Singapore)

the first day seemed to be all ok.

But from yesterday the reception is very very low and often is 0 (with other phone in this area the Reception is full with Vodafone Italia).

So i have tried to change sim and to lock umts but the problem persist

then i have tried also to do a hard reset but no solution to the problem.

however i have to say that yesterday to do a soft reset instead to push the soft reset button ,accidentally i pushed the plug on the right side of the sim marked in the photo of this thread :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-this-plug-for/

but this plug it'isnt antenna GSM receiver (i have read now in that thread) , so pushing it i couldn't damage quality reception no ? at worst i have damaged the external gps antenna connection like is write in that trhead no ?

however , what can i do to resolve the problem ? maybe upgrade the rom ?

i am quite worried because in this condition i can't use the phone :)

please help me ! thanks and sorry for the bad english.

Guest ibe6ube9
ok thanks i have read...

but here i can't do nothing to resolve the problem...

so i must send it back to the vendor for repair it .. i think ..

if someone knows something that i can do , say me...thanks !

bad news people, if u can get reception u have to send it back, motherboard problem. it happened to me after a day...got it of ebay from singapoore and thank god they exchanged it. well im a bit worried now that it happened to u after few weeks.

Guest hubert_2711
bad news people, if u can get reception u have to send it back, motherboard problem. it happened to me after a day...got it of ebay from singapoore and thank god they exchanged it. well im a bit worried now that it happened to u after few weeks.

:) yes also me happened after 1-2 day !

now i am writing to the vendor for send it back..........(singapore)

i have bought the phone from ebay' user : laurayang1978

also you ?

i hope that they change my omnia 2 !

Guest falco47
:) yes also me happened after 1-2 day !

now i am writing to the vendor for send it back..........(singapore)

i have bought the phone from ebay' user : laurayang1978

also you ?

i hope that they change my omnia 2 !

It happened to me as well. Same vendor.

I shipped it back and waiting...

On my unit, it happened after a hard reset.

I wonder if many of these phones have a common weakness. It seems that a few people are having this kind of problem and sending it back.

I also bought mine from Singapore through LauraYang (eBay).

Is anyone having difficulty returning it? I have sent them an email and am waiting for reply.

Guest ibe6ube9
the vendor answered me , so tomorrow i will ship it back ...

yeah ok...as i said i had to return it as well...bought it from same seller. the story was: i sent it back via fedex...postage was 120 aud which i had to pay. in "her" return policy it says that if the phone is faulty and recieved within 14 days they will replace it. well....i recieved email back that my phone was sent to samsung for repair!!! after some emails and delais (sorry we dont have new phones in stock) i was sent "new" phone. the security seals on the box were broken and the whole box was "sealed" in some plastic (like when u buy prepacked meat from supermarket) i sent email back that its not new and i want another one. the reply was that they had to test it if its working. by the way my phone has the first rom....so i dunno what "out of stock" and "awaiting new stock" she was talking about.

after 3 stressful weeks (thinking ive lost 850 dollars plus postage back to singapore) i can say ..so far so good. touch wood. well ive learned my lesson. never buy form overseas seller.

Damn. That is bad. I have a feeling I am about to go through the experience you have just gone through. I hope that your phone is fixed and no more problems after the repair. Re: Rom version, I am sure you can update it soon to the current Rom. Good news is that the Australian Rom may be dropped soon, so that could be an update alternative... better yet cooked roms!

Still... pain in the butt to get new tech from overseas that breaks :)

yeah ok...as i said i had to return it as well...bought it from same seller. the story was: i sent it back via fedex...postage was 120 aud which i had to pay. in "her" return policy it says that if the phone is faulty and recieved within 14 days they will replace it. well....i recieved email back that my phone was sent to samsung for repair!!! after some emails and delais (sorry we dont have new phones in stock) i was sent "new" phone. the security seals on the box were broken and the whole box was "sealed" in some plastic (like when u buy prepacked meat from supermarket) i sent email back that its not new and i want another one. the reply was that they had to test it if its working. by the way my phone has the first rom....so i dunno what "out of stock" and "awaiting new stock" she was talking about.

after 3 stressful weeks (thinking ive lost 850 dollars plus postage back to singapore) i can say ..so far so good. touch wood. well ive learned my lesson. never buy form overseas seller.

getting a bit off-topic guys but anyway...would it not make sense to bring the phone to a local Samsung service centre and get them to replace it...or is it not a worldwide warranty they are under...?

s***, this is really bad. BTW, did someone try to return the phone for cashback?

the warranty issue is a good question, I have no idea, but the thing is, Samsung doesn't yet sell the i8000 e.g. in Germany, so they won't have the spare parts, I guess.

Damn, I wish I have had the patients to wait for the relese here...

Samsung Singapore:

mobile phone This warranty guarantees the equipment to be free from defects in workmanship and material for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase and it is not transferable. Battery, charger and other accessories are covered for 6 months from the date of purchase. This limited warranty does Not Covered finishes and external parts such as buttons and other attachments, consumable parts and cleaning. In no event shall SAMSUNG be liable for breach of any its obligations to the purchaser or user of the equipment for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to the loss of profit and revenues, anticipated or otherwise, loss of the equipment, damage to the equipment, any loss relating to facilities or service of capital, cost of substitute equipment, loss due to downtime cost or claims of the purchaser or users of the equipment for such damages caused by any defective equipment whether such defective equipment are warranted against or not.

*Mobile Phone warranty only applies to carry-in customers. <-- what does this mean?

I have send an email to the vendor, asking if I can return the phone before opening it (like refusing delivery), waiting for reply.

Edited by ResiFe

Hello,

I anderstand that it's very easy to press the wrong thing !

The reason is Samsung manual page 24:

ax6lr29wf1.png

As you can see, there is a big mistake in the manual !

So, I realy thing, the fault coming from Samsung !

In the manual, the picture shows the reset button in place of the plug, so this is easy (specially when you need to !) to confuse the reset button with the plug in question !

post-441819-1251784711.jpg

I don't think it could append spontaneously?

OK, if it doesn't occur spontaneously, than it's something else... You just need to keep in mind never to use this button... :)

To all, who are having the GSM-problem - did you "accidentally" press this button?

Guest GanjBass
OK, if it doesn't occur spontaneously, than it's something else... You just need to keep in mind never to use this button... :)

To all, who are having the GSM-problem - did you "accidentally" press this button?

Hello guys jut now accidentally i press this button and i just lose the signal.....

"Its  our fault...:) "???

This is samsung fault in user manual dont show well.....

The laurayang is excellent seller .....i offer him a lot of time to my friends.

The phone work perfectly until now!

I msg to him just now i hope will help us to fix it in samsung servise in singabure! 

Edited by GanjBass

One last question - there is no real need to use this button, right? Removing the battery would do exactly the same!? So, as a result, one could say &quot;do NOT use the reset-button, remove battery insetad&quot; and evrything is fine (as long as you didn't press the button before)

if so, there would be no reason to cancel my ordered i8000... :)

Edited by ResiFe

getting a bit off-topic guys but anyway...would it not make sense to bring the phone to a local Samsung service centre and get them to replace it...or is it not a worldwide warranty they are under...?

This is what I am going to find out this morning. I rang Samsung Australia, and they sad it could be repaired here. BUT, the warranty card from Singapore says it must be repaired in Singapore. ALSO, on another forum some people have said that Samsung Australia won't repair the phone as they aren't ready to do so as the phone is so new and not in Australia.

So.... today is the day of reckoning. I am going to call a service center direct and with a little luck, the will say yes they can repair it.

Hello guys jut now accidentally i press this button and i just lose the signal.....

"Its our fault... :) "???

This is samsung fault in user manual dont show well.....

The laurayang is excellent seller .....i offer him a lot of time to my friends.

The phone work perfectly until now!

I msg to him just now i hope will help us to fix it in samsung servise in singabure!

I think everyone here is on the money with the problem of this phone. I also pushed the wrong button with the stylus. It wasn't a hard push as I know that a rest button should move/click. When it didn't do this, I took a much closer look at the phone..... It was then that I saw the 'other' hole and I clicked that with a bent paper clip! WTF? The pic in the manual shows a stylus!

Anyway, the amount of pressure I applied was no where near enough to bugger the phone. I think this is a design defect. This phone should be recalled if this reception problem is caused by such a soft push. What a shame as the phone IS awesome!

BUT, the warranty card from Singapore says it must be repaired in Singapore.

s***, this is something I alwalys wanted to know... Again a good reason not to buy from singapore/return the phone :)

One last question - there is no real need to use this button, right? Removing the battery would do exactly the same!? So, as a result, one could say &quot;do NOT use the reset-button, remove battery insetad&quot; and evrything is fine (as long as you didn't press the button before)

if so, there would be no reason to cancel my ordered i8000... :)

I wish someone had told me this this a few days ago!!! Good luck with the phone.... if you don't touch that antenna at the back, you are going to love the phone!