omnia2 - GSM Reception problem !

Guest hubert_2711

I hope you are right! A phone can't be made and be that easy to break......

Unfortunately, if it is a red herring, then it is catching on. I just read another post on a Singapore forum with readers having the same problem.

Maybe it is just the motherboard or something that has a bad chip. Who knows.

I pressed the wrong button several times before I realised it wasn't the reset button and my reception is fine so I think this might be a red herring.

Update: Australian service centres are not fully equipped yet to service the phone as it hasn't been released. I have to wait until the end of the month (?) or whenever it will be released.

It is difficult to contact the Sing service centre. I keep getting computer generated messages asking for extra information (I have to repeat the service application process each time). I will call them if this next email doesn't work.

Laurayang1978 who I bought the phone from in Sing has been next to useless. No reply since Saturday. Apparently laurayang1978 runs SK I.T. solutions in Singapore. Meant to be a registered business (that's why I chose them), but I have dug deeper and can't find them on any registered business list in Singapore. Should I be suspicious?

I hope you are right! A phone can't be made and be that easy to break......

Unfortunately, if it is a red herring, then it is catching on. I just read another post on a Singapore forum with readers having the same problem.

Maybe it is just the motherboard or something that has a bad chip. Who knows.

Done.... They got back to me and I am sending the phone back tomorrow to Singapore. Hopefully won't be without my phone for too long!

@BR377 : maybe she didn't read your mail..try to send another !

at me answered quite fast..and also to other people i know..

so don't worry !

Guest ibe6ube9
Done.... They got back to me and I am sending the phone back tomorrow to Singapore. Hopefully won't be without my phone for too long!

at least 2-3 weeks u will be without phone. how are u sending it back?

I hope I can wait out that long :)

I will sending registered mail with tracking. They said that they would foot the bill for the return mail when fixed.

at least 2-3 weeks u will be without phone. how are u sending it back?

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update.

Sent the phone back to Singapore last week. Got it back today. Just over a week. How quick is that?

The service centre replaced the motherboard and peace now reigns in the world.

Anyway, LauraYang1978 from eBay was great. Three thumbs up!

I hope the hardware issues are over now. I can now get back to my phone!

Guest misterno
I wonder if many of these phones have a common weakness. It seems that a few people are having this kind of problem and sending it back.

I also bought mine from Singapore through LauraYang (eBay).

Is anyone having difficulty returning it? I have sent them an email and am waiting for reply.

I am having problems sending it back with Laurayang1978 :)

I had to email them a bunch of times before they approved me for returning it and threatening that if the problem was caused by me I have to pay to ship it back too.

I sent it back over a week ago and still they haven't sent me any tracking number,

even if i send an email every day and ask about it.

they asked me if it was ok if they tested it and I said no, because I wanted a sealed box

because my box was open when it first arerived and they told me is because the "distributor" opens the boxes to put a 1gb micro sd card in the phone (which i did not have in mine); so that shows that they are lying..... :)

I asked at this point to no have any sd card inserted and have ship tome a sealed box.

I want to see what they ship me.

I am very close to file a Paypal complaint aainst them and leave them bad feedback on Ebay (I bought few other things from them, and also a screen protector that I lost with the phone).

I live in Usa and had the same problem with the reception being lost, after a soft reset (I also, like the other people, touched the wrong button because the manual pointed at the wrong item, so I am not sure what caused that).

i hope I get a good working phone :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Scott in Miami

Hello everyone, unfortunately for me I did not find this thread until too late. I too also followed the Samsung manual last week and pushed the antenna to try and soft reset my Omnia 2. I purchased my phone from Internet seller SMGGSM [www.smggsm.com] in october. The company is listed with an address in Fresno California although my phone was shipped to me direct from Hong Kong. The Reps at SMGGSM were prompt in returning my phone calls and answering my questions prior to my purchase in October, I only hope that they are now as helpful in repairing my phone. I purchased a 4 year warranty with accidental damage protection, so I expect that they should not give me any problems. I will let you all know how my experience goes with them in case any of you are thinking of buying from them in the future.

Hello everyone, unfortunately for me I did not find this thread until too late. I too also followed the Samsung manual last week and pushed the antenna to try and soft reset my Omnia 2. I purchased my phone from Internet seller SMGGSM [www.smggsm.com] in october. The company is listed with an address in Fresno California although my phone was shipped to me direct from Hong Kong. The Reps at SMGGSM were prompt in returning my phone calls and answering my questions prior to my purchase in October, I only hope that they are now as helpful in repairing my phone. I purchased a 4 year warranty with accidental damage protection, so I expect that they should not give me any problems. I will let you all know how my experience goes with them in case any of you are thinking of buying from them in the future.

Hi, I also used the wrong button to make reset of my Omnia and it resulted in the same problem mentioned above. I took a 2 inches long wire and put in into the connector for external antenna and covered it with the back side of omnia and it started to work again. So I will see if it will be sufficient or I will have to send it back to seller.

Good luck, Tom

• 1 year later...
Guest marce002

Hello

For those who have destroyed the connector and removed from the board just to try if it works without, there is no signal at all.... From the pictures here, what can i connect to have the conector removed at all and have signal again? or I need to place it again?

post-844746-0-04701500-1325023485_thumb.