BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest boogerman2000

Hello,,,,Great Work...I"m a nubie but learning fast....A while back someone asked if you could add the XDA_UC to the storage card after you flashed....I obviously did not add it before hand...I created the folder after the fact and I put a pyro themed cab file in it and it would not install.

Additionally, can you add additional items to the today screen such as an excel link and what the heck is Clauncher. I'm sure it's state of the art but I must be in the wrong state of mind?

Thanks LOL

Guest boogerman2000

Flashed with the black rom and everything seems to be fine but when I re-entered my exhange server info to get my email from work it will not connect. I flashed it yesterday with one of your other roms and it worked fine...any idea...the phone and works fine but it's just the microsoft exchange that will not connect for me. I checked the setting 100 times and tried and tried but no go....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,,,,Great Work...I"m a nubie but learning fast....A while back someone asked if you could add the XDA_UC to the storage card after you flashed....I obviously did not add it before hand...I created the folder after the fact and I put a pyro themed cab file in it and it would not install.

Additionally, can you add additional items to the today screen such as an excel link and what the heck is Clauncher. I'm sure it's state of the art but I must be in the wrong state of mind?

Thanks LOL

To my understanding XDA_UC only installs programs during the flashing process,its the final step if you left it do its thing.

Any new programs or themes have to be installed as normal.

I have only messed with clauncher a bit but I believe that will let you add a icon to any program to the today screen.

Maybe your next rom maybe one of the newer MD2 style rom? They have a program launch on the bottom slide bar.

;) :D

Guest sojrner
Flashed with the black rom and everything seems to be fine but when I re-entered my exhange server info to get my email from work it will not connect. I flashed it yesterday with one of your other roms and it worked fine...any idea...the phone and works fine but it's just the microsoft exchange that will not connect for me. I checked the setting 100 times and tried and tried but no go....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I was using this just fine... exchange included. Try doing a hard-reset and see if that fixes anything, other than that the only things I see as possibilities are a corrupted/failed flash (fix by re-flashing) or you missing a setting.

as for clauncher, yes... it is a program launching app. Best thing about stuff like this is if you don't know what it is, hit some buttons/change some settings and find out... what's the worst that could happen? :-D

Don't know if this has been a problem for anyone else, but I have not seen the question anywhere else on this thread, so here goes. After flashing to BW WM7 Blue (absolutely awesome ROM, by the way), I cannot specify the snooze time on any reminders or alarms as in older WM versions...is there a fix for this, or am I just stuck with a 10 minute snooze? Thanks in advance.

Guest boogerman2000
I was using this just fine... exchange included. Try doing a hard-reset and see if that fixes anything, other than that the only things I see as possibilities are a corrupted/failed flash (fix by re-flashing) or you missing a setting.

as for clauncher, yes... it is a program launching app. Best thing about stuff like this is if you don't know what it is, hit some buttons/change some settings and find out... what's the worst that could happen? :-D

I figured the Exchange problem out...someone in this post did a post about not being able to access the internet and having to go to connections and entering Verizon Broadband and #777. The setting was already in there but I guess it was not activated. I clicked and held and chose one of the options which seemed to reactivate the broadband connection which solved my problem....Thanks

Regarding the themes I have the folder made and have a cab file...I put the cab file in the folder and did a soft reset and it didn't intall....any idea?

Guest ibrubeer
Don't know if this has been a problem for anyone else, but I have not seen the question anywhere else on this thread, so here goes. After flashing to BW WM7 Blue (absolutely awesome ROM, by the way), I cannot specify the snooze time on any reminders or alarms as in older WM versions...is there a fix for this, or am I just stuck with a 10 minute snooze? Thanks in advance.

I have noticed this too, and figured that it was just built into the rom to be this way for simplicity. I would love to be able to use different lengths of snoozes, though. Is it a switch that can be flipped somewhere? Maybe the registry?

Guest LiquorBox

Hey there BW,

Does your ROM support the long_power.lnk?

Please advise. I found another shutdown program that I like and wanted to map it to the top button on the omnia i910 so when press and hold, this program starts up. Is this possible?

• 1 month later...
Guest slimjacob
This new version is called WM7 Blue and WM7 Black. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23064 which is the latest release of WM6.5.

I would like to thank the following people for helping me with my Roms:

Adrynalyne

bga7x

hartv427

Noonski

Please remember that you flash at your own risk and I am not responsible for any bad things that happen to your device.

How to flash:

You must flash to the CF03 ROM before flashing to this ROM.

Then:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

10-9-09: SYS and XIP updated to 23064, fixed appointment creation screen, new soft key buttons in black version.

10-4-09: New black version using m.carrolls PureBlackV3, New Autocalllocker version, LG Incite keyboard, fixed CLinks panel name, contacts from 23414, modded TM Carbon dialer for black version.

9-27-09: Updated SYS and XIP to 23053, updated SkyFire, updated CLauncher to .25, added GPS Radar to Titanium Weather, added AutoCallLocker by JohKarJes, added Samsung SDK, cleaned up Neo Theme, new blue theme by Jeffrey2000, used LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen.

9-7-09:Initial release

Items in the ROM:

Advanced Config 3.3

All in one Comm Manager/Wifi Router ported by Sector

Apptodate

Autocalllocker by JohKarJes

Bing

Black Power Calc

Black Keyboard

Black Easy Settings

Black FMRadio

Bluetooth Icon broker

Default IM (input selector)

Esmertec JBed Java

GPS Radar

HTC dlls

Kinetic scrolling

Mortscrip

My Phone

Neo Titanium Panels - ATContacts, CClock, CHome, CLauncher, COpera, CLinks, COffice, CAppointments, TitaniumWeather, CMusic, Cpictures

Personalizer

PIM backup

PSShutXP

Samsung SDK

Samsung Volume control with ExilHHBlueMeta theme by Krazy Radd

SD card Tuneup

SDK Certs

Showaco CHome Editor

Showaco Restart

Showcase Task Manager

SkyFire

Spb Screenshot

Thumbcal with modded theme

XDA_UC

WM7 theme by Jeffery2000 (modded by me)

Removed:

All cursors except the standard arrow

Security check

Screen Calibration

Theme Editor

Large Display (icon still shows in settings but will not work)

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Infrared Drivers

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Phonebook

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Dialer

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Reader

Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)

Widgets

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

User Customization:

My ROM uses a user customization tool called XDA_UC created by Noonski. It will allow you to place your theme, tweaks, cabs and other files on your storage card and have them installed automatically after a flash or hard reset. To get a better idea of what I am talking about please see this thread over at XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3611692

These files will need to be put in a folder in the root of your storage card. The folder is called XDA_UC.

For your theme to be used you will need to rename it to My.tsk and place it in the XDA_UC folder. Then on first boot your theme will be used.

Cab file installation. If you want cabs to be installed to device memory the place them in the XDA_UC folder. These cabs will be installed silently and need no user interaction. If you want a cab file to be installed to your Storage card or My Storage then you will need to place cab file in XDA_UC/SD. Any cab files in this folder will auto launch but will ask you where to install them. After installation you will need to tap on OK and the next cab file installation will start.

Reg tweaks that you put in will need contain the following line at the top of the file "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00", a line space must be included at the end of the file. If you look at the XDA-Devlopers thread I linked above you will see more information about this.

Now that I have done this there are some changes to the startup procedure. Please note the changes so you do not have issues.

You no longer need to tap on the start menu to have the ROM finish loading. This will be done automatically for you. Wait for about 30 seconds or so and you will see a customization popup that will let you know that customization is starting. You can tap on the countdown number to start or just let it count down. This will install any items that you have in the XDA_UC folder.

If you have no XDA_UC folder you will still see the customization popup. Tap on the countdown or let it finish. It will finish installation of the items I have placed in the ROM.

Once this has finished a popup screen will appear letting you know that the customizations have finished. OK out of this screen and your device will soft reset to complete all installations.

Version 1 notes:

Like all newer versions of Windows Phone the OK/Close is broken in the Phone settings screen. You can slave a hard button to OK/Close or soft reset after changing your settings.

Known issues:

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Black Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139669756/6dc3...Black23064.html

Blue Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139673495/8e48...7Blue23064.html

Guest rpmm70
I got this rom and its not downloading or sending picture messages.

im kinda new too this.

can anyone help me ?

:)

Check to see if your broadband connection is set up on the phone. Start Menu -> Settings -> Connections ->Connections

If it is not set up, there are two ways to do it:

1) Hard reset your device

2) Add a new connection. It should be named "Broadband Access", the number is "#777", and leave the user name and password blank. If a screen comes up asking for the user name and password, leave everything blank and select save password and it shouldn't come up again.

Guest jaker29902

Whenever I am in a call, I cannot punch in any numbers, i.e. entering security code or press 1 for english, please help!

-Jake

***FIXED!***

Had call lock on

Edited by jaker29902

• 2 weeks later...
Guest missingXtension

OKay guys i have a small problem, i got me a new omnia from verizon.

My intention was to get it on the metropcs network, having done it on the q and the 5800 before.

But this samsung is kicking my butt, qpst wont load phone and with samsungs pst i cant find the i910 or u540 dll.

Either way i am screwed, so i went ahead and took into the metropcs store.

They went ahead and loaded the prl and added the esn in the system.

But where it gets strange is that since I flashed the blue theme **772 will not work anymore!!!

So I have a phone and service but no way to load the settings on the phone.

**debug wont do sheet either, does any one know what the dial parser changed to?

i tried looking in the registry but cant find it.

Also if i have to virgize the phone, will i have to have the prl reloaded?

Because i just had it loaded.....Today................and i dont want to go back tomorrow.....

I read somewhere about update the prl, which leads me to belive that the prl will revert to verizon!

But right now the way I see it, i will need to get it to virging and keep that way..

I hope i get a responce soon because the main reason i updated was because of the mstsc for pocket pc.

I have fond memories of it from the ipaq. But i do miss the bluetooth remote control from the Q, and of course you cant beat keyboard on the q. Just for the keyboard alone, I might give the omnia to my wife.

p.s. Also thanks for the great rom, too bad you dont have a moto q so we can get a 6.1 rom on that

I already started a main thread about this issue because Ive been reading like crazy for the last 3 days and i cant find anything yet.

Edited by missingXtension

Guest gman34
OKay guys i have a small problem, i got me a new omnia from verizon.

My intention was to get it on the metropcs network, having done it on the q and the 5800 before.

But this samsung is kicking my butt, qpst wont load phone and with samsungs pst i cant find the i910 or u540 dll.

Either way i am screwed, so i went ahead and took into the metropcs store.

They went ahead and loaded the prl and added the esn in the system.

But where it gets strange is that since I flashed the blue theme **772 will not work anymore!!!

So I have a phone and service but no way to load the settings on the phone.

**debug wont do sheet either, does any one know what the dial parser changed to?

i tried looking in the registry but cant find it.

Also if i have to virgize the phone, will i have to have the prl reloaded?

Because i just had it loaded.....Today................and i dont want to go back tomorrow.....

I read somewhere about update the prl, which leads me to belive that the prl will revert to verizon!

But right now the way I see it, i will need to get it to virging and keep that way..

I hope i get a responce soon because the main reason i updated was because of the mstsc for pocket pc.

I have fond memories of it from the ipaq. But i do miss the bluetooth remote control from the Q, and of course you cant beat keyboard on the q. Just for the keyboard alone, I might give the omnia to my wife.

p.s. Also thanks for the great rom, too bad you dont have a moto q so we can get a 6.1 rom on that

I already started a main thread about this issue because Ive been reading like crazy for the last 3 days and i cant find anything yet.

try dailing *2

or *228

and btw, this rom is outdated, granted i used it and was the best rom ever for a few months, there are newer builds that you might want to check out.

Guest guy_incognito262
try dailing *2

or *228

and btw, this rom is outdated, granted i used it and was the best rom ever for a few months, there are newer builds that you might want to check out.

Which rom would you recommend? I am new to the omnia, but so far I like this rom the best. If there is an updated version that is otherwise similar, I'd be all ears.

Guest Luacious

I would concur, I am new to the omnia also, but I rdyly got on board w/ thr dc22 roms available, and after 20+ hours of scouring for the right rom, I ended up w/ Mikes NUROM DC22 and other than a couple of cab fixes (Keyboard mainly) I am all on top of NUROM =)

Guest guy_incognito262

What are the advantages that a newer rom will offer? Is it noticeable?

Also, have people been noticing much of a difference with DC22? I originally tried updating with the samsung upgrade program, but it would not begin the process. It gave some error message saying that it did not detect a Verizon i910 or something like that. I am using an Omnia i910, but it is activated through PagePlus, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the input.

Guest 180pilot

Little Help. Omnia i910 with CFO3.2096 Having problem, get to point I turn on Omnia and little window comes up: Titled UMDL_Omnia_v2.3, with yellow triangle with exclamation mark says Win USB Initialize. I tap OK in that window, then another error box comes up says: Unified Total Downloader has stopped working close program.????

This is my first attempt at a flash, I have USB settings on phone set to mass storage. I'm using Vista home premium OS.

Have FlashWM7Blue23064.bin loaded in PDA section of UDML. Detect button responds. I plug in phone turned off then turn it on. What am I doing wrong?

Guest rpmm70
Little Help. Omnia i910 with CFO3.2096 Having problem, get to point I turn on Omnia and little window comes up: Titled UMDL_Omnia_v2.3, with yellow triangle with exclamation mark says Win USB Initialize. I tap OK in that window, then another error box comes up says: Unified Total Downloader has stopped working close program.????

This is my first attempt at a flash, I have USB settings on phone set to mass storage. I'm using Vista home premium OS.

Have FlashWM7Blue23064.bin loaded in PDA section of UDML. Detect button responds. I plug in phone turned off then turn it on. What am I doing wrong?

Did you turn off "Allow USB Connections" on your computer?

Guest 180pilot
Did you turn off "Allow USB Connections" on your computer?

I did remember seeing that, somewhere, but guess it didn't make sense to me as I'm connecting phone to laptop with a USB cable? Is there a tutorial on this using vista? Is this done in the Windows Mobile Device Program settings? And does that program have to be running along with UMDL? Thank you.

Edited by 180pilot

Guest rpmm70
I did remember seeing that, somewhere, but guess it didn't make sense to me as I'm connecting phone to laptop with a USB cable? Is there a tutorial on this using vista? Is this done in the Windows Mobile Device Program settings? And does that program have to be running along with UMDL? Thank you.

I use a laptop to do all of my flashing. Yes, it is in Windows Mobile Device Center. Look for "Connection Settings" and make sure that "Allow USB Connections" is unchecked. No, WMDC should not be running with UMDL. There is a link to a guide below.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Use Method 2 in Post 1 and Post 2 to flash to a custom ROM