BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Hey,

Great job. I just updated [First Time]. I was scared as hell. But getting all of the verizon crapware was damn worthy. So far so good. I need to learn how to use this phone again but again Great JOB!!!

It is possible to update the software in the rom? Should I install the attached files that you have as well!?

Any advice, like know issues or stuff like that!!?

Glad you like it. :)

What software needs updating?

Install the attached files in the first post only if you want to change the way the today and start screens look.

Yeah, I forgot. I have to modify the dll files to show capitals so if I don't think about it you don't see them.

haha, understandable...i'm sure it's alot to keep in mind :)

here is a better windows live icon with reflection this time...like i said before, if there is any graphic design stuff you need done let me know and i can definitely contribute to your excellent work

post-527171-1252960671_thumb.png

so was that a no go on the black theme?

i really like wozzer's naked rom i have flashed now..

but i've heard he's left.

you dont' do anything like that, do you blazingwolf?

just strip everything as naked as possible. xD

In case you hadn't noticed yet, Wozzer's back in a limited way. He has a new naked rom out based on a new build. http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...-kitchen-23049/

No disrespect, BW... just letting this guy know.

Guest blazingwolf

here is a better windows live icon with reflection this time...like i said before, if there is any graphic design stuff you need done let me know and i can definitely contribute to your excellent work

I'll see about using the icon. :)

Guest reaver76

That's a nice Icon!!! I borrowed it for a start screen, if you don't mind. What do you guys think? It would go nice with a black theme or ... BW if you could mod it to match your blue. Let me know what you think. I can mess around with it some more.

post-542598-1252969630_thumb.jpg

Edited by reaver76

Guest blazingwolf
That's a nice Icon!!! I borrowed it for a start screen, if you don't mind. What do you guys think? It would go nice with a black theme or ... BW if you could mod it to match your blue. Let me know what you think. I can mess around with it some more.

That looks good. :) Would go great with a black theme. :)

One thing. It needs to be 240X400.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Lisbian08

Hey BW, been gone awhile, but checked in from time to time. Do these new 6.5 builds still work well with MS3. I see you don't have the MS3 version anymore, but it can be installed over the top. Keep up the good work.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, been gone awhile, but checked in from time to time. Do these new 6.5 builds still work well with MS3. I see you don't have the MS3 version anymore, but it can be installed over the top. Keep up the good work.

I have been a little hesitant to put MS3 on because it hides the start button and has a small gap at the bottom of the screen that the wallpaper does not cover. Other than that though it still works like normal.

Hey BW.....I can't seem to get the screen to lock when on a call. Have you heard of any issues with this? I tried the whole advanced config / phone thing and I couldn't get the phone pad to come up. Actually, I could get the phone portion to work at all.

Glad you like it. :)

What software needs updating?

Install the attached files in the first post only if you want to change the way the today and start screens look.

Hey...

I think I have found a very little bug [Maybe it was reported]. I changed the default theme and restarted the omnia but it went back to the default after the phone was turn on. I uninstalled the default one and set up another but now it shows the screen without any theme at all :$... kind of weird for me.

Another thing.

I know you do the roms to your like and for fun, but is there a way I can get a rom the way I like it. For example all I wanted to do was to get rid of all of the verizon crapware but keep some other stuff. I prefer the smaller display to the larger display but that just me. Let's say a Virgin rom with all the necessary stuff to run wm only and the trademark programs like windows media player and office. Is that possible?

Guest reaver76

That's what I get for rushing. I'll fix it and re-load it when I get a chance. My bad.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW.....I can't seem to get the screen to lock when on a call. Have you heard of any issues with this? I tried the whole advanced config / phone thing and I couldn't get the phone pad to come up. Actually, I could get the phone portion to work at all.

I removed the Samsung dialer form this ROM. It does not work correctly. So you will need to add a 3rd party lock program to have a lock.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey...

I think I have found a very little bug [Maybe it was reported]. I changed the default theme and restarted the omnia but it went back to the default after the phone was turn on. I uninstalled the default one and set up another but now it shows the screen without any theme at all :$... kind of weird for me.

Another thing.

I know you do the roms to your like and for fun, but is there a way I can get a rom the way I like it. For example all I wanted to do was to get rid of all of the verizon crapware but keep some other stuff. I prefer the smaller display to the larger display but that just me. Let's say a Virgin rom with all the necessary stuff to run wm only and the trademark programs like windows media player and office. Is that possible?

Is the theme you are trying to use made for 6.5 and for this build? If not it will not work correctly.

I'm not understanding what you want for the ROM. Smaller display?

Guest kevinjrr

Can someone tell me what the attachments are for (BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab and BW_Original_Titanium.cab)?

What do they do for the existing ROM?

Thanks

Guest Catrinisin
Can someone tell me what the attachments are for (BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab and BW_Original_Titanium.cab)?

What do they do for the existing ROM?

Thanks

The start menu one changes the start menu from 4 columns to 3 columns with slightly larger icons.

The Second CAB changes the theme or look of the ROM to his original theme. You should be able to uninstall it if you don't like it.

i like it, plain, to the point. cool icon and i love the mirroring.

im not a fan of the font, i think it needs something less standard. like a custom font or a neat one off the web or something. it just feels a little too plain to me

Just threw this together quick but how about something like this for the blue theme?

And on a side note why is everyone else using 23047 if 23409 is the latest? BW, why did someone ask you if you were going to do a 23047 version? Wouldn't that be an older release? :)

post-527171-1253038644_thumb.png

Guest blazingwolf
Just threw this together quick but how about something like this for the blue theme?

And on a side note why is everyone else using 23047 if 23409 is the latest? BW, why did someone ask you if you were going to do a 23047 version? Wouldn't that be an older release? :)

That looks nice. :)

23047 is an older branch but it is a newer build. 23409 is a newer branch but came out before 23047.

23049 just appeared yesterday. I'm just about done with it and will post it tomorrow. I'm at work today so I can't post it today.

That looks nice. :)

23047 is an older branch but it is a newer build. 23409 is a newer branch but came out before 23047.

23049 just appeared yesterday. I'm just about done with it and will post it tomorrow. I'm at work today so I can't post it today.

i see...cool...well i guess i know what i'm doing tomorrow on my lunch break :)

Guest IamReady

Cool graphic! The actual latest builds are 23049 and 23412. :) The 230## builds are from a branch called COM 3 and the 234## are branch COM 4 I think. Not completely clear on what that means...but the higher number does not necessarily mean newer/better build.

bw beat me to the reply! :)

Edited by IamReady

Guest kevinjrr

anyone else have a problem with their side buttons working with this ROM? They work for a while, then for no apparent reason stop working until I soft reset.

great ROM by the way!

Guest blazingwolf
anyone else have a problem with their side buttons working with this ROM? They work for a while, then for no apparent reason stop working until I soft reset.

great ROM by the way!

I assume you mean the hard keys, correct? Then my answer is no. You are the first to report it.

Installed anything that controls the hard keys?

Guest kevinjrr

turns out it was the Chobit Smartlock app that was causing the problem. The hard keys would work until I made or received a phone call (and the smartlock kicked in) . After I unlocked it, then the keys would no longer work. Guess I'll have to find another way to lock the screen on calls.