[ROM] Omnia WM 6.1 ROM DXIF1 build 21001 (from Omnia II) with BT-audio fix (7 September 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Thank you lupus_hegemonia I trying Sinan's ultra clean rom now.

From my part (MY phone use!), ALL these I've wrote you, are... "Angus Young" (lol) HARD ROCKIN' Roms!!!

I found ALL these 6.1 the BEST of all (with pros/cons, each one o' them)... and about the 6.5s, m8, it's all about LUCK! WimMo 6.5 is STILL (for pity sakes!) a... "BETA" OS, so it's about luck to find a STABLE 6.5 Rom "suitable" to your standards.

ALL "COOKERS", to me, are making Roms FOR THEMSELVES FIRST/FOR THEIR USE (logical, isn't it?) and then they sharing them to public. IF YOU like a specific Rom and YOU ARE LUCKY to using your phone like "cooker" does, you'll find the BEST 6.5 Rom!

To me, a "lucky" lad - since I DON'T making "hard" use, just a simple/regular phone use (no music, media, "web-serf", etc.), I can find MANY Roms suitable to me.

(The only... problem I have now is, that I've tested TOO MANY and... I don't know WHAT to use for good and stop looking around! HAHAHA).

Cheers.

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Well... I've tired with the baggy 6.5 Roms and I've returned to 6.1s...

I'm REALLY-REALLY in LOVE with 6.5s, but I can't stand anymore the several bags/lags any "cooked" Rom have. The ONLY choice a user has, is to use a FULLY "NAKED" 6.5 Rom - but, hey, what's the beauty anymore?

The Titanium ui, "supposed" to be the 6.5 on-board ui. And... there are several problems with Titanium's scripts. Well, I've done with it. IF SOMEDAY there is a FULL-RELEASED official 6.5 Rom, I'll definitely use it.

Right now... I feel really tired. I've tested ALMOST EVERY SINGLE 6.5 around! All Roms, are great - very good work from the "shefs". BUT! ALL of the 6.5 Roms, still having serious bags/lags and... eventually, you getting tired from "flashing"/testing (at least, I am).

But, I believe so much in Sector's, Shokka9's & Khuanchai's work. Everyday, I'll keep an eye on their threads, to see if a FULL-OFFICIAL (but... "cooked", hehehe) Rom will be released...

RIGHT NOW, I'm using THIS "OMNIA II's" Rom. I'll see if it's working good...

Cheers, m8.

Was looking for a clean alternative ROM to Shokka9's which I found a bit messy to my liking.

This one is amazing... makes your Omnia feel like a completely new device with the improved "Touch and Feel". For instance I was struggeling with Winterface's "Slide to unlock" most of the time but not anymore... get it right everytime now.

Nothing wrong with the recipe either... this could be the *final* 6.1 ROM for all I care :)

I've read all eight pages of posts after the release... and allmost every "problem" encountered is due to not knowing where or how...

Not because there's actually anything wrong.

Edited by pfonck

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Cons & Pros of this "OMNIA II's" Rom

--------------------------------------------

PROS:

- OUTSTANDING performance! The phone's "ROCKS" really... Hard-Rock!

- Marvelous screen sencitivity - probably the best around!

- Great Rom "flexibility", with great working resaults.

- It takes ONLY 34% Ram and after quite many progs installed... it came to 37% ONLY!

- Some GREAT, REALLY GREAT audio/sound files, like the "SMS" or the "EMAIL" ones!

CONS:

- The signal seems to be okay, but the signal-icon ("bars") is... "dancing Greek sirtaki"! In the SAME room of the house, sometimes has "full-bars", after a while 2 bars, after a while NO bars, again 2 bars, then "full-house"... etc.

- The battery's life seems NOT to be as good as they're saying. I've "flashed" the Rom with 63% (before UEFA CL matches' kick-off), I made my settings, I've installed some programs, I played with the visual look of the Rom... and it dropped to 40% (at 02:00 o' clock)! I think... it dropps quite fast, isn't it? On the other hand, I maybe wrong about it.

- The shef pre-installed some useful programs, but the 90% of the users owns MUCH MORE USEFUL programs - so they're not nesessary much and they "taking" some of the Device's MBs.

- Our dear Khuanchai, in almost all his Roms, seems not giving too much of importance in the "visual part" of a Rom. That's also happens in this one. The shef, just removed the wallpaper (that's good!), but he used a DARK BLUE (as default) background color with BLACK text... and the "classic" Samsung default "golden" taskbars. I think, it could be better... If not to use something "unique" for the visual part (as Sector or Shakka9 doing), at least, it could be used a black color for background with WHITE text and red or dark-grey taskbars.

- This is another "clean" Rom, for EXPERIANCED users. Why? Because a "green" user or a modest one, wants as less as he can customize in a Rom. THIS Rom, needs to spend quite of time to customize it - which is fine by me, actually.

- Unfortunatelly... there's NO GREEK REGION SETTINGS in this Rom, which is quite odd to me! I've "played" with many ENGLISH Roms and ALL of them, they HAD Greek Region Settings "pre-installed" too...

- That "locking" issue, is quite vexing! You pressing the "Cancel Call" and the phone is locked... and you must press the "ON/OFF" button to unlock, because by pressing the "Cancel Call"... nothing happens. The same thing, when the phone is idle and "sleeps"...

EDIT: That's NOT a con... I found it! In "Buttons" Settings, we're going down and scrolling with the arrows and in the "WakeUp" tab, we can change it!

I wish the shef to take care this cons that I've found.

Cheers to all.

(GOOD ROM INDEED!)

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest badman08
Thanks all for comments and suggestions. I'll catch up those to improve the next version if any. :)

Hello KC,

is it possible to implement the Samsung Omnia II Progs(Dialer, Calender, Mail etc.) into that ROM as seen on http://pocketnow.com/review/samsung-omnia-ii-i8000?p=2 ???

What do you think?

Edited by badman08

Guest jmsmartins

have tested this rom for a week and it seems great. EVERYTHING is working well, and its the fastest rom i've ever tried (and i tried many). great touch response also.

the only problem i got was yesterday; i installed a balck skin for the keyboard and i couldn't see some icons on the taskbar. then i soft reset and my omnia didn't start. "samsung" appeared on the screen and then my omnia turned off. i had to install the rom again, and so far everything ok. i won't install that skin again :)

KC, do you think this problem had in fact anything to do with the keyboard skin? (i was using touch shell and my keyboard was omnia's one).

Thanks m8, GREAT work

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Thanks all for comments and suggestions. I'll catch up those to improve the next version if any. :)

My dear "asian" shef, I think it's all about 2-4 hrs of work... and this Rom will become the No1 "MUST HAVE" in the whole bloody Web!

I've you check my "mini-review", you'll see that there's no serious issue, just few "colors" you need to "draw".

And... there's no need of a new ver. You can improve that one.

About the visual part - sorry m8, all your Roms having the same problem; they're "simple"/naked - I can help.

(Check my web-site: www.lupus-creations.gr )

Cheers and I hope you'll make these improves.

AH! Something else... Please, WRITE DOWN a list of WHAT you left inside the Rom and what you get rid.

'Cause I've installed some progs and I found that you already have them included...

Cheers...

Great work man, ty

I have only one question, I couldn't find my country (Turkey) in the list at Regional Settings, It was there at original rom.

So How can add my country to the list

Thank you

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Great work man, ty

I have only one question, I couldn't find my country (Turkey) in the list at Regional Settings, It was there at original rom.

So How can add my country to the list

Thank you

"Merhaba, Arkadas! Nasilsin iz?..."

HEHEHE!... Hello, "neighbor", from "Attene/Yunanistan"!!!

There are SEVERAL missed countries, friend. Including Turkiye AND MINE too!!!

A mate of mine, created a .cab with our Region Settings... but didn't work.

I guess... SOMETHING have to be done from the shef himself.

"Iyi geceler, gorusuruz!"

(My origin is from Istanbul and my grandfather, was a superb Greek goalkeeper in Turkiye, durring '20s-'30s...)

hello everyone!!

I want to flash my Omnia i900L but I have some questions before to do that:

1) Can I install this new ROM in my Omnia i900L ? (I don't know if it includes the "phone.bin")

2) Could someone tell me how I can flash with Windows Vista x64? (i changed my computer and i can't find the post for this kind of O.S.)

I would appreciate so much your help and thanks in advance.

Regards.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
hello everyone!!

1) Can I install this new ROM in my Omnia i900L ? (I don't know if it includes the "phone.bin")

2) Could someone tell me how I can flash with Windows Vista x64? (i changed my computer and i can't find the post for this kind of O.S.)

Regards.

1) What's that "L" after the model number???... If your OMNIA is this (http://www.apiastos.gr/images/Samsung_Omnia16gb.jpg), you can.

2) DO NOT try with Vista. First of all, before 2 months I bought a PC for a firm (client of mine) and I've strongly insist and bought XP, instead Vista... There is a way to flash it in Vista, but it's quite difficult and way too risky.

"Merhaba, Arkadas! Nasilsin iz?..."

HEHEHE!... Hello, "neighbor", from "Attene/Yunanistan"!!!

There are SEVERAL missed countries, friend. Including Turkiye AND MINE too!!!

A mate of mine, created a .cab with our Region Settings... but didn't work.

I guess... SOMETHING have to be done from the shef himself.

"Iyi geceler, gorusuruz!"

(My origin is from Istanbul and my grandfather, was a superb Greek goalkeeper in Turkiye, durring '20s-'30s...)

great pleasure to meet you m8 (Χαίρομαι πολύ για να σας γνωρίσουμε γείτονα) :)

and thanks donteo for the file

since its a naked ROM, in case anyone wants to install M2D, the CAB from Khuanchai's WM6.5 works great on this built. just installed myself and wow.........haha

Hey guys, this is my first kitchen ROM experience and it began great, man.. is this ROM responsive.... YUMMY :) .

Great work Khuanchai, and many many thanks

But I have a few questions to ask, first of all I'm more like a Omnia user and, NOT a try it all type, so I'm looking for a stable functional phone, I liked a naked ROM coz, I rather install& update my programs and not keep the junk staff in the rom. so that said,

I'm really interested about this Manilla 2D application but where can I find it (not built in but as a separate CAB file) ?. There are themes and ROMs everywhere but i guess the cab is buried deep so I'd applicate a bit of help.

Also I want to install firefox as my browser but I see people are looking for special builds and stuff it makes me wonder should I go for the main site and latest ver or is there a version I should go for.

One last thing. I did not like Omnia media center (or whatever it was called) but I was using it, due to the fact it was working even when I put the phone to sleep (pressed power button once). So should I find and install it or is there any other program that works like that you can suggest???

Thanks for your patience and reading my post till the end. Regards,

Edited by emk2z

Guest lupus_hegemonia
great pleasure to meet you m8 (Χαίρομαι πολύ για να σας γνωρίσουμε γείτονα) :)

and thanks donteo for the file

Hahahaha... Nice try, "Arkadas"! Did you use Google Translator?

Anyways... Happy for helping you...

"Iyi geceler".

This power button bug because of bt-fix is annoying, I wont use any bt headset so no need that bt-fix.

Khuanchai can you prepare a rom without bt-fix patch,pls.

This rom is really great and I want to use absolutely this rom.

thanks again for your great work Khuancha

Guest Khuanchai
This power button bug because of bt-fix is annoying, I wont use any bt headset so no need that bt-fix.

Khuanchai can you prepare a rom without bt-fix patch,pls.

This rom is really great and I want to use absolutely this rom.

thanks again for your great work Khuancha

There has been no power button bug for a very lone time. What do you mean for this bug?

I have no plan to make any non-BT fix ROM cause many people are doing great jobs on this type of ROM. You may want to try one of them.

Guest hong2009

Hi KC, Thanks for this build, which is fast and stable, but the problem is , fingermouse is buggy, and fingermouse is very important to me, otherwise it is a perfect rom for me, do you have any solution for it? thanks in advance.

Edited by hong2009

Man, it starts again... :) I mean the bug, when you wake up the phone, the screen flashes for a second, goes blank, then only the power button can bring the picture back. After a HR it has worked correctly for a few days but now again... more and more frequently... :)

Honestly, this is by far the best ROM which currently exists for Omnia... but I'll have to switch to another one, thanks to this bug :)

hello everyone!!

Regards.

i can tell my experience (have an i900L rom)

1) yes you can.. but you have to flash the radio (phone.bin) just in case.

2) no.. you have to use a VM Software (use vmware) to do this

but...

Man, it starts again... :) I mean the bug, when you wake up the phone, the screen flashes for a second, goes blank, then only the power button can bring the picture back. After a HR it has worked correctly for a few days but now again... more and more frequently... :)

Honestly, this is by far the best ROM which currently exists for Omnia... but I'll have to switch to another one, thanks to this bug :)

happen to me too but diferent... and worser... phone starts.. says samsung and done, OS dont boot... found in this forum that after flashing have to do hardreset at least two times to the device... i'm doing that right now.. tell ya later

Edited by tengoku