WoZZeR's PlatformReBuilder Based Kitchen (23064)

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

The new Kitchen I created uses Platform Rebuilder as a base. There are some Pro's and cons to this. It gives read-outs about slot0 usage, reduces the modules size by removing uldr information, allows the use for XIP creation. It does seem a little more fragile than the old BuildOS method though.

At the bottom of the post is the Base kitchen, and each of the SYS packages (already recmodded for more slot0 free space. Extract the file with path to the base kitchen. You will need your own OEM (just place it in the OEM folder), and you can also use EXT pages now (place them in EXT/Applications/).

Again, this is a release for you guys to figure out what it can do, and how it works. I have included support for LZX compression. The 23047 package is my current SYS. Future SYS's will be released in their full package with everything included.

Just a reminder: Limited support, I will answer where I see fit, and will be updating this post as needed. Play with the kitchen, learn how it works, and what it can do.

My kitchen supports multiple SYS/XIP's, in the format of SYS/Version and ROM/XIP/Version. Now you can use 1 set of OEM's with many different sets of SYS/XIP's.

View BuildLog.txt for the PRB (platformrebuilder) build info. Here you can see if slot0 is empty of modules (xda for more info), and if you had any overwriting files.

New version of the base kitchen. 1.02a. Leave WozXipFix in the oemdirectory. Download from the 3rd post (sectors, he made it easier for you i900 guys).

I'm too lazy to update both posts, SYS/XIP latest thread.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm putting this here because some people won't read the whole thread...

You do no need an xip.bin. This does the porting. You do not need to do anything except extract the archives (with path included).

OEM/OEM_Lang_0XXX initflashfiles.dat should be unicode or ANSI

Run 'clear file attributes' before building for the first time or when adding a new SYS/XIP.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Hello fellas!

We got some more updates on Wozer's kitchen.

Version 1.02a --> Download: Base_Kitchenv1.02a.zip

New/Updates:

Option to change pagepool size.

Updated recmodded files.

Added new function to create new executable rom. You can of course use our friend's Pakko777 tool to create it..

How-to cook:

1. Create a new folder in \SYS and name it after your build version, for example 23064. Place your SYS files in there. DO NOT include .ROM and .VM.

2. Place your OEM files in \OEM folder.

Optional step: Place your EXT files in \EXT folder.

3. Create a new folder in \ROM\XIP\ and name it after your build version, for example 23064. Place the \MSXIPKernel folder inside. This is the donor folder.

You will now 2 folders, \ROM\XIP\Omnia and \ROM\XIP\buildversion

4. Go back to the root and choose ur desired XIP compression mode. Enable XPR.cmd triggers the XPR compression. Enable LZX.cmd triggers the LZX compression.

5. Double click the BuildRom.cmd to start building ur rom.

6. A new console window will appear and ask ur build version. You have to enter it the number as it shows on screen.

Moving on will appear to enter the pagepool size. Default is 14mb but i recommend using an 8mb size. Just enter your desired number. Pagepool varies from 1mb - 24mb.

7. Follow the instructions on screen and soon you will have a new rom to enjoy.

Important Note: I have included an eboot.nb0 (DXID1) and a simple customer.csc which are in \updater\ directory. These files will merge with pda.bin and create an executable file ready for flashing.

For foreign language users:

- Should change to their own eboot.nb0 according to their language.

- Should change in BuildRom.cmd the value of: SET LOCALE=0409 to their language muis.

Happy Cooking!

Guest Nicklashidegard

Just a few quiestions (for anyone who's build a successful i900 rom using this kitchen):

1. I build the rom ok and end up with a Flashromprb.bin file. Do i just rename this to PDA.bin?? or is it more involved than that.. BTW. i replaced the files in the omnia rom\xip directory with the one's from my original DXID xip.

2. Do i complete the MSXIPKernelLTK with the original i900 info?? or just leave it blank??

3. i get a few errors in buildlog.txt (attached) mainly multiples rec.txt' in sys and option.xml', but it says they are overwritten....

Any help would be appreciated.. I feel like i'm getting there but falling at the last hurdle. :) .

Thanks

buildlog.txt

Guest WoZZeR999

The flashromprb.bin is the PDA.bin you guys use.

The last non-booting part might be my fault. When releasing the kitchen, I forgot that you needed a different /ROM folder.

OEMXIP for i900

Just replace the 'Omnia' folder in the zip with the one in the kitchen.

The overwrites are normally fine, infact your buildlog looks pretty good!

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Nicklashidegard
The flashromprb.bin is the PDA.bin you guys use.

The last non-booting part might be my fault. When releasing the kitchen, I forgot that you needed a different /ROM folder.

OEMXIP for i900

Just replace the 'Omnia' folder in the zip with the one in the kitchen.

The overwrites are normally fine, infact your buildlog looks pretty good!

WOW, thanks for the quick reply.. i've done some more recmodding to get the slot0 down to 1... think i might be able to tweak a bit more.. lol

i'll try with the OEMXIP and let you know , will be tomorrow now :) .. Can't wait to get cracking..

Thanks for a great kitchen, it's a pleasure to use!!!

Edited by Nicklashidegard

Guest WoZZeR999

Hopefully you can get it to build. I'm not sure why, but some people are having problems with it. Remember to leave my XIPFix in the oem dir. BTW, recmod your OEMApps, make it easier to get slot0 free :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hopefully you can get it to build. I'm not sure why, but some people are having problems with it. Remember to leave my XIPFix in the oem dir. BTW, recmod your OEMApps, make it easier to get slot0 free :)

yep, the xip fix is there. Originally i made the mistake of using the i910 kitchen with the i910 xip, so i think that's why.. I'm gonna give this a go first thing in the morning, should work :) .

Thanks for the recmod tip. :)

nice kitchen... thanks a lot... but (always is a 'but' hehe)

i have made a rom but it doesn't boot :) i think is xip problem... is there a possibility to add my own XIP.bin when rom is cooking ? (not your MSXIPKernel directories)

another question... how to copy OEM in OEM folder in kitchen ? only my OEM_DPI_96 OEM_Lang_0409 OEMApps OEMDrivers OEMMISC folders ?

Guest Nicklashidegard
nice kitchen... thanks a lot... but (always is a 'but' hehe)

i have made a rom but it doesn't boot :) i think is xip problem... is there a possibility to add my own XIP.bin when rom is cooking ? (not your MSXIPKernel directories)

another question... how to copy OEM in OEM folder in kitchen ? only my OEM_DPI_96 OEM_Lang_0409 OEMApps OEMDrivers OEMMISC folders ?

I've finally got a booting i900 rom. You need to copy the whole oem folder (including oem apps/drivers/LANG, the lot) and dump in oem folder, as they were in your last kitchen.

On top of this you need to replace the files in wozzer's xipfix folder with the files from your original i900 xip.. I also replaced both romhdr.bin and imgfs.src in rom folder with my i900 one's.

It worked and i got a booting rom but the LZX compression don't work (yet :) ). Got a feeling that i might have replaced too much, but at least it's booting, and i can work back from there...

Good luck mate!!

edit: by replacing romhdr.bin and imgfs.src you make it bootable on a i900, but you also disable compression :) .. I think we need Wozzer or Sector to work their magic.. But it's a great kitchen nevertheless, very lite and small and so good to work with. Thankyou so much Wozzer for publishing this!!!

ok it have booted but only when i changed line in BuildROM.cmd to get my own ported xip.bin ... ROM is booting but its look like this kitchen dos not work property with provxml files....

Guest sinancetinkaya
On top of this you need to replace the files in wozzer's xipfix folder with the files from your original i900 xip.. I also replaced both romhdr.bin and imgfs.src in rom folder with my i900 one's.

It worked and i got a booting rom but the LZX compression don't work (yet :) ). Got a feeling that i might have replaced too much, but at least it's booting, and i can work back from there...

the imgfs.src you copied from your old i900 rom folder has XPR. I remember changing modules in XIP (ie. cecompr.dll) is not easy. If the module size is different from the old one, we have to use M'reloc to relocate XIP modules in memory, haven't we ?

Unfortunately I forgot how to do it :) I also need some help like Nicklashidegard :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
the imgfs.src you copied from your old i900 rom folder has XPR. I remember changing modules in XIP (ie. cecompr.dll) is not easy. If the module size is different from the old one, we have to use M'reloc to relocate XIP modules in memory, haven't we ?

Unfortunately I forgot how to do it :) I also need some help like Nicklashidegard :)

don't think there's a problem with those files, but i've used a hex editor on imgfs.src and changed the compression to LZX, trial and error, but it seem to have built alright and i'm just flashing at the mo!!! The PDA size is smaller by around 15mb so it seem to have worked..

I'll post my findings in 15-20min time, complete with the imgfs.src file (that's the key one for compression)...IF it works.. And i can also post the xipfix, if anyone would like it...

Guest Nicklashidegard
ok it have booted but only when i changed line in BuildROM.cmd to get my own ported xip.bin ... ROM is booting but its look like this kitchen dos not work property with provxml files....

You shouldn't need to use a ported xip, only the MSXIPKernel. in your rom\xip folder in the kitchen, make a new folder called 23049 (if that's the build you're using). Paste the MSXIPKernel here.. This kitchen will port it automatically for you..

What do you mean by provxml files??

Guest Nicklashidegard

It's worked!!! I'm finally cooking with LZX. Just playing around with it, but there seem to be no issues!! i've got 118mb free with M2D, Neo, etc. etc (Normally 90-95mb!!!)..

These are the files i used, all i900 specific. Hope it work for ya all.

EDIT: Don't know why, but i've got 14mb pagepool????? is that already in the MSXIPKernel??

You shouldn't need to use a ported xip, only the MSXIPKernel. in your rom\xip folder in the kitchen, make a new folder called 23049 (if that's the build you're using). Paste the MSXIPKernel here.. This kitchen will port it automatically for you..

What do you mean by provxml files??

when i make it so my rom doesn't boot...

provxml... hmm for example mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml with start menu look doesn't work etc (dont know how to explain it to you lol)

Guest Nicklashidegard
when i make it so my rom doesn't boot...

provxml... hmm for example mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml with start menu look doesn't work etc (dont know how to explain it to you lol)

that's ok, don't think that's anything i use for cooking.. I know the files, but never change them.