WoZZeR's PlatformReBuilder Based Kitchen (23064)

Guest WoZZeR999

It's worked!!! I'm finally cooking with LZX. Just playing around with it, but there seem to be no issues!! i've got 118mb free with M2D, Neo, etc. etc (Normally 90-95mb!!!)..

These are the files i used, all i900 specific. Hope it work for ya all.

EDIT: Don't know why, but i've got 14mb pagepool????? is that already in the MSXIPKernel??

Did you use os.nb from WoZZeR's ?

Guest Nicklashidegard
WoZZeR999,

Base Kitchen have Trojan.

My antivirus program found it.

Can you check Base Kitchen.

Base kitchen is fine, it's the kitchen i used and it works fine..

Guest WoZZeR999

False positive on the Anti-virus.

Ryrzy, you need to use the xip that PRB created, it has all of the dsm info for the provxml's to run. You can't use your own ported XIP with it. It took me a while to figure this out.

Ignore the people from omniarom.com, they seem to know how to mess things up more than fix them.

The XIPFix is the lockstream that comes with the omnia, and the 2 additional files are from MSXIPKernel. The problem may have been in the romhdr.bin. So please re-extract the base kitchen, use the OEMXIPKernel for the i900 and replace with your romhdr.bin from an old kitchen. Run enable XPR (my mistake, you'll have to run this once before first build). Then just check that initflashfiles.dat is in unicode or ANSI.

False positive on the Anti-virus.

Ryrzy, you need to use the xip that PRB created, it has all of the dsm info for the provxml's to run. You can't use your own ported XIP with it. It took me a while to figure this out.

Ignore the people from omniarom.com, they seem to know how to mess things up more than fix them.

The XIPFix is the lockstream that comes with the omnia, and the 2 additional files are from MSXIPKernel. The problem may have been in the romhdr.bin. So please re-extract the base kitchen, use the OEMXIPKernel for the i900 and replace with your romhdr.bin from an old kitchen. Run enable XPR (my mistake, you'll have to run this once before first build). Then just check that initflashfiles.dat is in unicode or ANSI.

hmmm ok i will try :-) thanks for advice :) is there any chance to have chose possibility on OEM (in here EXT) apps while cooking ?

Guest WoZZeR999

the ervius kitching is a pain to work with. It's also a pain to port. I did get it working, but decided not to finish because I felt just a nice flat file system is much better. If you want a visual kitchen, make one.

Guest sinancetinkaya

WoZZeR999

Can you explain me (or us) how did you port new LZX cecompr.dll into XIP ?

I build rom with lzx compression it's OK

it Just doesn't boot. I believe I'm doing something wrong in XIP

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest WoZZeR999

for the 9th time, you don't need to do anything with the XIP...

Try this for me please.

download the clean kitchen (download the base v1.02, extract it to an empty folder)

download 23049.7z and extract it with paths to that folder

put your OEMS from an old kitchen in the OEM folder in this kitchen

Move your romhdr.bin from an old kitchen (in rom folder), to new kitchen (in rom folder)

run 'enable XPR'

run 'enable lzx'

and build your rom.

Let me know if those steps (exactly) for for you.

Guest sinancetinkaya
for the 9th time, you don't need to do anything with the XIP...

Try this for me please.

download the clean kitchen (download the base v1.02, extract it to an empty folder)

download 23049.7z and extract it with paths to that folder

put your OEMS from an old kitchen in the OEM folder in this kitchen

Move your romhdr.bin from an old kitchen (in rom folder), to new kitchen (in rom folder)

run 'enable XPR'

run 'enable lzx'

and build your rom.

Let me know if those steps (exactly) for for you.

Dude, I know it's annoying for you. I say again thanks for your information

I'm not using your kitchen, I'm using the old way

I just want to learn why XIP doesn't work. I put the new cecompr.dll into rom/XIP

I changed XPR string to LZX in imgfs.src via HEX editor

Building is OK but device doesn't boot

I tried XIPPORT to relocate modules and there was a "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in log which means a problem

Actually I couldn't understand XIP port, a friend told me how to do it but it was a year ago and not for i900 :)

Guest WoZZeR999

If you are using the old kitchen, then you need to get the lzx cecompr into it. You have to port it in, and make sure you don't get overlaps. There's lots of rules for a major xip port like that, and I'm not going to get into them now.

I had it running, but I no longer use the old kitchen. The new kitchen makes XIP life a lot easier.

Guest WoZZeR999

Yup, edit the buildrom file

Add a line above the first osnbtool with

osnbtool -ap temp\xip.bin xx -y (where xx is the new pagepool you want)

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Nicklashidegard

Anyone else with i900 got an issue with Camera Freezing?? If so, is there a fix?

I'm gonna try and sort it, but if anyone elso beats me to it, let me know :) ..

Cheers

Anyone else with i900 got an issue with Camera Freezing?? If so, is there a fix?

I'm gonna try and sort it, but if anyone elso beats me to it, let me know :) ..

Cheers

i have that same bug on this kitchen :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great kitchen, I've finally made my slot0 free! Easy to use too. No issues on i900. All credits to WoZZeR999, for his great work!

Edited by dddrko

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm glad someone finally got the kitchen to work on the i900 without a big hassle. Did my instructions work as posted, or did you have to do something else?

Edited by WoZZeR999