• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

xperia slide keyboard problem

6 posts in this topic

Posted

any of u facing the same problem?the keyboard didn't work well and sometimes repeat the same character twice although i just press it once and sometime space bar doesn't response and M button L button seems dead u need to press it many time B4 the character appear?is it normal?@ do i need to send it for warranty..I just worried if the Sony Ericsson's worker laugh at me if i bring my phone to them..

what ur opinion?

Posted (edited)

Do a soft reset to your phone and see if it is better. Otherwise, sending it to the sony repair is the best choice.

Edited by Darlene

Posted

Maybe there is something wrong with your phone's keyboard cable. If your phone is still in waranty, you'd better go to the service provider and the technicians there will be helpful.

Posted

Hi,

I had, or have, the same problem. And exact the same keys. Spacebar, M and L are rubbish. But it appears that it took slightly off when time passed. Also I noticed that those problems began everytime I was chatting on Live Messenger.

When I didn't opened Live Messenger it appears to react normal for a while..

My problem now is that the 'FN' button is acting like a (**censored**)..

It either doesn't respond, and IF it responds, it goes to the tagged FN mode in an instand.. Skipping the normal for-one-button-use-only-FN mode..

Do you have this problem also? Or did you already did an software reset and got an approved keyboard?

I want to solve my problem too..

Greetings

Posted

[uPDATE]

I brought my X1 to a reparation center (I work at a such a center, but I fix Samsung phones :) . The SE department is just down the hallway). and they fixed the issue by replacing the sheet with the actual buttons under the keyboard. They also replaced the back of exeterior with the known cracks (as a production error) on the back of the phone.

These two replacements are all within the warranty. So I guess you should just bring it to a service point.

As for me, cause I'm a co-worker over there. They also replaced the rest of the exterior. They gave me a new front side and a new display also! :(

So in fact I've got a brand new phone except for the mainboard and the battery cover! ;)

I hope yours will get fixed properly!

Posted

Hi,

Ive had the same problem too! non- responsive space bar and cracking cases... i took it to get it fixed and the keyboard has been fixed under warrantly but sony reckons the cracks are due to my use? which i was pretty annoyed about since ive never droped it.. :)

anyways just take it before your warranty expires!!