[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

lioryte,

flashed to this rom and so far so good. thank you. the only thing is would you have a cab for owner info and input under personal settings? one thing i also noticed is when i press call button, it goes to the keypad you cooked in but yet on all the other roms i've used before, once i install phone ex and assign phone ex dialer to the call button, it defaults to that. but yet on this one, it goes to the regular keypad. don't understand that but yet if i press contacts on today screen or anywhere else, it goes to phone ex like it should. so the only issue is the call button not doing what it's supposed to. i know this is not that big a deal but yet it bothers me. i thought i found a base rom, i really liked but this issue bothers me on phone ex. i guess that's what i have to live with since i did not cook the rom myself. i'm thinking that there has to be some kind of registry entry to fix this. anyway, thank you for the effort and good work!

Owner Settings. I missed that...Sorry I'll look for a cab and if I can't find one I'll cook something up.

As far as the dialer I need the auto-lock and it works best with Samsung Dialer.

Disabling of Samsung dialer: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0, wait for at least 30 sec and reboot your Omnia

is it possible to get a black dialer & call log, maybe samsung original

There are some cab files floating around, I'll see if I can get any. I took call log out of the ROM-it is base the entire idea is for me to give you as clean, fast and stable platform for you to do whatever you want with your device

Guest popsinger
Owner Settings. I missed that...Sorry I'll look for a cab and if I can't find one I'll cook something up.

As far as the dialer I need the auto-lock and it works best with Samsung Dialer.

Disabling of Samsung dialer: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin]

"Enabled"=dword:1, you should change to 0, wait for at least 30 sec and reboot your Omnia

thank you for the reply but the registry entry on the above suggestion is already set to zero. btw, this is on the hardware call button and of course on the phone icon in start menu where the samsung kicks in instead of the phone ex dialer. any other ideas?

Edited by popsinger

thank you for the reply but the registry entry on the above suggestion is already set to zero. btw, this is on the hardware call button and of course on the phone icon in start menu where the samsung kicks in instead of the phone ex dialer. any other ideas?

I am currently brainstorming with my good friend Mr. Beamish, once a solution will pop into my mind I'll let you know. So if I understand you correctly you installed phone ex dialer and its being rejected?

Guest popsinger
I am currently brainstorming with my good friend Mr. Beamish, once a solution will pop into my mind I'll let you know. So if I understand you correctly you installed phone ex dialer and its being rejected?

ok. on all the other roms i've flashed to up to 23047, once i install phone ex, it configures itself to be the default dialer and contacts (including the hardware call button). on this rom, when i press the hardware call button, it goes to the samsung dialer instead of phone ex. the only way to get to phone ex dialer is thru contacts. weird. don't know if it's the build as this is my first 23049 flash. to be honest though, i really like your rom since it's so minimal and all i've installed is what i really need now. i can always install extras as the need arises. but this problem bugs me and i will be forced to look for another "base" rom like yours where phone ex works like the way it's supposed to. i really don't want to though. i would like to stick with this for a while until another build that's much better comes out. i am just tired of flashing. lol. i like this one!

ok. on all the other roms i've flashed to up to 23047, once i install phone ex, it configures itself to be the default dialer and contacts (including the hardware call button). on this rom, when i press the hardware call button, it goes to the samsung dialer instead of phone ex. the only way to get to phone ex dialer is thru contacts. weird. don't know if it's the build as this is my first 23049 flash. to be honest though, i really like your rom since it's so minimal and all i've installed is what i really need now. i can always install extras as the need arises. but this problem bugs me and i will be forced to look for another "base" rom like yours where phone ex works like the way it's supposed to. i really don't want to though. i would like to stick with this for a while until another build that's much better comes out. i am just tired of flashing. lol. i like this one!

Looking at it now, I didn't touch any dialer/phone files and non of the "extra" REG modification shouldn't be giving you any trouble. What's the V number you are using? I believe this to be a M$ issue (I blame everything on M$ :) ) but if I can't give you a solution than I can direct you to another great clean ROM

Guest popsinger
Looking at it now, I didn't touch any dialer/phone files and non of the "extra" REG modification shouldn't be giving you any trouble. What's the V number you are using? I believe this to be a M$ issue (I blame everything on M$ :) ) but if I can't give you a solution than I can direct you to another great clean ROM

what v are you talking about? if you're talking about phone ex version, it's the current one v1.4.5 and like i said, i've flashed BW Night 1.4, BW Blue WM7, Bgills Flotanium and Bliss, Waremike's, Pepkilz, and it always worked the way it's supposed to until this rom. i really prefer to get the phone ex dialer when i press the hardware call button since the phone ex dialer is really large. almost fill the entire screen so very little chance of missing the numbers. like i said, i really like this rom but i just can't get over this problem. thank you for your time...

btw, i've also tried uninstall and reinstall phone ex but still no luck. also tried some registry value changes on some items that i thought might affect it but no luck there either so i just put them back the way they were.

Edited by popsinger

Guest eclsnowman
what v are you talking about? if you're talking about phone ex version, it's the current one v1.4.5 and like i said, i've flashed BW Night 1.4, BW Blue WM7, Bgills Flotanium and Bliss, Waremike's, Pepkilz, and it always worked the way it's supposed to until this rom. i really prefer to get the phone ex dialer when i press the hardware call button since the phone ex dialer is really large. almost fill the entire screen so very little chance of missing the numbers. like i said, i really like this rom but i just can't get over this problem. thank you for your time...

btw, i've also tried uninstall and reinstall phone ex but still no luck. also tried some registry value changes on some items that i thought might affect it but no luck there either so i just put them back the way they were.

Don't mean to offend but the green button is slang for the main hardware call button (left side main hardware key). install supwares green button software edit it to load phone-EX keypad... and there you go. I used to use it all the time for idialer.

Guest popsinger
Don't mean to offend but the green button is slang for the main hardware call button (left side main hardware key). install supwares green button software edit it to load phone-EX keypad... and there you go. I used to use it all the time for idialer.

i don't mean to offend either and i appreciate your input but i've to come to realize that this problem is on this build (23049). i've tried another 23049 rom and it does the same thing but yet this was never an issue prior to this build. phone ex always takes over that button once installed. i guess i'll have to try your suggestion if i want to stay with this rom. thank you.

Guest eclsnowman
i don't mean to offend either and i appreciate your input but i've to come to realize that this problem is on this build (23049). i've tried another 23049 rom and it does the same thing but yet this was never an issue prior to this build. phone ex always takes over that button once installed. i guess i'll have to try your suggestion if i want to stay with this rom. thank you.

I know what you mean about 23049, I went back to Mrcapcoms 23047 v7.1 for phone-ex compatibility... but I had to replace his 1% battery driver with the stock one. those 1% drivers are junk, they are all over the map for readings.

Guest popsinger
I know what you mean about 23049, I went back to Mrcapcoms 23047 v7.1 for phone-ex compatibility... but I had to replace his 1% battery driver with the stock one. those 1% drivers are junk, they are all over the map for readings.

i really appreciate your input. i wish i had the time to "cook". have developed a lot of application in windows through the years and still am but yet this windows mobile stuff makes me feel so "elementary". still trying to understand my way through and hopefully find the time and learn to cook my own one of these days.

In the first post there is a link to 23047 base. You see? I told you it was M$ :)

Guest eclsnowman
Updated to 23052- New taskbar

Damn you are fast. You always seem to be first on the scene with the new builds. I wanted to say as one of the guys that watches Omniarom I was sorry to see the exchange that went on there. I know the cooks got stressed with the new kitchen (especially for a veteran chef like Bgill), but calling you a liar was uncalled for. Asking you how you cooked it would have been a better avenue of discourse. That being said have you guys communicated at all since then? I hate to see rifts in a good community like this (what can I saw, it's my middle child syndrome wanting me to resolve problems).

Anyway I will say on behalf of the community... well done. I will have to try it tonight when I am off work.

Damn you are fast. You always seem to be first on the scene with the new builds. I wanted to say as one of the guys that watches Omniarom I was sorry to see the exchange that went on there. I know the cooks got stressed with the new kitchen (especially for a veteran chef like Bgill), but calling you a liar was uncalled for. Asking you how you cooked it would have been a better avenue of discourse. That being said have you guys communicated at all since then? I hate to see rifts in a good community like this (what can I saw, it's my middle child syndrome wanting me to resolve problems).

Anyway I will say on behalf of the community... well done. I will have to try it tonight when I am off work.

Thanks but not so well done :)

UNTIL I CAN RESOLVE THE PHONE SETTINGS MISSING DRIVER ISSUE I WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYONE WHO IS USING GPS NOT TO DOWNLOAD YET UNTIL I FIX IT

OmniaRom? LOL I tried hard to explain it to them on how I build it but they just kept on going. Well It's OmniaRom's loss, not mine. even if you want to accuse someone of telling a lie than just PM him don't scream it over the board-screaming lier over the board but apologizing in PM's? Ain't gonna fly- While I was there I think I was helpful...

Guest bike1dad2

UNTIL I CAN RESOLVE THE PHONE SETTINGS MISSING DRIVER ISSUE I WOULD SUGGEST TO ANYONE WHO IS USING GPS NOT TO DOWNLOAD YET UNTIL I FIX IT

Fascinating, I thought that the GPS was not a part of the ROMs as we are just flashing the PDA portion. Atleast that is what we have been told. Lioryte I don't doubt you one bit, just the misinformation from previous posts.

Guest eclsnowman

OmniaRom? LOL I tried hard to explain it to them on how I build it but they just kept on going. Well It's OmniaRom's loss, not mine. even if you want to accuse someone of telling a lie than just PM him don't scream it over the board-screaming lier over the board but apologizing in PM's? Ain't gonna fly- While I was there I think I was helpful...

You were and are helpful. I will hold off on the rom until you get things figured out. I hope that with time you and the boys will reconcile, but for now it looks like holding my breath would be ill advised.

Fascinating, I thought that the GPS was not a part of the ROMs as we are just flashing the PDA portion. Atleast that is what we have been told. Lioryte I don't doubt you one bit, just the misinformation from previous posts.

You are correct. However you need to be able to enable it, this is done through my phone settings moving it from 911 only to all. That entire driver is missing and there are 2 options at 50/50- either me or M$ took it out. On my part I'm doing the best I can to see if I misplaced it. I called the calvary and they are looking into this as well. I'm sure you can enable it through registry but until I see HOW GPS is on 911 only mode (I think).

Other than that it seems pretty stable to me from the 1 hour I'm playing with it so feel free to download if you want :)

Guest bhuether

Hi liryte,

Your ROM is working quite nice on my i910. Just one problem - when I go into phone-options-services-gps-change settings and select location on, it will not let me close out of that window no matter how many times I hit ok. Does same thing after soft reboot. Perhaps someone else can test? The only apps I have installed are wmwifirouter and google maps. Not sure if one of those affected something.

Disregard - I see your post above!

thanks,

brian

Edited by bhuether

Yes It was uncalled For Yes I have since apologized! Case Closed Drop It! For Your GPS issue Remove the redirect in the RGU from the phone part in your Shell Folder in SYS

Guest mcgratey

I had the same issues with the 23049 build and phone ex not taking the call button. Was driving me nuts too. I spent hours trying to get that to work. Tried other 23049 roms, the only one that I found works with phone ex was bgill's rom. I wish there was a base build I could use. I had to change from lioryte to bgill's rom just because of that issue. If Lioryte can figure this out, I'll use that one.

Yes It was uncalled For Yes I have since apologized! Case Closed Drop It! For Your GPS issue Remove the redirect in the RGU from the phone part in your Shell Folder in SYS

I tried doing that in reg. It looks like the driver is missing