13/10 1.2 - the MoDaCo Custom ROM is here (rooted with custom Kernel with swap/netfilter + more!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest carthesis

Hmm. I finally got the update applied - and the baseband version is still displaying as H6 (which is what the phone came with) rather than H8.

Gonna try a factory reset, as my phone has also annoyingly started to load a random selection of apps on boot.

Also, I couldn't get ADB working come hell or high-water for pushing the recovery ROM to the phone, so I just copied it across to the SDCard via Windows. That works too :)

EDIT 1:

Nah, the factory reset didn't do beans, except for not only resetting the phone but losing all the in-built settings. Makes me wonder if O2 even bothered developing a CSC for the phone or whether they just pushed the settings out when you boot it and that's that.

For reference, if anyone needs them, the O2UK settings can be found here: Post on O2UK forums with data settings

Edited by carthesis

Interesting!

Didn't think you could do BFS / Compcache on 2.6.27!

P

Compcache seems to work really well. Compcache managing SD swap has similar problems to straight SD swap, after a while it fills up and everything lags severely. I'm just running compcache now and its pretty fast.

The keyboard on that ROM is amazingly fast. Not sure what they're using exactly.

# free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:		95948		86076		 9872			0		  468

Swap:	   212028		17432	   194596

Total:	   307976	   103508	   204468

# cat /proc/swaps

Filename								Type			Size	Used	Priority

/dev/block/ramzswap0					partition	   212028  17432   100

# cat /proc/ramzswap

DiskSize:		 212039 kB

MemLimit:		  40960 kB

NumReads:		   3137

NumWrites:		  9305

FailedReads:		   0

FailedWrites:		  0

InvalidIO:			 0

PagesDiscard:		  0

ZeroPages:		   162

GoodCompress:		100 %

NoCompress:			0 %

PagesStored:		6946

PagesUsed:		  1906

OrigDataSize:	  27784 kB

ComprDataSize:	  7540 kB

MemUsedTotal:	   7624 kB

BDevNumReads:		828

BDevNumWrites:	  2083

Edited by kam187

Guest keyra74
Uploaded a new version based on II5 - please note this will be my last custom ROM, as I am sadly parting company with my i7500!

P

that's sad

installing 1.2 on my bf's right now

no wipe required

devicet.png

thx again

Edited by keyra74

Guest msiviter

All works well apart from data, I did a hard reset but it doesn't start a connection to data when needed. Wifi works fine for data though, any ideas?

Matt

Guest carthesis
All works well apart from data, I did a hard reset but it doesn't start a connection to data when needed. Wifi works fine for data though, any ideas?

Matt

Have you set-up the APN? I found that a hard reset wiped the APN so I had to define it manually.

O2 APN settings

Guest testm1n
Have you set-up the APN? I found that a hard reset wiped the APN so I had to define it manually.

O2 APN settings

I do confirm that the APN is lost :) but once fixed this look like it is working.

Paul, could you add this as a warning : Do backup your APN settings before starting :(

(APN loss is not a big thing as long as you remember them ... or get ready to burning bills to pay if you put the wrong one)

By the way, I do prefer the "su" to block and ask the user a request or add in the whitelist ("SuperUser Permission" application) ... I find this more secure that granting su to anybody as this ROM is doing on my phone.

Sad that you are leaving the Galaxy, thank you for your work on this mobile phone.

Rgs,

TM

Guest Trass3r

Damn, after updating to v1.2 there's not enough space in /system anymore to push the libpdfreader.so to /system/lib

Does anyone know how to increase the size of the /system partition or how to free 2.4 MB?

Guest msiviter

O2 APN settings

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.

GPRS WAP

Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

Press the Menu key

Tap Settings

Tap Wireless controls

Tap Mobile networks

Tap Access Point Names

Press the Menu key

Tap New APN

Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay monthly then tap OK

Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

Highlight APN type and tap

Tap APN type then tap internet (so a green dot appears next to it)

Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.

We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be actioned.

O2 MMS APN settings

Thank you for your recent handset enquiry regarding handset settings. Please find your settings details below.

MMS

Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.

Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.

When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.

Press the Menu key

Tap Settings

Tap Wireless controls

Tap Mobile networks

Tap Access Point Names

Press the Menu key

Tap New APN

Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly MMS then tap OK

Tap APN then tap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK

Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK

Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK

Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK

Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK

Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK

Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK

Tap APN type then tap mms (so a green dot appears next to it)

Press the Back key five times to return to the standby screen.

We hope this has answered your question. Please note that replies to this email will not be actioned.

Matt

• 5 months later...
Guest damyan5

Thanks for the ROM, Paul! It's working great on my Samsung Galaxy i7500. I have an appeal, though - can you upload somewhere the sources of the stock kernel, so I can compile myself (among other things) tun.ko module? That would be great!

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Greets,

Damyan

• 2 months later...