iPhone 3G coming to Orange UK!

Guest tsutton

thumb_28-Sep-2009_iphone-orange.jpg
iPhone 3G coming to Orange UK!

First, the Orange and T-Mobile in a 50:50 merger a few weeks ago.

Now Orange has announced that iPhone 3G will be available to Orange customers, which means Apple has ended the exclusive arrangement between UK network operator O2 and Apple.

Orange UK and Apple have reached an agreement to bring iPhone 3G and 3GS to Orange UK customers later this year. Orange globally now offers iPhone in 28 countries and territories.

Orange, which has the largest 3G network covering more people in the UK than any other operator, will sell iPhone in all Orange direct channels including Orange shops, the Orange webshop and Orange telesales channels, as well as selected high street partners. A pre-registration site for customers to log their interest has already been launched at www.orange.co.uk/iPhone.

More information on pricing, tariffs and availability dates will be released in due course.

So what can it mean for Orange? Will it attract more cutomers? Will we see more network outage like O2? And will we see a special deals only for iPhone users like O2?

[Via: Orange Newsroom]

Guest awarner (MVP)

Wonder if this will start an iphone war or is the beast that is Apple going to dictat the cost?

It will be interesting to see especially as in a recent poll the iphone is the number one must have item for Brits.

I think it will be a bit of both. As far as I can see, the deal is similar to O2, i.e. Apple wanting some percent of the sales that Orange made, so it would be interesting to see what Orange comes up with tariff deals to pull customers away from O2.

Time will tell...

I think it will be a bit of both. As far as I can see, the deal is similar to O2, i.e. Apple wanting some percent of the sales that Orange made, so it would be interesting to see what Orange comes up with tariff deals to pull customers away from O2.

Time will tell...

Also be interesting to see what data plans Orange come up with. So far they have been in a distant last place with regards to data packages. Will there be an iPhone data bundle, im pretty sure there will. But how much will it be? 250mb??? That would be laughable!

It can only be a good thing having orange selling the iPhone. O2 will have to perform well to keep there existing customers. Now people can just say, see ya later, off to Orange! Or vodafone according to this story! Vodafone to sell the iPhone in UK That's going to be very interesting!

Eyes a peeled for this one! :)

Edited by Tomchap

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.