Microsoft MyPhone gets new features

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
thumb_06-Oct-2009_MSMyphone1.jpg

After being down for a major service upgrade, Microsoft's MyPhone is now back, and better than ever before!

I've had that syncing feeling for a few days :) , so woke up this morning eager to see if it works...well, after a "mandatory" update to the software, it is all up and running smoothly.

The some new features are :

• Find your missing phone - The My Phone service can show you the last known location of your phone on a map (based on where it last synced or shared photos using My Phone). User activation required.
  • Share photos to leading social networking sites - Now you can quickly and easily post photos to Facebook, Flickr, MySpace and Windows Live from your My Phone web account or phone.
  • Lock your lost phone - If your phone is lost or stolen, My Phone can help protect your information by remotely locking your phone or erasing its contents. This feature is not available in all markets and a fee may apply.
  • Save space on your phone - When you delete content from your phone, you can still access this content from your web account (until deleted from your archive folder).

Microsoft have chosen to go down the Free/Premium model, so you have a choice of which options you really want to pay for. The Premium charge is a one off $4.99 which is around £3.00, so seems quite reasonable, and there is a trial feature to make sure it all works before parting with your money!

I like the "ring my phone" option in which Your phone will ring loudly for 60 seconds, even if it is set to “silent” or “vibrate” mode :D , and want to try out the social networking part soon too.

The only bit I need to work out, it how to have this running at the same time as syncing with Google, or will it be a case of switching depending on which Exchange service I need?

Anyway, enough of my rambling, if you all ready use the service, just do a sync and it will automatically update for you.

For those not using it yet, check out Microsoft MyPhone for more info.

Let us know what you think of the new features. :P

Guest finisterre

My Windows Live id is [email protected]

I can't see how to enter this address on the phone when starting the app. It let's you choose hotmail.com, live.com or msn.com - no good. It does have 'other' in the dropdown but it doesn't seem you can then enter your actual id if you choose this.

Any ideas?

Edit: Doh! Scrap that. You just overtype 'other'.

Edited by finisterre

Guest paulvallen

Previously, I'd been put off MyPhone because it was said that you couldn't use it if you were already syncing your email (or other items) via Exchange Server. Well, guess what? They can co-exist on the same phone. I get my company e-mail through Exchange Server and sync my address book, calendar and SMS messages with MyPhone - Sweet...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.