Flashlight

Guest Badulay

Hi everyone,

I used my asus p 535 for two years and bought omnia II a while ago and I used samsung u600 for a while both of them can use their flash like a flashlight on asus you can press and hold the task switcher key flash turns on till you close. on u 600 press and hold the upper volume control button it starts working

I wonder to know if omnia two has code or app for using its flash like a flashlite thanks for everyone.

There are some solutions but not proper for omnia II

Edited by Badulay

Guest MaliciousKen
Hi everyone,

I used my asus p 535 for two years and bought omnia II a while ago and I used samsung u600 for a while both of them can use their flash like a flashlight on asus you can press and hold the task switcher key flash turns on till you close. on u 600 press and hold the upper volume control button it starts working

I wonder to know if omnia two has code or app for using its flash like a flashlite thanks for everyone.

There are some solutions but not proper for omnia II

Extract the attached folder to my storage or storage card.

Move the shortcut in the folder to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

go to start-settings-personal settings-buttons

map one of the button to flash light

Flash_Light.zip

Extract the attached folder to my storage or storage card.

Move the shortcut in the folder to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

go to start-settings-personal settings-buttons

map one of the button to flash light

Guest Ed Wong

For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

If you intend to put in My Storage, you need to change the text in shortcut to:

55#"\My Storage\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

and obviously for Storage Card:

55#"\Storage Card\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Guest MaliciousKen
For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

If you intend to put in My Storage, you need to change the text in shortcut to:

55#"\My Storage\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

and obviously for Storage Card:

55#"\Storage Card\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Thanks for adding these info. Totally forgotten the part abt the path

Guest MaliciousKen
Thanks a lot, already looking for it long while.

No problem. Too bad I can't remember where I downloaded this app, can't give credit to the app creator.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I wanted to have a Flash light to work the same way as in Omnia I900 I have decided to write a little application that does it. It can be installed to any location you choose.

- You can assign it to any available button (through WM settings).

- When you press the button (or click on the shortcut) the flash will switch on. 

- After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off. 

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. If someone wants to try it, feel free.

Torch.Arm.CAB

Guest spaanplaat
Since I wanted to have a Flash light to work the same way as in Omnia I900 I have decided to write a little application that does it. It can be installed to any location you choose.

- When you press the button (or click on the shortcut) the flash will switch on. 

- After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off. 

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. If someone wants to try it, feel free.

Doesn't work on B7610.

Guest bobobird

Works fine. Thanks.

Guest simpagirl

My thanx and best compliments it works great on omnia 2 and also the timer...

I have changed it in 15 seconds putting 15000 in the registry key..

It doesn't works on omnia pro b7610, it a pity..

Also flashlite doesn't work on b7610... it install but when start no light (wm 6.1 rom)

Edited by simpagirl

My thanx and best compliments it works great on omnia 2 and also the timer...

I have changed it in 15 seconds putting 15000 in the registry key..

It doesn't works on omnia pro b7610, it a pity..

Also flashlite doesn't work on b7610... it install but when start no light (wm 6.1 rom)

Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

Guest da_mafkeez
Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

when will the samsung sdk v2 will be available for the B7610?

• 1 month later...
Guest bcwatson

Unfortunately, doesnt work for the CDMA version (Verizon in US). The app runs and it has a left soft key to activate the light, but every time I try, no light... Didn't even try the shortcut, just ran the .exe...

Guest chriswells13
Unfortunately, doesnt work for the CDMA version (Verizon in US). The app runs and it has a left soft key to activate the light, but every time I try, no light... Didn't even try the shortcut, just ran the .exe...

Yeah, didn't work on my Verizon O2 either.