MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[WM6.5 Omnia 2] Customising the WM6.5 lockscreen and other default screens

354 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Settings for the Lockscreen is found in LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR in "\Windows"

The WM6.5 Lockscreen uses the same coding as the CHome/Titanium Plugin, i.e. XML.

There is already some discussions/customisation in the Omnia i900 forum here.

I have also found an tool CHome Visual Editor that provide a visual editing of the CPR settings. You can find the app here. Unfortunately I have no success in using the CHome Visual Editor. The Lock Screen appears funny with images/components missing. Ended up using Notepad on the computer to properly customise LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR to my liking.

Updated 21 Oct 2009

Finally managed to tweak to the Lock Screen to my personal usage. Screenshot is as below.

I attached my LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR for those interested. Please feel free to use and customised accordingly. (PS: Please remember to backup your original LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR before making any changes.)

Please use Resco File Explorer or Total Commander to overwrite the original CPR with the amended one in "\Windows" folder. You will then need to soft-reset to effect the changes.

The layout I configured gives a more natural way of

1) looking at the time or appointment- it is silly to put it at the bottom as our hand and thumb will naturally cover it.

2) sliding to unlock- i wanted it to the slider to at the upper middle portion of the screen, when my thumb naturally will be.

I leave the bottom half empty, hoping someone will implement:

1. S2P or Touch Player control or

2. Photo Album

:)

post-254542-1256040496_thumb.jpg

LS_LockScene_480x800.zip

Edited by emperorben

Posted · Report post

I managed to customise the Lockscreen to my liking. Please find screenshot as attached.

The only issue is that I do not know how to hide the appointment line if no appointment is shown.

Can anyone advice/help? I attached my LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR for your reference as well.

Thanks!

post-254542-1256022155_thumb.png

LS_LockScene_480x800.zip

Posted · Report post

PS: Please remember to backup your original LS_LockScene_480x800.CPR before making any changes.

Yea..good suggestion.. :)

Anyway... I think this is a good idea, probably I'll try to play with this on the weekend

i think i konw

is it like this ?

post-598579-1256033963_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimmyhi

Posted · Report post

i think i konw

is it like this ?

Yes! Will appointment display still show up if there's appointment for the day?

Posted · Report post

Yes! Will appointment display still show up if there's appointment for the day?

yes ! u can try

post-598579-1256027930_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

yes ! u can try

i don't konw how to describe because english not well

rename like attachments

post-598579-1256028524_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Thanks Jimmy, managed to solve the issue.

Uploaded my settings and screenshot in first post!

Posted · Report post

i think i konw

is it like this ?

ur lock screen looks good. can you share your cpr file. thanks

I have a question.. to change the lockscreen, I just have to delete the original .cpr file and replace it with the one I want in the windows folder ? can I just use the file manager instead of resco explorer ?

Thanks

Edited by xanden

Posted · Report post

I have a question.. to change the lockscreen, I just have to delete the original .cpr file and replace it with the one I want in the windows folder ? can I just use the file manager instead of resco explorer ?

Thanks

You should use resco explorer (or Total Commander). You can simply overwrite the original CPR file in "\Windows" and soft-reset the phone for effect the changes.

thank you very nice

Edited by kopromax

Posted · Report post

Anyone able to customize the clock on the lock screen yet?

Posted · Report post

Anyone able to customize the clock on the lock screen yet?

Well, sorg seems to be the only one with it at the moment.

Posted · Report post

i think i konw

is it like this ?

How you can change the lock screen background?

Thanks

Posted · Report post

I want to contribute to the customization process of WM6.5! For users that didn't need S2U2 and desire a bigger caller photo I've changed the caller screen during lock screen. Now the caller image is 300x300 pixels (I recomend to use S2V to add decent size photos to contacts), the contact infos are below the image and I put a background (but I'm not totally satisfied, I will change it in future release when I learn how to create good png with Photoshop) under the caller image.

post-430992-1256854062_thumb.png

To use it overwrite the LS_PhoneAlertScene_480x800.cpr inside \Windows folder and copy the LS_CallerBG.png on the same folder.

Ciao!

Giovanni

JoJoV1.zip

Hi JoJo.IT, if we use S2V to assign photos to contacts, will the photos get degraded when we sync with outlook? Cos I had the same problem when I assign photos using Resco contact manager. This is due to the file size limit of 32KB MS imposed on the outlook and WM6

Edited by emperorben

Posted · Report post

Thanks

Check out this tool here.

Posted · Report post

Hi JoJo.IT, if we use S2V to assign photos to contacts, will the photos get degraded when we sync with outlook? Cos I had the same problem when I assign photos using Resco contact manager. This is due to the file size limit of 32KB MS imposed on the outlook and WM6

Absolutly not, the photo is transferred inside Outlook at full resolution. The degradation occurs only if u add a photo with Outlook (on pc or mobile). I hope with Outlook 2010 this limitation will be removed but for a full support we have to wait WM7...

Ciao

Giovanni

Posted · Report post

anyone know how to display more than 1 line of appointment?

Posted · Report post

I have been searching and searching for the answer to this question. I could not find a simple answer, but I discovered that it is simple to do. All you have to do is replace lockeye.png and lockeyeL.png with you own images. Make sure your images are 240x400 and 400x240 and that they are png images. Then just rename them to lockeye as above and use Total CommanderCE (it's free) to copy them over the same files in the /windows directory on your Omnia. It's that easy! Oh...you might want to save the original lockeye files in My Storage in case you want to go back to the original black lockscreen.

--arniep

Thanks

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I have been trying to overwrite cpr files in windows directory both with resco and samsung file explorer and I couldn't do it. It said they were protected or in ROM. Finally I had to use total commander to overwrite with phone disabled (in flight mode) and after having overwritten the file, soft reset and the changes were applied.

It is nice to have a bigger picture for people calling. Thank you very much to all for your ideas and work.

I was made my own lockscreen. ;) I was changed the slider, and the missed-calls-lockscreen slider too.

I was uploaded some pictures and the images and cpr too. The CHome Visual Editor is a great program. ;)

post-624700-1261168268_thumb.png

post-624700-1261168287_thumb.png

post-624700-1261168305_thumb.png

post-624700-1261168319_thumb.png

post-624700-1261168330_thumb.png

LS_LockScene_480x800.zip

Edited by Rapid81

Posted · Report post

Is there a way to increase the brightness at the lock screen? I cant see anything in daylight.