secany's B7610 WM6.5 ROMs

Guest secany

Guest Martinspire

Ive got that same message and i clicked ok. But that doesnt do anything. Also i cant find where to edit those settings anyways.

I did the flash again and same result.

Guest dherrero
Ive got another problem with the rom.

After flashing i cant seem to connect to my network anymore.

I can see the networks appearing, but i cannot connect. Dont know how to change that so if anybody can help?

The utility that setup the connections when you insert a new sim card didnt work correctly for me in WM6.1 and WM6.5. It broke some registry keys and even I couldnt create the connections by hand. I had to hard reset, press "No" to create automatically the connections and do it manually.....

The utility that setup the connections when you insert a new sim card didnt work correctly for me in WM6.1 and WM6.5. It broke some registry keys and even I couldnt create the connections by hand. I had to hard reset, press "No" to create automatically the connections and do it manually.....

Sucessfully flashed. You don't need to reboot, I had the same problem and solved it by selecting the "connections" setting in the original windows configuration menu, you cant add any network at first but if you enter the "advanced" section and change the connection type to "My internet" the operator settings reapear and are editable.

Thanks secany for the ROM and dherrero for being so brave!

Hello.

There is a Polish language roms?

Polish is available.

About the camera, I don't see any problem with it, photos are fine, well at least as they were with the WM6.1 ROM. Photos in the screen look the same as before and once downloaded to a computer also. Video recording in 720x480 is unlocked and works with no trouble.

Swedish is available too.

Edited by bclope

Polish is available.

About the camera, I don't see any problem with it, photos are fine, well at least as they were with the WM6.1 ROM. Photos in the screen look the same as before and once downloaded to a computer also. Video recording in 720x480 is unlocked and works with no trouble.

Swedish is available too.

Thank you for the reply, you maked my day!! :D

After flashing I've noticed one problem. My device original language (when it had wm6.1) was portugese and I could set it up to spanish with no problems. Now, I can set it to spanish and all menus appear in spanish but the OS keeps telling the application installers that the phone's language is portugese. Then all applications that I try to install resort to the portugese localization. This happens even with the Samsung applications like touch player, touch calendar, etc. This must be something that can be corrected by changing some registry key that sets the default language. Does anybodie know which one is?

dherrero: did you have this problem? I see in you and me live in the same city, maybe we bought the phone in the same place...

I don't really get how to flash.

I use these guides:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-rom-procedure/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...q/#entry1092927

And i use the files that are listed in in the original post of this topic. But there are only 2 files for the B7610 in this topic:

-Eboot_B7610NXXIJ3_HW_70.eb0

-PDA_B7610NXXIJ3_HW_70.MST

But the first guide i listed, demands FOUR files, must i use the files of the i800? Because now, i'm clearly missing the MultiCSC and Phone files.

What i have tried:

Select (in Octancs Downloader) the eboot and the Movinand, press "Detect" and then connect the (turned off) phone. OCTANS Downloader doesn't do anything more than this:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&1034b6f7&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

I'm using Win7 with this guide as my help for Win7:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...windows-7-only/

Could anyone help me?

Guest Martinspire

You only need the 2 files from the archive to flash your phone.

And ive tried to flash it using windows 7 but it didnt work. I suggest you use XP or Vista to flash your phone. Dunno why it doesnt work, but i followed the guide to the letter.

Guest darkness inc
You only need the 2 files from the archive to flash your phone.

And ive tried to flash it using windows 7 but it didnt work. I suggest you use XP or Vista to flash your phone. Dunno why it doesnt work, but i followed the guide to the letter.

Hi

It does work with windows 7, just did it, need to downgrade the modem and usb driver file and change settings when phone is off as it stills shows up on device driver so you change it to 5.0 from 6.1 and winxp mode, worked fine on 32bit win 7

Ive got that same message and i clicked ok. But that doesnt do anything. Also i cant find where to edit those settings anyways.

I did the flash again and same result.

Strangely enough my internet stopped working after a while as well but the method described below fixed it for me.

Sucessfully flashed. You don't need to reboot, I had the same problem and solved it by selecting the "connections" setting in the original windows configuration menu, you cant add any network at first but if you enter the "advanced" section and change the connection type to "My internet" the operator settings reapear and are editable.

Thanks secany for the ROM and dherrero for being so brave!

I did find a really strange bug where sometimes (but not always) the samsung unlock screen will be below the windows one, weird.

Hi guys, i have still bug of colors. Anyone check it? First, with dark, camera seem like 16BIT of colors, and with images, i see very bad quality colors only in dark are of it and only wth particular color. For exaple very light colore image are good. I have tis bug also with videos and with touch player: the top and bottom blank area in fullscreen videos are not relly black, but darkgreen. Also quality of colour's video is not good as 6.1. May is only at me? I flashed first time with CSC of i8000 and now i not have B7610 file for flash. Can secany uplod it for testing if is caused by a different CSC? I relly see a degree of general quality image display. Thanks a lot! :D

Hi guys, i have still bug of colors. Anyone check it? First, with dark, camera seem like 16BIT of colors, and with images, i see very bad quality colors only in dark are of it and only wth particular color. For exaple very light colore image are good. I have tis bug also with videos and with touch player: the top and bottom blank area in fullscreen videos are not relly black, but darkgreen. Also quality of colour's video is not good as 6.1. May is only at me? I flashed first time with CSC of i8000 and now i not have B7610 file for flash. Can secany uplod it for testing if is caused by a different CSC? I relly see a degree of general quality image display. Thanks a lot! :D

You're right, picture quality in the preview window is absolutely atrocious, though the pictures come out fine if you look at them on PC. I also noticed the poor rendering of blacks in some places. IIRC on an amoled screen black pixels are supposed to be turned off, which is not the case here, though only in OS parts, blacks in images and videos display fine.

I confirm also that the picture quality and movie quality in the preview application from the camera is terrible. Specially with poor light conditions... looks like a 8 bit rendering.. lol

But if i watch the movies or photos in the proper application on the phone or on the pc they looks ok.

Guest dherrero
After flashing I've noticed one problem. My device original language (when it had wm6.1) was portugese and I could set it up to spanish with no problems. Now, I can set it to spanish and all menus appear in spanish but the OS keeps telling the application installers that the phone's language is portugese. Then all applications that I try to install resort to the portugese localization. This happens even with the Samsung applications like touch player, touch calendar, etc. This must be something that can be corrected by changing some registry key that sets the default language. Does anybodie know which one is?

dherrero: did you have this problem? I see in you and me live in the same city, maybe we bought the phone in the same place...

Hi.

Did you change the regional settings (settings/Advanced settings/system/regional settings) to Spanish traditional?

I confirm also that the picture quality and movie quality in the preview application from the camera is terrible. Specially with poor light conditions... looks like a 8 bit rendering.. lol

But if i watch the movies or photos in the proper application on the phone or on the pc they looks ok.

Thanks god, i'm not still going crazy :P

So, i think is a bug of rom, becouse with 6.1 amoled blacklight is ok. I know that photo took with camera in PC are ok, but is pretty embarrassing to show videos or photos to friends or watching movies or looking images. Hoping secany have new 6.5 build soon :D

Another question: i really not like 6.5 locj screen and i found executable of samsung blockscreen. Possibe to replace with this on 6.5? May with registry editor? Thanks =)

PS. I still need CSC of B7610 vodafone: my phone still think to be Omnia 2 ;)

Edited by Danji

Guest dherrero
Also, isn't the WM 6.5 bottom bar supposed to look like this? Not that I mind the classic look, it's just weird.

SS2.jpg

Our WM build is a little old (21863). What you talk about comes with 23xxx. I guess Secany will update its rom to a newer Windows Mobile build....

Also, isn't the WM 6.5 bottom bar supposed to look like this? Not that I mind the classic look, it's just weird.

SS2.jpg

No. WM 6.5.1 is supposed to look like this :P

However there are WM 6.5 builds which do have this bottom styled bar (also notice the difference in top task bar (much thinner)) but these are the features in development builds and if they are bug-free or not stupid only then they are propagated to newer final builds of WM.

But browsing the XDA-devs, looks like the developement builds are really popular and users do not look afraid while using them :D