secany's B7610 WM6.5 ROMs

Guest secany

Does everybody experience the "bad colour" thing? :/

Yes, i wrote before too. We are waiting for new bugfix rom from secany. Hoping also with new CSC, maybe no-brand :D

the picture is from a non official 6.5.1...

Danji, i also found the samsung lockscreen exe. it is in the windows folder

Regarding 6.5 lock screen.. well is nice but if someone could add the media player capability.. that would be perfect for me.

One thing that i miss is the that screen when someone calls and we have some options like answer, send a quick sms and not answer.

I'm having some problems changing theme...

some times changes, some times don't

some times wants for restart, some times doesn't.

Some times changes the wallpaper for the theme and lock screen.

some times changes the wallpaper and the lock screen changes to all blue...

and some times doesn't change nothing...lol

and some times i have to do a soft reset for the dammed thing to work... lol

Edited by raikon

the picture is from a non official 6.5.1...

Danji, i also found the samsung lockscreen exe. it is in the windows folder

Regarding 6.5 lock screen.. well is nice but if someone could add the media player capability.. that would be perfect for me.

One thing that i miss is the that screen when someone calls and we have some options like answer, send a quick sms and not answer.

I'm having some problems changing theme...

some times changes, some times don't

some times wants for restart, some times doesn't.

Some times changes the wallpaper for the theme and lock screen.

some times changes the wallpaper and the lock screen changes to all blue...

and some times doesn't change nothing...lol

and some times i have to do a soft reset for the dammed thing to work... lol

Yes, me too. But i think are all bugs of preliminary ROM.

I think also there is a way to disable WM6.5 lock and enable samsung lockscreen. I've tried to find it in the registry, but without success. Maybe someone can help us?

About wallpapers: you right, sometimes need to softreset device for change background (today, start menu and lockscreen). Probably bug of rom.

About lockscreen: sometimes, after long standby, samsung blockscreen come under the standard WM. Is pity to unlock device 2 times.

I think we must wait new build from secany :D

Guest Martinspire

Ive also run into a problem with the themes. I cannot seem to change to something that doesnt invert the color and background of some applications.

U know, when text apears white and background is white. It seems that the theme is putting text to white and uses black backgrounds for everything.

But i cannot seem to be able to change that and therefor i cannot see error messages properly (like when you need compact .net 3.5).

Also, the official version isnt out yet so we cant test it.

Guest JeroenFransen
Ive also run into a problem with the themes. I cannot seem to change to something that doesnt invert the color and background of some applications.

U know, when text apears white and background is white. It seems that the theme is putting text to white and uses black backgrounds for everything.

But i cannot seem to be able to change that and therefor i cannot see error messages properly (like when you need compact .net 3.5).

Did you test TomTom on Secany's WM 6.5 yet? Does it connect better to the GPS (without intermediate software)?

Guest spaanplaat
Did you test TomTom on Secany's WM 6.5 yet? Does it connect better to the GPS (without intermediate software)?

That's up for tomtom to change not WM.

Guest dagrim1

Still enjoying this rom but have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to disable the TouchWiz UI? I know with the original rom there was the possibility in the Settings but I can't find it in this one? I can disable the Samsung WidgetPlus thing on the today screen but not the touchwiz UI surrounding windows.

2. Related to the first point, is there a way to get into the 'native' windows settings menu? I can now only get in the samsung touchwiz settings menu but that doesn't cover everything (remove installed programs for example?). Any ideas?

Cheers!

Guest vonalim

OT: Don't forget it's important to maximize number of black pixels on a OLED display. It saves battery and the display lasts longer. That's why Samsung use black theme with black backgrounds everywhere...

that would be ok if the text color is not black ... (like in errors when an app doesn't work)

You can fix that easily and yet have a power saving background. You can install any of the *.tsk files out there that have black background and the right font color scheme, for instance I've tried the HTC Diamond. Symply copy the file in the Windows folder and select that background in the settings.

You can fix that easily and yet have a power saving background. You can install any of the *.tsk files out there that have black background and the right font color scheme, for instance I've tried the HTC Diamond. Symply copy the file in the Windows folder and select that background in the settings.

Very good. Can you link to us working tsk theme?

Thank you :D

I am just upgraded to this ROM and this is working very well. I am using the samsung keyboard with XT9 dictionary and noticed a problem on this rom.

On the original ROM when writing a mail/sms, the XT9 dictionary was deactivated automatically when the cursor was on the TO: or CC: field, on this new ROM the XT9 is not deactivated automatically... which is a bit of a pain.

Does anybody know if this is configured? Can the XT9 dictionary be automatically activated/deactivated on certain fields/applications?

Guest JeroenFransen
Pretty tired from halloween party, so no more chit chat here :)

WM6.5 version. I don't have B7610, I don't have I8000, so please don't ask me too much specific. Thanks.

Hi Secany

I just saw you uploaded a new set for the I8000. Do you have a new ROM for the B7610 you would like to share with us?

Thanks in advance

Guest RethXoth

Okay I'm having a problem flashing my phone.

I installed the Windows XP X64 drivers to my Samsung MITs, now OCTANS detects it as Windows XP (I also ran it in Windows XP SP 3 compatiblity mode) but it gets stuck on the following message:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

That is all I get! How is this possible? Phone is running in ActiveSync mode.

Guest RethXoth
Hi RethXoth,

You must put your Phone OFF. Now Octans detect your Phone and you can flash your Phone with the new ROM :)

Didn't work, not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Guest Martinspire

Anybody else got problems with the widgets?

When trying to add more widgets to the list i dont seem to be able to read them all properly and when i activate one, i seem to be losing all the widgets and cannot select any other.

Perhaps this has to do with the multiple languages that the rom contains?

what about the official wm6.5 upgrade? Wasn't it supposed to be made available mid-Nov?

I'll been waiting for that upgrade in 4 weeks now... I'm like you.. hoping they release it very soon! (: