secany's B7610 WM6.5 ROMs

Guest secany

Guest mgrandia
Hi Secany,

Can you please post mirrors...as Rapidshare is somehow allowing only Premium users to download.

Tks

You can buy at www.ebay.com Rapidshare-premium accounts for 24Hours, for $2...... I have downloaded this WM65 rom with this premium-account, and it works like a charm.....

Guest spyklee

Hi Secany,

I'm using the ROM on my B7610.

Found 2 issue:

1. Text/SMS inbox shows all messages instead of incoming only

2. Not able to pair with BT carkit

Cheers!

Hi Secany,

I'm using the ROM on my B7610.

Found 2 issue:

1. Text/SMS inbox shows all messages instead of incoming only

2. Not able to pair with BT carkit

Cheers!

1. the sms view is threaded. so you will see sent and received. else it wouldn't be threaded :)

2. some users have this problem. for me it works great. i think it's not the mobile but rather the car kit/bt headset.

regards

Guest spyklee
1. the sms view is threaded. so you will see sent and received. else it wouldn't be threaded :)

2. some users have this problem. for me it works great. i think it's not the mobile but rather the car kit/bt headset.

regards

I did some testing on #2 seems to be a Telco/ROM issue. ROM with different telco works fine :S

Hi,

Was wondering, I have an Azerty B7610, if I install this ROM, it will make it a QWERTY right ?

(I mean not physically :) )

Would it be possible to chance this in any way?

thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi,

Was wondering, I have an Azerty B7610, if I install this ROM, it will make it a QWERTY right ?

we dont know, nobody said what was in this rom ..

Guest peanutsfr
Hi,

Hi patje, I have an Azerty B7610 and the Secany's udpate doesn't change this setting.

My B7610 is still azerty after the upgrade.

Hello everybody,

just one question, is the anywhere a rom for B7610 without any branding or at least one with t-mobile?

thx in advance

btw. flashing wm6.5 went well thx, but i'm not realy excited of wm6.5 yet, 'm thinking about going back to 6.1

regards,

pavel

/sarcasm mode on

I'm sorry if I took a few seconds of your life by reading my post, if I could give em back, I would.

and thank you for providing usefull info, AFTER somebody answers a question.

Peanutsfr, thanks for answering my question and sorry for all the trouble I made you go trough.

/sarcasm mode off

again thanks Peanutsfr!

Edited by patje

Guest peanutsfr
again thanks Peanutsfr!

I usually help when I can. :D

Glad to see that I have answered your first request in more than 5 years of membership.

Edited by peanutsfr

In case there is also anybody is sick about the branding, follow this steps:

* Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

* With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

* Select 'Preconfiguration'

* Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

* Select 'Swiss Swisscom' (is not preconfigured except XTRA)

* Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

* Run update, and all should be well.

Now you have original XTRA-Menu for GPS. Now for getting better GPS-fix

take your prefered regeditor, search for supl.vodafone.com:7275 and replace

with supl.nokia.com:7275 also you may reduce the automatical actualisation period

standard it set to 7 days (168 hours) but not nessesery. My Garmin get now fix in

less than 1,5 min and needs only seconds to get first satelites. I compared the

satelites data I got using vodafone server and those from nokia - they were

absolutely different, different satelites, different order.

Guest informatico
In case there is also anybody is sick about the branding, follow this steps:

* Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

* With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

* Select 'Preconfiguration'

* Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

* Select 'Swiss Swisscom' (is not preconfigured except XTRA)

* Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

* Run update, and all should be well.

Now you have original XTRA-Menu for GPS. Now for getting better GPS-fix

take your prefered regeditor, search for supl.vodafone.com:7275 and replace

with supl.nokia.com:7275 also you may reduce the automatical actualisation period

standard it set to 7 days (168 hours) but not nessesery. My Garmin get now fix in

less than 1,5 min and needs only seconds to get first satelites. I compared the

satelites data I got using vodafone server and those from nokia - they were

absolutely different, different satelites, different order.

hello. I did this but it changes only the gps menu all the rest is the same

i have german branding vodafone and it sucks so much. :D i can't receive my emails in the phone i set up gmail account and it says impossible to connect check your connection settings.

Is there going to be some debranded firmware available ? and one more question do you know how to go back to wm 6.1 again ?

thax

i have german branding vodafone and it sucks so much. :D i can't receive my emails in the phone i set up gmail account and it says impossible to connect check your connection settings.

Is there going to be some debranded firmware available ? and one more question do you know how to go back to wm 6.1 again ?

thax

Are you kidding ? this has nothing to do with branding or gps, if you need to set up your operator config, check samsungmobile.com for free config sms

thax

If you followed all steps and did everything like described, then you'll have no prekonfiguration at all. I had also german vodafone, even after reflashing to wm6.5, then i did steps above and tried different preconfigurations, I took Swisscom because it doesn't have preconfigurations except XTRA-server. that's why you don't get connection. you have to configure everything yourself.

btw. it seems that XTRA and A-GPS are different things unlike the most people think. also samsung describes the settings in the manual for both, for a-gps and XTRA. a-gps establishes a gsm connection every time you start navigation, XTRA data seems to be valid for ~7 days. (???)

Hello,

I've tried to get the update, but on the 87% he stops with downloading and :

[FAIL] read error from file

What should i do?

My phone doenst go on anymore!

:D

PLEASE HELP ME!

Guest anshkhanna
After flashing I've noticed one problem. My device original language (when it had wm6.1) was portugese and I could set it up to spanish with no problems. Now, I can set it to spanish and all menus appear in spanish but the OS keeps telling the application installers that the phone's language is portugese. Then all applications that I try to install resort to the portugese localization. This happens even with the Samsung applications like touch player, touch calendar, etc. This must be something that can be corrected by changing some registry key that sets the default language. Does anybodie know which one is?

dherrero: did you have this problem? I see in you and me live in the same city, maybe we bought the phone in the same place...

Problem selecting language after I flash -

When the language selection screen shows up after I flash, I try to select the English language by pressing the action button (button between the call answer and hang up button) and also by touching the screen...but it keeps scrolling downwards and selects Portugese on its own...please help!!!

Guest XtremeNL

I tried the update 3 times, but each time I end up with a phone that only shows the samsung logo and does nothing...

Updated with my vista laptop.

Any clue what can cause this? And more importantly, anyone has a clue how to fix it?

Edited by XtremeNL

Guest informatico

Hello guys

I did something weird with my phone and now i dont know how to go back.

after updating to wm 6.5 correctly then i wrote a file from I800, the CSC file.

now when is horizontal the screen doesnt work as it should (it's laggy)and i think also the colors don't look so good i think.

Is there some way to go back or go back to original wm 6.1 ?

Thanks