TomTom and internal GPS on WM65

Guest megalon

Since my update to 6.5 the internal GPS of the Omnia II works directly with TomTom. So there is no need anymore for programms like GPSproxy or PortSplitter.

Since my update to 6.5 the internal GPS of the Omnia II works directly with TomTom. So there is no need anymore for programms like GPSproxy or PortSplitter.

Hmm...just yestarday I had this problem. I couldn't get TomTom to work without GPSProxy. Actually it's even more intresting...at first TT weren't working without GPSProxy, so I configured it to use GPSProxy's port. It worked. Then I had closed GPSProxy and re-configured TT to use the direct GPS port, it had worked this time also.

But if I soft-reset my phone it's the same story again.

Guest megalon
Hmm...just yestarday I had this problem. I couldn't get TomTom to work without GPSProxy. Actually it's even more intresting...at first TT weren't working without GPSProxy, so I configured it to use GPSProxy's port. It worked. Then I had closed GPSProxy and re-configured TT to use the direct GPS port, it had worked this time also.

But if I soft-reset my phone it's the same story again.

Just tried a soft-reset and my TT is still working. After my update to 6.5 I did not istall GPSproxy so I never used it in 6.5.

Just set GPS in TT to 'other NMEA', used the default port (7) and baud 4800. Still driving around with the pretty Dutch woman voice of Eva.

Guest TheBishop
Just tried a soft-reset and my TT is still working. After my update to 6.5 I did not istall GPSproxy so I never used it in 6.5.

Just set GPS in TT to 'other NMEA', used the default port (7) and baud 4800. Still driving around with the pretty Dutch woman voice of Eva.

What 6.5 ROM are you running? What version of TOMTOM are you running. I've only ever got this working with GPSGate or GPSproxy so I'd be interested to see what the difference is with your setup.

Guest megalon

Rom-version: PDA: I8000NXXIIB / CSC: I8000XENIIB (Dutch rom).

My TomTom-version is 7.916.9189. My GPS-settings in WM are the defaults (programm port: 7 and hardware port: 9). I do not use XTRA-server. In TomTom I use 'Andere NMEA GPS-ontvanger' (other NMEA-GPS-receiver), port 7 and baud 4800.

After the update to 6.5 I did not restore a backup so I have a clean version of 6.5, no traces of GPSproxy are left. There are no other programms running in the background when I navigate with TomTom.

Hopes this helps!

Guest AndyHamp
Rom-version: PDA: I8000NXXIIB / CSC: I8000XENIIB (Dutch rom).

My TomTom-version is 7.916.9189. My GPS-settings in WM are the defaults (programm port: 7 and hardware port: 9). I do not use XTRA-server. In TomTom I use 'Andere NMEA GPS-ontvanger' (other NMEA-GPS-receiver), port 7 and baud 4800.

After the update to 6.5 I did not restore a backup so I have a clean version of 6.5, no traces of GPSproxy are left. There are no other programms running in the background when I navigate with TomTom.

Hopes this helps!

where did that version come from ?

I have 7.915.9196 .... which is odd as i thought the last number was a build number ... which makes mine newer !

Andy

Guest megalon
where did that version come from ?

I have 7.915.9196 .... which is odd as i thought the last number was a build number ... which makes mine newer !

Andy

Don't know, just 'found' it; seems to come from the new HTC Pro 2 rom and it definitely says 7.916.

Guest AndyHamp
Don't know, just 'found' it; seems to come from the new HTC Pro 2 rom and it definitely says 7.916.

I've managed to "find" it now ... will give it a shot to see if it helps ... thanks ...

Guest megalon

So maybe it is just the version of TomTom that makes it independend from tools like GPSproxy.

Is there anybody out there who still has 6.1 on his Omnia II and able to install this new version of TomTom? If it is working than it has nothing to do with the upgrade to 6.5.

I have run this version of TomTom before on WM61 but I automaticly installed and used GPSproxy, never tried it without.

Guest firefly2k3

Hi All,

Are the map files same for PDA and PNA? I mean, does it depend on the resolution/screen size of the device?

I have the TomTom One PNA. Can I use the maps for that on my Omnia II?

Edited by firefly2k3

Hi All,

Are the map files same for PDA and PNA? I mean, does it depend on the resolution/screen size of the device?

I have the TomTom One PNA. Can I use the maps for that on my Omnia II?

Mine is 916.9189 on J9 ROM. No matter what I do TT sees satellites via GPSproxy only . :D

Guest TheBishop

Mines the same. Tried a clean install without anything else running and it won't find any satellites. I'm running Secany's J9 ROM. Same TOMTOM version (916) and I see nothing. It's not a 'special' Dutch ROM is it? We'll just have to wait until TOMTOM include i8000 compatability (they list the Omnia i900 so it should be coming our way soon).

Guest megalon
Mines the same. Tried a clean install without anything else running and it won't find any satellites. I'm running Secany's J9 ROM. Same TOMTOM version (916) and I see nothing. It's not a 'special' Dutch ROM is it? We'll just have to wait until TOMTOM include i8000 compatability (they list the Omnia i900 so it should be coming our way soon).

No, it is not a special ROM-version. It is the ROM-version I installed with the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio'.

I will try to make printscreens to prove it works.

No, it is not a special ROM-version. It is the ROM-version I installed with the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio'.

Have you been using it a long time? (more than 30 minutes), and does it work fine?

Guest megalon
Have you been using it a long time? (more than 30 minutes), and does it work fine?

No, only short trips till now. Tonight I will try it on a longer journey. You think it will stop after a while?

Guest TheBishop

Sorry... didn't mean anything you'd done. Just that TomTom's a Dutch company. It was just a jokey comment (obviously a crap jokey comment).

Guest megalon

As promised, some screen captures of a proxy-less TomTom

The first picture is a capture of my system-screen

The second is a capture of the GPS-status in TomTom (a little anonymised)

The third, a picture (couldn't make a capture of it) of all the programms I have installed. As you see, no GPSproxy, PortSplitter or whatever. Strangly enough, I also have 'Sygic Mobile Map 2009' but it does not show on this list.

post-592412-1257531731_thumb.jpg post-592412-1257531721_thumb.jpg post-592412-1257531708_thumb.jpg

Guest swiftgs
As promised, some screen captures of a proxy-less TomTom

The first picture is a capture of my system-screen

The second is a capture of the GPS-status in TomTom (a little anonymised)

The third, a picture (couldn't make a capture of it) of all the programms I have installed. As you see, no GPSproxy, PortSplitter or whatever. Strangly enough, I also have 'Sygic Mobile Map 2009' but it does not show on this list.

post-592412-1257531731_thumb.jpg post-592412-1257531721_thumb.jpg post-592412-1257531708_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable, I don't understand s*** of this. You've actually got the same PDA, CSC and other information as me (also dutch ROM), exactly the same version of TomTom but still it wont work on my phone. Another really strange thing i noticed is that you've got lots of numbers behind you're bluetooth and wifi versions. Eg. 2.0.32.0.32 etc. Mines only listed as 2.0.3

Anyhow, I think I will use GPS proxy and dont have the luck you got :D :) :D !

hard resetting just for trying is not an option right now!

Guest c_arivazhagan
Unbelievable, I don't understand s*** of this. You've actually got the same PDA, CSC and other information as me (also dutch ROM), exactly the same version of TomTom but still it wont work on my phone. Another really strange thing i noticed is that you've got lots of numbers behind you're bluetooth and wifi versions. Eg. 2.0.32.0.32 etc. Mines only listed as 2.0.3

Anyhow, I think I will use GPS proxy and dont have the luck you got :D :) :D !

hard resetting just for trying is not an option right now!

Guys, Need your help in Installing GPS Proxy.

I tried several times and couldn't succeed.

Tried one from Sourceforge.net and another one 2.2C.

Would appreciate if someone could list few steps to make successful Installation of GPS Proxy in I8000 with WM6.5

Thanks in Advance.

Ari

Guest megalon

On a Dutch forum other people with the same ROM-version report that TomTom works whitout proxy. We all used the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio' for updating to 6.5.

• 3 months later...
Guest betonpoaltie
On a Dutch forum other people with the same ROM-version report that TomTom works whitout proxy. We all used the update-tool 'Samsung New PC Studio' for updating to 6.5.

Also installed WM6.5 dutch and TTN 7.916 (9189)

TomTom runs ok after a soft-reset, but then FAILS if another GPS program was active before.

So not a real solution yet unfortunately ...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest h.kaminsky

first sorry for my pore inglisch

i tried the settings and they don't work for me.

I tried al gps settings in the tomtom (7.915 (9196)) and the only thing that i get is a few sattalites but not a fix.

Even when i wait for over 30 minutes there still stands if i am in a building.

So i have to work with gps proxy to get a fix.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stockholm
first sorry for my pore inglisch

i tried the settings and they don't work for me.

I tried al gps settings in the tomtom (7.915 (9196)) and the only thing that i get is a few sattalites but not a fix.

Even when i wait for over 30 minutes there still stands if i am in a building.

So i have to work with gps proxy to get a fix.

For the first time ever I got it to work with a simple fix.

http://www.samsung-omnia.org/precise-gps-n...i900/?topicseen

GPSmoddriver. Check it out dl is available at that address. I did install it on device not memory.

Greg