TomTom and internal GPS on WM65

Guest Chivas610
Not working on my Omnia with JC1(by Kies). But GPS stops working on other Navigation progs... Restored my backup.

What gps settings did you use in Tomtom? You must use other nmea / 4800 baud rate / com7

It should work with internal too, but then you need to change the gps port (can't remember to what, but can look it up if needed). Anyway, it works fine on my O2 (tried several roms, and works on everyone).

EDIT: use com port 4 (and 9 for hardware) for internal gps...might be optional tho...

Edited by Chivas610

Guest Chivas610

Okay, I have checked this out with my own device now.

Procedure to make TomTom work with internal GPS:

1: Backup your registry

2: Install the gpsfix cab from post #26

3: Restart your device

4: In GPS setting; set program com port to 4

5: Start Tomtom, go to gps settings and set it to use the internal gps

6: Allow Tomtom some minutes to get gps fix for the first time. After that it should go much faster.

7: Enjoy! :)

PS: You can skip #4 and use "other nmea gps" / baud 4800 / com7 in tomtom gps settings - this works too

Reports from other sites tells this is working, and it's working splendid on my device too ;)

Guest jh787

Has anybody tried typing in *#1472365# into their Omnia2?

It brings up some extra gps settings, some of which are similar to settings that can be reached in registry but some are unique.

The main one that was of interest to me was the start up mode of GPS.

Mine was set to cold start which meant that every time i started my tomtom it did so by deleting all previous data.

This meant i was on a cold start each and every time i used it which was why it took forever to lock sometimes.

I have now changed this setting to "hotstart" and my locks are instant.

There are various other settings that can be played with and tried out but this setting alone got rid of the only flaw i could find in the Omnia2.

Guest jh787

I compared the registry of my brothers htc (which has tomtom working)and my omnia i8000 and saw that among other htc specific settings one of the differences was that the intermediate driver had no buffer settings in registry.

I decided to back up my registry and delete both incoming and outgoing buffers and now i have an immediate signal and once locked it does not jump from one satellite to another, they are consistent blue bars.

i have it set to com4 with 4800 baud rate. and it is set to built in gps in tomtom.

i recommend that everybody try this but please back up your registry first.

Please provide some feedback and let others know if it works for you

Guest Chivas610
I compared the registry of my brothers htc (which has tomtom working)and my omnia i8000 and saw that among other htc specific settings one of the differences was that the intermediate driver had no buffer settings in registry.

I decided to back up my registry and delete both incoming and outgoing buffers and now i have an immediate signal and once locked it does not jump from one satellite to another, they are consistent blue bars.

i have it set to com4 with 4800 baud rate. and it is set to built in gps in tomtom.

i recommend that everybody try this but please back up your registry first.

Please provide some feedback and let others know if it works for you

What are the registry entries?

I tried to use GPSMod Driver. My TT works, but lag was very big. On another GPS programs everything was ok.

I made some register changes (credits to user JaCoL_JcL from peb.pl forum) and now TT works OK, without GPSMod Driver, with XTRA, without lag.

Modifications:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\InputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\OutputBufferSize: change from 4096 to 512

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware\SleepOnNoData: change from 100 to 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize: change from 16384 to 1024

My TT is 7.917 (9186)

Edit:

The same solution I found today in this post:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...t&p=1205366

Edited by KMPB

Guest jh787
What are the registry entries?

like i said i deleted all buffers under intermediate driver in registry.

I have received positive feedback on this method, in other threads i have posted on (although some people have experienced poor accuracy but that is a seperate issue which i have also tweaked to pinpoint accuracy).

I will be taking screen shots of the relevant registry pages just as soon as i get a chance.

• 4 months later...

Tomtom and I8000:

The problem is that TT does not start the GPS, so you can start it with another program o samething like that (you can use gpsfix, gpsmoddriver...) but i don't know what some roms (o some i8000's) starts correctly the GPS, so you do not need to use another program, it's problem of tt and smasung that they are not 100% compatibles

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Okay, I have checked this out with my own device now.

Procedure to make TomTom work with internal GPS:

1: Backup your registry

2: Install the gpsfix cab from post #26

3: Restart your device

4: In GPS setting; set program com port to 4

5: Start Tomtom, go to gps settings and set it to use the internal gps

6: Allow Tomtom some minutes to get gps fix for the first time. After that it should go much faster.

7: Enjoy! ;)

PS: You can skip #4 and use "other nmea gps" / baud 4800 / com7 in tomtom gps settings - this works too

Reports from other sites tells this is working, and it's working splendid on my device too :P

Before I actually did this, my problem was it isn't working with Tomtom but my GPS is working with BeelineGPS but after using this procedure -- everything isn't working anymore. The fix actually ruined my GPS. Is there a way to undo this?

Please see post 95 in the following thread for my registry settings which give me a very fast fix with excellent accuracy.

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/275659/...0/#entry1238381

This worked for me!

Now IGO8, Navigon and Tomtom are working quiet well! Fast Satfix. Never before managed to get all these Programs together to work.

I´m using JJ1 phone and Eboot and JI1 MS-Team Light rom.

I have built an cab-file for this. It changes reg-keys and you will find in Programs\jo GPS-Fix I8000... folder another cab file with my original Registry settings. So if you want to restore use this cab.

Before you install my cab, please make Registrybackup!!!!

It would be nice, if anyone gave me some Feedback.

Keys, I have changed:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware:

InputBufferSize			512							  original: 4096

OutputBufferSize		   512							  original: 4096

SleepOnNoData			   0							   original: 100

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Multiplexer:

MaxBufferSize			  1024							 original: 16384

HKLM\Software\samsung\RIL\GPS:

Accuracy					1								original: 19

MaxLocationAge			  0								original: 0(?)

QOPDelay					0								original: 12

ResponseTime				0								original: 2

Vaccuracy				   1								original: 0

I´m using it with GPS Port 9, ProgramPort 7, Baud 9600 on all three navigation programs

I hope this will help anybody.

Regards

jo_GPS_FixI8000_IgoNavigonTomtom.cab

Edited by y17dt

• 5 months later...
Guest zencooler
This worked for me!

Now IGO8, Navigon and Tomtom are working quiet well! Fast Satfix. Never before managed to get all these Programs together to work.

I have built an cab-file for this. It changes reg-keys and you will find in Programs\jo GPS-Fix I8000... folder another cab file with my original Registry settings. So if you want to restore use this cab.

Keys, I have changed:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\Drivers\Samsung GPS Hardware:

InputBufferSize			512							  original: 4096

OutputBufferSize		   512							  original: 4096

SleepOnNoData			   0							   original: 100

MaxBufferSize			  1024							 original: 16384

MaxLocationAge			  0								original: 0(?)

Vaccuracy				   1								original: 0

I´m using it with GPS Port 9, ProgramPort 7, Baud 9600 on all three navigation programs

Regards

y17dt! It works like a charm for me! No additional drivers and applications needed!

TT v.7 is working in a few seconds after it is started.

Great work. Thank you very very much!

• 2 months later...

thanx mate! it worked for me. i8000 with Rapids latest JI1 ROM

This worked for me!

Keys, I have changed:

InputBufferSize			512						  	original: 4096

OutputBufferSize	       512						  	original: 4096

SleepOnNoData		       0						       original: 100

MaxBufferSize		  	1024						     original: 16384

MaxLocationAge		  	0								original: 0(?)

Vaccuracy			       1								original: 0

Regards

• 1 month later...
Guest nitrozen

This worked for me!

Keys, I have changed:

InputBufferSize			512					  		original: 4096

OutputBufferSize           512					  		original: 4096

SleepOnNoData	           0					           original: 100

MaxBufferSize	  		1024					         original: 16384

MaxLocationAge	  		0								original: 0(?)

Vaccuracy		           1								original: 0

Regards

you da man !!

worked perfect for me, after a week of messing around to get this to work

thanks for posting the info !

edit: ooops spoke to soon. locked the gps perfectly when i first installed the fix, but next day back to the same problem, tomtom cant lock onto satelites

Edited by nitrozen