PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Guest rodrigofd
i believe these pictures have something to do with cooking :) Gigges has been looking for such tools.

note, it will report error since its win32 tool, just ignore that and look for related dll. all come with visual studio 2005. :D

Yes, its easy to get such tools.. they come with visual studio & windows SDKs indeed...

They are mostly to detect file dependencies, dlls, etc... he must be trying to segregate samsung files, into packages... which is a further step for us, we didnt' reach there yet....

GOOD NEWS.. i found a relocation tool, that kuanchai and i were looking for... i'll try it first and post results, don't want to make others waste time twice... hang on

maybe you could try posting in the Kingmobile thread? if he doesn't like to talk trough PM

(really wish I could be of more use than just writing stupid suggestions :) )

that would be a good idea if i do this within this community. the cookers over there dont like talk too much on forum unless they have some break through to post. otherwise, they just communicate to each others through IM, unless they have some breaking news to post. they keep their heads down, trust me, im chinese too :D

Yes, its easy to get such tools.. they come with visual studio & windows SDKs indeed...

They are mostly to detect file dependencies, dlls, etc... he must be trying to segregate samsung files, into packages... which is a further step for us, we didnt' reach there yet....

GOOD NEWS.. i found a relocation tool, that kuanchai and i were looking for... i'll try it first and post results, don't want to make others waste time twice... hang on

take it easy bro, its been over 48 hours already. u need rest :)

Guest rodrigofd
take it easy bro, its been over 48 hours already. u need rest :)

Ha hahaa you are totally right!!! Thx someone is trying to stop me, i could otherwise lose notion of time.....

OK now One last flash !!! i bet this is the one...... pleeeease

Same here. Could someone please ask gig what buildos and reloc he uses after file deleted/added?

I managed to flash sorg's nb0 reconstructed from cubic37.mli IJ9 mulitlanguage rom and it did work OK. It boots up, sets up language to english and everything works fine so far. I didn't make any changes to the rom just dumped files and pack it back. I am glad it worked this time.

The next step would be to dump rom to packages and build the rom again. Did you manage to do it with chinese rom?

Guest rodrigofd
I managed to flash sorg's nb0 reconstructed from cubic37.mli IJ9 mulitlanguage rom and it did work OK. It boots up, sets up language to english and everything works fine so far. I didn't make any changes to the rom just dumped files and pack it back. I am glad it worked this time.

The next step would be to dump rom to packages and build the rom again. Did you manage to do it with chinese rom?

I am completely lost by now... maybe is tireness... :) ...

i want to achieve the same as you.. can you detail as much as you can how did you do it please wes?

I am completely lost by now... maybe is tireness... :D ...

i want to achieve the same as you.. can you detail as much as you can how did you do it please wes?

same way as Gigges guide explained, i suppose. but wes58 used IJ9, u r trying on IJC. thats a big difference. told ya, should try IJ9. :)

r u really going for 72 hours straight?

Edited by Lancez

same way as Gigges guide explained, i suppose. but wes58 used IJ9, u r trying on IJC. thats a big difference. told ya, should try IJ9. :)

r u really going for 72 hours straight?

Here are the details how I did it. You have to refer to the guide by Gigges as well. As I wrote in the guide it was just an exercise to dump an pack back the files from the rom. No changes to the rom content were made. It would be good if someone else tried it so we know that it definitely works. It worked for me.

It shouldn't matter which rom we are using IJ9 or IJC because I had the same problem originally as rodrigofd. I only had IJ9 nb0 so that's why I used it.

MultilanguageRom.pdf

Edited by wes58

Guest Khuanchai
Here are the details how I did it. You have to refer to the guide by Gigges as well. As I wrote in the guide it was just an exercise to dump an pack back the files from the rom. No changes to the rom content were made. It would be good if someone else tried it so we know that it definitely works. It worked for me.

It shouldn't matter which rom we are using IJ9 or IJC because I had the same problem originally as rodrigofd. I only had IJ9 nb0 so that's why I used it.

Interesting! Just wonder why we have to change the 1EA value. How do you get that point? What happen if we don't change that?

Interesting! Just wonder why we have to change the 1EA value. How do you get that point? What happen if we don't change that?

If I didn't change it, basically during language setup, on the screen with the progress bar during language setup, the screen just went blank. Then it didn't boot to WM, got stuck on WM orange screen. I guess that's because the language was not properly setup. Why I changed it? I was desperate, I could not see any other difference so I thought I will give it a go. I thought it shouldn't be a big risk since the flashing of the phone starts while the phone is off.

I guess Weisun (who wrote onsbtool) would be able to explain what is at this offset if someone could get in touch with him.

Did you have any luck with packing packages back in the chinese rom?

Edited by wes58

Guest Khuanchai
If I didn't change it, basically during language setup, on the screen with the progress bar during language setup, the screen just went blank. Then it didn't boot to WM, got stuck on WM orange screen. I guess that's because the language was not properly setup. Why I changed it? I was desperate, I could not see any other difference so I thought I will give it a go. I thought it shouldn't be a big risk since the flashing of the phone starts while the phone is off.

I guess Weisun (who wrote onsbtool) would be able to explain what is at this offset if someone could get in touch with him.

Did you have any luck with packing packages back in the chinese rom?

That's nice finding.

I still can't pack new packages to ROM. It just stops at splash screen. Not sure why.

well, first of all im not in the position talking about cooking thing, im just a proconsumer lol.... but since the guide based on chinese II3 ROM, which is older version then ours. based on secany's info, the samsung ROMs have been changed a lot since IJC or IJD and so on, so i thought it would have some differences between IJ9 and IJC. but again, im just a noob and trying to hlep out. :)

That's nice finding.

I still can't pack new packages to ROM. It just stops at splash screen. Not sure why.

Have you tried dumping to packages original chinese rom and then building rom back without any modifications to the contents of the rom?

After successful flash with the modified IJ9 nb0 file, I tried to do the same with PDA_I8000NXXIK1_HW_40.MST (latest rom from secany). I modified the file but I have to find the courage to flash my OMNIA II with the modified .mst file.

Guest Khuanchai

Following wes58's last method, I finally got a slightly modified IJ9 ROM. I only removed widgetplus files from dump and repack. This first attempt is to try to increase storage.

post-201908-1258511547_thumb.png

This is after a minimal program installation. I forgot the original ROM memory setting, someone please check.

Following wes58's last method, I finally got a slightly modified IJ9 ROM. I only removed widgetplus files from dump and repack. This first attempt is to try to increase storage.

post-201908-1258511547_thumb.png

This is after a minimal program installation. I forgot the original ROM memory setting, someone please check.

Could you please give me some details of how you did unpack and build the rom again (especially this), which files from the kitchen you used. I don't want to spend time on re-inventing the wheel if you already proven this. 

Thanks, Wes

Guest Khuanchai
Could you please give me some details of how you did unpack and build the rom again (especially this), which files from the kitchen you used. I don't want to spend time on re-inventing the wheel if you already proven this. 

Thanks, Wes

No, actually I did nothing yet just delete unwanted files from the original dump and run 1pack right away. Just want to check we can pack them back without relocation.

However, this is not the right way for cooking yet. We still need the buildos and relocate tools if we want to cook newly released ROM.

Guest rodrigofd
No, actually I did nothing yet just delete unwanted files from the original dump and run 1pack right away. Just want to check we can pack them back without relocation.

However, this is not the right way for cooking yet. We still need the buildos and relocate tools if we want to cook newly released ROM.

Wow, just a while away and already a lot of progress here...:)

First i'll reproduce your steps wes58 as he chatted, and then try to do some more heavy modifications , deeper than khuanchai....

Btw khuanchai, while G'reloc.exe didn't work for me, i did found WMReloc.exe working (grabbed somewhere in xda) ... Why dont you give it a try ?

Also, i got buildos.exe and pkgtool.exe, i never worked with this tools before, but as i can see they are .NET assemblies, so i'll try to investigate source code to see if they serve as out-of the box, or i can make some more 'omniasized' version :D----

Anyway , i'll be some hours playing around now, and see what i can get...

IMPORTANT: we are now getting serious here, i believe we should find a way to organize all information&files&tools from everyone working on this, so that as wes said, we don't loose time redoing things....

As a start, i'd like to start a new thread..... and i'm also thinking on coding some rudimentary omnia2 tools ... what do u think?? i hear suggestions..

Thanks, I guess we have some progress... Do you think, if there is any point in trying to flash with modified .mst file. I was going to do it later on but I am a bit hesitant, not sure why because I took a risk with nb0?

The other question is, would you need initflashfiles.dat file which normally is in OEM language package? If we do, how could we modify it in this rom's language pack?

Good luck...

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks, I guess we have some progress... Do you think, if there is any point in trying to flash with modified .mst file. I was going to do it later on but I am a bit hesitant, not sure why because I took a risk with nb0?

The other question is, would you need initflashfiles.dat file which normally is in OEM language package? If we do, how could we modify it in this rom's language pack?

Good luck...

I have an idea for initflashfiles wes: we could patch 'initflashfiles.dat' filename in langpack section, (so that it is not processed), and include a modified initflashfiles in main dump.. .what do u think?

another thing... do you understand MST file format? how is it in comparison to NB0 ?

Guest Khuanchai
Wow, just a while away and already a lot of progress here...:)

First i'll reproduce your steps wes58 as he chatted, and then try to do some more heavy modifications , deeper than khuanchai....

Btw khuanchai, while G'reloc.exe didn't work for me, i did found WMReloc.exe working (grabbed somewhere in xda) ... Why dont you give it a try ?

Also, i got buildos.exe and pkgtool.exe, i never worked with this tools before, but as i can see they are .NET assemblies, so i'll try to investigate source code to see if they serve as out-of the box, or i can make some more 'omniasized' version :D----

Anyway , i'll be some hours playing around now, and see what i can get...

IMPORTANT: we are now getting serious here, i believe we should find a way to organize all information&files&tools from everyone working on this, so that as wes said, we don't loose time redoing things....

As a start, i'd like to start a new thread..... and i'm also thinking on coding some rudimentary omnia2 tools ... what do u think?? i hear suggestions..

Concerning WMReloc (I already tried), do you mean you can boot your device normally after use? For me, I can use it without error (like greloc) but still my omnia II can't pass splash screen as usual.

I have an idea for initflashfiles wes: we could patch 'initflashfiles.dat' filename in langpack section, (so that it is not processed), and include a modified initflashfiles in main dump.. .what do u think?

another thing... do you understand MST file format? how is it in comparison to NB0 ?

What I found out so far about MST file based on PDA_I8000NXXIK1_HW_40.MST

pda.nb0 starts at 50f8200

checksum for pda.nb0.os.nb start at 50f821C 

pda.nb0.os.nb starts at 5218400 (I extracted it from this point up to start of language pack, everything prior treated as pda.nb0.pre and )

language pack starts at 16D59400 

and additional bits that we have to modify in pda.nb0.os.nb (after re-building 00 55 03) are at 52185EA in original mst file.

The final file after putting it back together is .mst not nb0!!!

I haven't tested flashing after modification but would you like to have a go?

It would be good to start a new thread and have it pinned.

Edited by wes58

Guest Khuanchai

Good luck...

I see no major advantage to use MST instead of nb0. The only difference I know is it will create a cubic.mli file in the hiden partition for backup purpose. Otherwise, it's quite the same. My next plan is to explore whether we can join this hiden partition with our current my storage to be a 16GB my storage. Who can help on this?

If you create a single language ROM, then you will need the initflashfiles.dat in oemlang_0409 folder. However, for multi-language ROM, it will be in the LANGPACK and currently cannot be modified yet.

Guest rodrigofd
I see no major advantage to use MST instead of nb0. The only difference I know is it will create a cubic.mli file in the hiden partition for backup purpose. Otherwise, it's quite the same. My next plan is to explore whether we can join this hiden partition with our current my storage to be a 16GB my storage. Who can help on this?

If you create a single language ROM, then you will need the initflashfiles.dat in oemlang_0409 folder. However, for multi-language ROM, it will be in the LANGPACK and currently cannot be modified yet.

Khuanchai, i believe its time to create a more specific 'technical' thread.....

Creator could mantain first post updated, with all relevant discoveries regarding file structures, tools, way of cooking, etc... would you create it or should i ?