PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai, i believe its time to create a more specific 'technical' thread.....

Creator could mantain first post updated, with all relevant discoveries regarding file structures, tools, way of cooking, etc... would you create it or should i ?

Please do that. You should have more free time than I. You can put our names (you, wes, and I) in the subtitle as moderators of the thread if sound reasonable.

actually, there's no risk flashing nb0 or mst files as long u don;t flash eboot or phone.

I have flash a couple of times with failed PDA checksum, well i'm still a noob. And I'm still able to flash back with the original nb0 files extracted from cubic37.mli...

So no worries... :)

Khuanchai, 

I am trying to build rom back from packages (based on IJ9) but I am stuck on Buildos. I get a message as shown on the picture, which I can understand because there is no initflashfiles.dat in the oem folder. I know that you managed to build the rom although it got stuck on the splash screen. How did you manage to build it? Which version of buildos do you have. Mine is 0.92.

One more thing, after running PKGTool.exe to dump files to oem and sys folders I end up with one dsm file left in the dump folder: 88f892ce-7f79-4718-bfc0-388c86c721a7.dsm. Did you have it as well? What did you do with it?

Edit:

I managed to fix this error by putting an empty initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409 directory. It will be over written during language setup I guess.

Then running G'reloc I got an error "7C000000 is not a valid integer value". This value can be changed (Unknown on the picture) but to what? In Omnia Rom it was 1.

post-420700-1258538051_thumb.jpg

post-420700-1258544490_thumb.jpg

Edited by wes58

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai, 

I am trying to build rom back from packages (based on IJ9) but I am stuck on Buildos. I get a message as shown on the picture, which I can understand because there is no initflashfiles.dat in the oem folder. I know that you managed to build the rom although it got stuck on the splash screen. How did you manage to build it? Which version of buildos do you have. Mine is 0.92.

One more thing, after running PKGTool.exe to dump files to oem and sys folders I end up with one dsm file left in the dump folder: 88f892ce-7f79-4718-bfc0-388c86c721a7.dsm. Did you have it as well? What did you do with it?

Edit:

I managed to fix this error by putting an empty initflashfiles.dat in OEM_Lang_0409 directory. It will be over written during language setup I guess.

Then running G'reloc I got an error "7C000000 is not a valid integer value". This value can be changed (Unknown on the picture) but to what? In Omnia Rom it was 1.

G'reloc is for wm 6.1 only. WMReloc is for 6.5 and I had no problem until i8000. It usually leads to an unbootable ROM.

Guest rodrigofd
G'reloc is for wm 6.1 only. WMReloc is for 6.5 and I had no problem until i8000. It usually leads to an unbootable ROM.

I used WMReloc in my last flash, (rom IJC) and it makes a bootable system, but buggy... E.G. no wifi, no network, random errors., etc... you're right that we need some other relocation tool. Sorg replied me that he wrote his own tools, apparently including a 'relocation' tool himself..

Btw i successfully recompiled a buildos and pkgtool i have, so we'll be able to adjust it to our needs if neccessary..

Following wes58's last method, I finally got a slightly modified IJ9 ROM. I only removed widgetplus files from dump and repack. This first attempt is to try to increase storage.

post-201908-1258511547_thumb.png

This is after a minimal program installation. I forgot the original ROM memory setting, someone please check.

Dear Mr khuanchai,

can u share whats the files (all samsung panel) should be deleted from dump folder...?

Thank you.

Edited by Baveto