PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Now we have at least 3 people able to confirm the success. Next step is to build a new english ROM. This is not easy though. Someone may want to help at this step.

just a heads up, the smart reader has serious bug in II3 and it only works with chinese languege, i suppose.

Guest rodrigofd
Now we have at least 3 people able to confirm the success. Next step is to build a new english ROM. This is not easy though. Someone may want to help at this step.

Right, not only change lang pack, but chinese roms also have some different software.. E.G: different input methods....

Guest tacchan23
Right, not only change lang pack, but chinese roms also have some different software.. E.G: different input methods....

So you guys are trying to follow the path of using a chinese ROM as base? and remove/change stuff from there?

Maybe we should really ask Secany if he has a english only ROM?

So you guys are trying to follow the path of using a chinese ROM as base? and remove/change stuff from there?

Maybe we should really ask Secany if he has a english only ROM?

That would be the best. I tried what rodrigofd did as well using nb0 from sorg's reconstructed from cubic37.mli but it didn't work. I inserted all language packs from original nb0 to the modified one but after flashing the screen went blank during language setup. Got a bit of a scare... I waited until I had "Job done" on Octans and restarted the phone. Then the phone was stuck on WM (orange) screen. Maybe it's because I had a chinese rom before? Maybe if I flashed CSC file as well it would work, I don't know. Had to reflash back to JK2. Enough of excitements for today.

So I think that it would be the best option if we could get rom with only one language.

Guest tacchan23
That would be the best. I tried what rodrigofd did as well using nb0 from sorg's reconstructed from cubic37.mli but it didn't work. I inserted all language packs from original nb0 to the modified one but after flashing the screen went blank during language setup. Got a bit of a scare... I waited until I had "Job done" on Octans and restarted the phone. Then the phone was stuck on WM (orange) screen. Maybe it's because I had a chinese rom before? Maybe if I flashed CSC file as well it would work, I don't know. Had to reflash back to JK2. Enough of excitements for today.

So I think that it would be the best option if we could get rom with only one language.

I sent him a PM just in case, but I think he's quite busy these days.

Guest forelli
I sent him a PM just in case, but I think he's quite busy these days.

I have my O2 back from repair since yesterday. I was reading the 2nd half of the thread, i alread had the 1st half, and i guess I will keep my gloves on, this winter :)

Following this with a lot of interest. Maybe one of the cooks can create a thread for the kitchen? Then all interested people could interact there, like in i900 rom forum discussion, and maybe a mod could pin the topic too?

forelli

Khuanchai  & rodrigofd

Can you have a look at the attached file. This, I think, is an english language pack (or rather part of it) extracted from sorgs IJI9.nb0. Could we use it? What I am afraid of is that, if we replace exe/dll.0804.mui with exe/dll.0409 from different firmware we would probably have to replace corresponding .exe/dll as well. It would be a lot of work.

0409_040e_0424.rar

Guest rodrigofd
I have my O2 back from repair since yesterday. I was reading the 2nd half of the thread, i alread had the 1st half, and i guess I will keep my gloves on, this winter :)

Following this with a lot of interest. Maybe one of the cooks can create a thread for the kitchen? Then all interested people could interact there, like in i900 rom forum discussion, and maybe a mod could pin the topic too?

forelli

That'd be great...

By the way , i did similar to wes58, using cubic mli following gigges method, then merged in with langpacks, flashed, and got thru language setup installation .. it also wen thru 'half way' , as wes58 said, then booted, and stucked at orange screen. i already tried using CSC.... same result...

Guest rodrigofd
Khuanchai & rodrigofd

Can you have a look at the attached file. This, I think, is an english language pack (or rather part of it) extracted from sorgs IJI9.nb0. Could we use it? What I am afraid of is that, if we replace exe/dll.0804.mui with exe/dll.0409 from different firmware we would probably have to replace corresponding .exe/dll as well. It would be a lot of work.

I've also got langpack files... i am now currently trying to merge them with chinese dump... you're right in that it is not at all, a good idea to mix base files from one rom, and langfiles from a newer one.. HOWEVER, .mui files ans such, are mostly resources (text, images, etc) and basically no code, so in theory it could work , even though its not the best approach..... i'll let you know the result..

I've also got langpack files... i am now currently trying to merge them with chinese dump... you're right in that it is not at all, a good idea to mix base files from one rom, and langfiles from a newer one.. HOWEVER, .mui files ans such, are mostly resources (text, images, etc) and basically no code, so in theory it could work , even though its not the best approach..... i'll let you know the result..

Yes, I know, but if .exe is looking at a certain address in the mui (resource) file to find a dialog, picture etc. and the exe is from different rom it may find at this address a different thing.

By the way there are a lot of other 0409 files in this nb0. Good luck. Hopefully we get somewhere. 

Guest rodrigofd
Yes, I know, but if .exe is looking at a certain address in the mui (resource) file to find a dialog, picture etc. and the exe is from different rom it may find at this address a different thing.

By the way there are a lot of other 0409 files in this nb0. Good luck. Hopefully we get somewhere.

I am trying a whole different approach now, it is a long shot, and i don't have much 'theory' behind it, but it just might work...

something like mixing chinese intermediate files, with my cubic37.mli dump ... let's see

Guest rodrigofd

OK while flashing, maybe you can orient me some more wes.... With gigges 'kitchen' if we can yet call it like that, all dump is created a spare files in a unique directory .... but no as individual packages... any help on how can i go between spare files > packages and the other way round ?

OK while flashing, maybe you can orient me some more wes.... With gigges 'kitchen' if we can yet call it like that, all dump is created a spare files in a unique directory .... but no as individual packages... any help on how can i go between spare files > packages and the other way round ?

Have a look at the attached files: ImgfsToDump_3.3_beta3 from xda-developers and bat/cmd files from Omnia kitchen.

The other thing is, when you run 1pack.bat from gigges kitchen it runs "all_packages_to_one" first. If you have only a straight dump (without packages dumped to OEM, SYS) it fails on this line and runs the next one "Imgfsfromdump.exe imgfs.bin imgfs-new.bin". You could probably find more information about all_packages_to_one in xda-developers website. 

P.S.

I think it is going to be a long way doing it this way. The best way would be, as I said before, to get a english only rom or figure out how to get language setup to work on the rom extracted from cubic37.mli. I am not sure what we were doing wrong that it got stuck on WM screen. Obviously the language set up didn't work so it didn't start windows.

ImgfsToDump_3.3_beta3.zip

example.rar

Edited by wes58

Guest Khuanchai

Next steps for making english ROM.

1. We have to package the original dump to SYS, OEM, and ROM folders. This needs bepe packagetool.

2. Remove all 0804 folders from the ROM and replace with 0409 folders from LANGPACK.

3. Build dump from those modified SYS and OEM. I believe buildos.exe can do the trick

4. We need a Relocation tool to relocate the dump. I tried several but failed so far.

5. If we have the appropriate relocation tool, then we will get a working dump folder that can be used for 1pack.bat.

Khuanchai

Next steps for making english ROM.

1. We have to package the original dump to SYS, OEM, and ROM folders. This needs bepe packagetool.

2. Remove all 0804 folders from the ROM and replace with 0409 folders from LANGPACK.

3. Build dump from those modified SYS and OEM. I believe buildos.exe can do the trick

4. We need a Relocation tool to relocate the dump. I tried several but failed so far.

5. If we have the appropriate relocation tool, then we will get a working dump folder that can be used for 1pack.bat.

Khuanchai

There is also one package in XIP as well - WinCENLS_Lang_0804

Wes

Edited by wes58

Guest rodrigofd
There is also one package in XIP as well - WinCENLS_Lang_0804

Wes

This is going to be hard.... I replaced chinese files with english ones, and flashed... Phone doesn't go past splash screen...:)

Guest Khuanchai
This is going to be hard.... I replaced chinese files with english ones, and flashed... Phone doesn't go past splash screen...:)

Same here. Could someone please ask gig what buildos and reloc he uses after file deleted/added?

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest rodrigofd
Same here. Could someone please ask gig what buildos and reloc he uses after file deleted/added?

Khuanchai, do you believe reloc tools have anything to do with non-bootable rom?? I you think of it, the dump we are using already has modules properly located, and language files don't include modules....

can u be more specific? what else do u need to know? coz im going to ask guys in kingmobile about how to repack multilanguege english ROM. and Gigges stuck at finding which dll. r related to certain exe. when it is running and some other things himself. it is still early stage of cooking i8000. and i have made myself a "custom" chinese ROM too, although just a unpack and repack thing, lol. it is really exciting as this is my first time.

Guest rodrigofd
can u be more specific? what else do u need to know? coz im going to ask guys in kingmobile about how to repack multilanguege english ROM. and Gigges stuck at finding which dll. r related to certain exe. when it is running and some other things himself. it is still early stage of cooking i8000. and i have made myself a "custom" chinese ROM too, although just a unpack and repack thing, lol. it is really exciting as this is my first time.

Ask him what tools did he use to alter the dump, after adding/deleting files at will, and which tool he used to 'relocate' modules, we tried one called 'G'Reloc' but fails.... ask him if he can provide us with the tools he used to modify the dump e.g. his rudimentary kitchen...:)

Ask him what tools did he use to alter the dump, after adding/deleting files at will, and which tool he used to 'relocate' modules, we tried one called 'G'Reloc' but fails.... ask him if he can provide us with the tools he used to modify the dump e.g. his rudimentary kitchen... :)

ok, a PM sent to Gigges. hope that he will answer my Qs, as last time he did not get back to me at all. lets hope this time he will.

Guest tacchan23
ok, a PM sent to Gigges. hope that he will answer my Qs, as last time he did not get back to me at all. lets hope this time he will.

maybe you could try posting in the Kingmobile thread? if he doesn't like to talk trough PM

(really wish I could be of more use than just writing stupid suggestions :) )

i believe these pictures have something to do with cooking :) Gigges has been looking for such tools.

note, it will report error since its win32 tool, just ignore that and look for related dll. all come with visual studio 2005. :D

post-422854-1258481820_thumb.png

post-422854-1258481939_thumb.png