HD2 delayed until 20th of November for "testing"

Guest l3v5y

08-Oct-2009_htc-hd2.jpg

Thanks to our own tsutton, we've received word that the HD2 will be delayed on T-Mobile until the 20th. The sales rep apparently seems very sure that it's the 20th, and not the 23rd that some sites have mentioned, and cited "testing" as the reason for delay.

Hopefully it's not delayed any more, or users might be jumping ship!

Guest GodsGift

Am gutted by this... why cant they set a date and stick with it ...

mind you at least it will mean I will have less of a contract to buy out.

By the time this is released the X10 will be on the market... or HTC Sense UI will be custom firmware for the Omnia! LOL

GG

08-Oct-2009_htc-hd2.jpg

Thanks to our own tsutton, we've received word that the HD2 will be delayed on T-Mobile until the 20th. The sales rep apparently seems very sure that it's the 20th, and not the 23rd that some sites have mentioned, and cited "testing" as the reason for delay.

Hopefully it's not delayed any more, or users might be jumping ship!

is that for sure? i spoke to t mobile today and they said that the confirmed date was the 12th...as per their internal system???

is that for sure? i spoke to t mobile today and they said that the confirmed date was the 12th...as per their internal system???

just spoke to T Mo again and they said 100% the phone will be available by the end of next week!

Guest tsutton

Hah, it's funny to see each T-Mobile staff are giving out confusing information to their customers!

I guess we'll never know which date they're going to release it...

Hah, it's funny to see each T-Mobile staff are giving out confusing information to their customers!

I guess we'll never know which date they're going to release it...

i guess we will see! they seemed cagey about confirming the actual date but said 100% next week.....fingers and toes crossed :)

Nothing new .... Seen and heard this all before....... Maybe people will jump ship....

was the same story with the htc hero when it was due out, but most retailer have delayed the release not just t mo...so we will see. any ways i have happy to wait there is no other handset around that looks as good :)

Guest Sonicr360

Agree - But its worth looking elsewhere, other than WM to be honest.

Seeing Hero and iPhones in action, I have to admit they are very, very good.

And certainly M$ have alot to live up to ..... Just about to watch the video of this phone, so will give my own views then.

Guest xxthemartianxx

I've ordered from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk - the phone is unbranded and will be with me on 12th (ready for dispatch on 11th). mobiles.co.uk also have unbranded HD2's so if you order from either of these (not locked to a network provider) they should be with you on time.

I've ordered from mobilephonesdirect.co.uk - the phone is unbranded and will be with me on 12th (ready for dispatch on 11th). mobiles.co.uk also have unbranded HD2's so if you order from either of these (not locked to a network provider) they should be with you on time.

All of the unbranded devices should be shipping on the 11th or so, it's just the operators that are useless!

Guest AngelOfRage

Phew, just saw the headline and was gutted.

Mine is on preorder from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. They haven't changed their due date, so hoping I'll have it in hand next week sometime, also they've listed it with 1 of the cheapest, best value tariffs. So I suppose I could wait a little longer, but feel as I've been waiting for ages already!

Guest xxthemartianxx
Phew, just saw the headline and was gutted.

Mine is on preorder from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk. They haven't changed their due date, so hoping I'll have it in hand next week sometime, also they've listed it with 1 of the cheapest, best value tariffs. So I suppose I could wait a little longer, but feel as I've been waiting for ages already!

What tariff did you go for? I opted for an 18mth T-Mobile contract, 700 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data with a free HD2, £35pm.

Edited by xxthemartianxx

Guest AngelOfRage
What tariff did you go for? I opted for an 18mth T-Mobile contract, 700 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data with a free HD2, £35pm.

I went for the £35 a month, 18 month tariff. Seemed the best deal at the time.

As for the delay, the website changed a few days ago. They did have 11th Nov listed as dispatch day, but then that changed to 12th Nov. However this is now listed as "IN-STOCK TODAY! - PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR DELIVERY DUE TO DEMAND." So hoping it'll arrive in the next couple of days. Can't wait :)

Guest tsutton

Have spoken to T-Mobile sales again. They was excepting for it to be released this week, but has been delayed for 2 weeks. When pushed to find out why there's a delay, she admited she doesn't know why. But she is aware a lot of people are waiting for it to be released.

Hum ho...

Guest tsutton

IT'S OUT NOW!!!

But only if you get to the correct channel! Some of them will fob you off with excuses like "it's not due till december", others wil say "wait 48 hours"

Keep trying and if you get to the correct person, they will be able to help you.

However no good news for me. I am on Flext 20 plans. Yes, it's tiny which means I have to pay £331 for it if I want it. Upgrading to Flext 75 will get you a free HTC HD2 handset. Or for Flext 35, it will be a £181 handset.

Was told to call back a few weeks time when the phone is on the T-Mobile website and to check again as they might be runing a special deal prices.

Disappointing for me... but good luck for you all!!

Guest xxthemartianxx

Changed my order from T-Mobile to Vodafone as they offered an 18mth contract with Unlimited Landline calls, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data and 900 + 300 minutes voice (online offer) for £40. If you include £90 Quidco, this beats the T-Mobile deal.

However......mixed messages from Vodafone staff who have advised that stock was coming in today. I was then told that the 212 phones that were showing on the system had either been sold or hadn't been scanned into the system. More stock is due next week.

If you check Vodafone's website now, the HTC HD2 does not appear (at time of writing 13/11 18.41).

Edited by xxthemartianxx

Guest xxthemartianxx
Changed my order from T-Mobile to Vodafone as they offered an 18mth contract with Unlimited Landline calls, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data and 900 + 300 minutes voice (online offer) for £40. If you include £90 Quidco, this beats the T-Mobile deal.

However......mixed messages from Vodafone staff who have advised that stock was coming in today. I was then told that the 212 phones that were showing on the system had either been sold or hadn't been scanned into the system. More stock is due next week.

If you check Vodafone's website now, the HTC HD2 does not appear (at time of writing 13/11 18.41).

More developments - just called Vodafone phone sales and they advised 106 in stock and ready for dispatch if I place an order now. Couldn't give me a reason why my online order was showing as on back order.

Maybe has something to do with the sales staff taking a commission so they get first dibs :) :D :D

Guest xxthemartianxx

Still no HD2 on the Vodafone website. Called customer services who advised that my order had errored (as well as most other HD2 online orders) due to a system glitch and would not be fulfilled.

Placed the same order over the phone for Tuesday delivery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.