Droid USB/Bluetooth/WIFI Teathering

Guest Majorair32

Guest Majorair32

I have a i910 Omnia right now and I can upgrade to the Droid for free. I really want too but the only thing holding me back right now is teathering. I use it almost daily and really need it. So I dont want to make the switch until I know this can be done. Right now I teather via bluetooth to my netbook. I use the usb when i need to charge and teather at the same time. Then if I forgot my cable and i'm on a different computer you can use the wifi ap. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this. Thanks :)

Guest aka_rob
I have a i910 Omnia right now and I can upgrade to the Droid for free. I really want too but the only thing holding me back right now is teathering. I use it almost daily and really need it. So I dont want to make the switch until I know this can be done. Right now I teather via bluetooth to my netbook. I use the usb when i need to charge and teather at the same time. Then if I forgot my cable and i'm on a different computer you can use the wifi ap. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this. Thanks :)

I just upgraded from the omnia to the droid (not for free...) and no luck yet. I'm sure it will not be too long before someone makes and app for tethering though.

Guest Otterdude
I just upgraded from the omnia to the droid (not for free...) and no luck yet. I'm sure it will not be too long before someone makes and app for tethering though.

Same boat here.. Droid will be here Monday. Im planning on keeping my i910 so that when I really need the tethering.... maybe once or twice a week, I'll just call up VZ and swap them back it's a fairly painless process... I think there is a way you can do it without customer service getting involved.... Thats my plan until an easy tethering solution is made for the droid

Guest Majorair32
Same boat here.. Droid will be here Monday. Im planning on keeping my i910 so that when I really need the tethering.... maybe once or twice a week, I'll just call up VZ and swap them back it's a fairly painless process... I think there is a way you can do it without customer service getting involved.... Thats my plan until an easy tethering solution is made for the droid

Yea you can dial *228 from the phone you want to activate and use option 3 punch in your phone number and your pin and there you go. I used to switch back and forth before when I had a moto q and my treo700wx back in the day. I hope that get a tether app or root the phone or something because. I have to trade my omnia in to get the droid.

Guest thetwiztidfreak
Yea you can dial *228 from the phone you want to activate and use option 3 punch in your phone number and your pin and there you go. I used to switch back and forth before when I had a moto q and my treo700wx back in the day. I hope that get a tether app or root the phone or something because. I have to trade my omnia in to get the droid.

friend was telling me he used PDAnet to teather his G1 dont see why it wouldnt work with the droid gave me the link www.junefabrics.com will be trying it out tomorrow will report back my results

Guest Otterdude
friend was telling me he used PDAnet to teather his G1 dont see why it wouldnt work with the droid gave me the link www.junefabrics.com will be trying it out tomorrow will report back my results

cool.. thanks for the info... ill try it out tomorrow as well

Guest Mad Jester

i know someone who can confirm that pdanet works perfectly on the droid.

Guest christopher2787
i know someone who can confirm that pdanet works perfectly on the droid.

I tether with PDA.net using the droid no problem. I have been using the PDA.net software for years and have saved a bundle as a result. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Guest TemetNosce
I tether with PDA.net using the droid no problem. I have been using the PDA.net software for years and have saved a bundle as a result. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Yup, I wanted to make sure I could tether as well and PDAnet works like a charm. Unfortunately the only way to tether right now is through the USB cord (no WiFi or Bluetooth just yet) and PDAnet costs $30.

Otherwise it works great. I was tethered last night and was seeing speeds greater than or equal to the Omnia I had.

• 1 month later...
Yup, I wanted to make sure I could tether as well and PDAnet works like a charm. Unfortunately the only way to tether right now is through the USB cord (no WiFi or Bluetooth just yet) and PDAnet costs $30.

Otherwise it works great. I was tethered last night and was seeing speeds greater than or equal to the Omnia I had.

Quick question... this tethering is separate from what Verizon offers, right? They wanted to charge me $30/month (or something like that) to tether when it became available.

• 1 month later...
Guest Otterdude

Rooted my Droid and have Wi-Fi tethering working. Instructions are on droidforums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest BomBeROne666
I have a i910 Omnia right now and I can upgrade to the Droid for free. I really want too but the only thing holding me back right now is teathering. I use it almost daily and really need it. So I dont want to make the switch until I know this can be done. Right now I teather via bluetooth to my netbook. I use the usb when i need to charge and teather at the same time. Then if I forgot my cable and i'm on a different computer you can use the wifi ap. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this. Thanks :(

Both USB and WI-FI tethering worket well for me with PDANet... Oh and I'm using Moto Milestone!!! ;)