MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

i8000 slow response after usb mass storage

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi everyone,

Help please, my omnia 2 is getting a slow response after it was taken from USB mass storage connection.

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Have you tried doing a soft reset?

Posted · Report post

Have you tried doing a soft reset?

yes, i noticed this slow response after i had my omnia 2 upgraded to wm6.5. any advise please? thanks,

Posted · Report post

yeah, i have that problem too after i flashed with ij9...

i always thought that it was a problem of my phone.

Posted · Report post

Me to.

6.5 german stock rom.

Posted · Report post

what's the problem exactly? after using the USB mass storage connection, the phone is always slow? or it happens for a while after each USB connection?

Posted · Report post

i found a solution to this: disable first titatium (windows default) on today item before usb mass storage mode then reenable the titanium after usb file transfer.

Hope this will help.

thanks.

Posted · Report post

I noticed it too! When i connect on the pc. But it occurs 15-20 sec after connect. I think it is the syc between O2 and Sync Center.

[]'s

Posted · Report post

Very good solution adioph!! Working fine for me. And also, you don´t need to disable titanium before connecting the device. Once you have finished copying files to your device, you can go and disable, then enable titanium (let´s call it a restart) and the phone will be fine again.

Cheers.

Posted · Report post

I had reported this issue in the secany rom thread.

the issue has been replicated on a few different omnia consisiting of the lastest firmware.

even with samsung widgets enabled.

normal today screen

and the new default home screen from 6.5

We tried reflashing the firmware 3x

did a hard reset

after usb connection was made in Mass Storage and safely removed form pc. Omnia 2 would leg

Active Sync only happend slightly and phone would be operational, though two phones from the 5 did have an issue with active sync and the lag.

I think samsung is starting to drop the ball a bit on this.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Maybe some of you installed program that can only installed onto Device and Storage Card space.

I had tried installed Garmin to My Storage, my O2 response became very strange and sluggish.

Has tried to restart the phone a few times but still the same thing,

until I had Garmin installed onto Storage Card then only phone back to very responsive again.

From some experiences on O2, my advice is, installed most of your apps/games to Storage Card and some on Device only.

Edited by NewForce

Posted · Report post

I can confirm this problem still exists on the latest L5 ROM.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I found a solution to this problem. :)

I deleted everything from "My Storage", just the phone made photos i have left on it. All the stuff I moved to storage card. And at the USB Mode, I set the Mass storage link to Storage card. Everything works fine now.

I think the problem occurs when you have many little (or simple many) files on the My storage (the phones internal storage).

Edited by Rapid81

Posted · Report post

i had this issue on RFD's ultralite IK5 before, but it went away after a hard reset.

So mbasically I think it's an error on the user's part. Maybe some tweaking/installed program is causing it.

Posted · Report post

i had this issue on RFD's ultralite IK5 before, but it went away after a hard reset.

So mbasically I think it's an error on the user's part. Maybe some tweaking/installed program is causing it.

When this problem occured at the first time, I was removed all of the modification programs and the problem still poped up. Then I did what I mentioned.

Posted · Report post

When this problem occured at the first time, I was removed all of the modification programs and the problem still poped up. Then I did what I mentioned.

my i8000l showing memory storage 0mb instead of 8Gb any solution please