HD2 T Mobile UK....STILL WAITING!

Guest jgtthd

Guest JPhilips
Interesting - I just spoke to Jordan too, and she didn't give me any such specific information. In fact, it seemed to be news to her when I mentioned that Gilbert from the T-Mo chat thing had told me it would be yesterday or today, and her only direct response to my enquiry about when it would be available was that "it isn't out yet".

Still, she agreed with my assertion that it's frustrating to be given conflicting information by each T-Mo rep I speak to, and deferred to Gilbert's better knowledge of handset availability as "he's in the upgrades team" (which seems to imply that Jordan isn't).

It seems that not only do we get different info from each T-Mo rep, but each T-Mo rep gives different info to each customer they speak to!

That is just so odd, because she even gave me the upgrade teams phone number : 0845 412-5000

and she even knew I had spoken to Gilbert yesterday, as I said I would be looking for an upgrade and gave 1 of my mobile numbers.

Of course there is 1 possible reason for this :

They only have like 5 names that different people get.

So 1 day someone is Jordon, next day they are Hayley, next day they are Katie etc.

So maybe 20 people are all Jordon, so you never really get the same person, just the perception that you are.

Edited by JPhilips

But anyway, she said that it should be today, but ONLY for upgrades, not for new contracts first. (She advised I call the upgrades team, as they get more information than the online chat people.

Just done just that - (T-Mobile business upgrades team) - and guess what - they had pricing for the first time ever, and so I've bought one. :)

BUT, she still didn't have it in stock, should be dispatched today, but maybe not, so now I'm waiting for a text message to say it has been dispatched.

One step forward. Still no actual cigar.

Guest pangel83
Just done just that - (T-Mobile business upgrades team) - and guess what - they had pricing for the first time ever, and so I've bought one. :D

BUT, she still didn't have it in stock, should be dispatched today, but maybe not, so now I'm waiting for a text message to say it has been dispatched.

One step forward. Still no actual cigar.

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered it for an upgrade :) Had to pay £50 though... Will be dispatched today for tommorow (Saturday). Woohoo!

Guest pangel83
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered it for an upgrade :) Had to pay £50 though... Will be dispatched today for tommorow (Saturday). Woohoo!

The guy also mentioned that it will be in shops next week.

Guest JPhilips

That's just odd.

I just spoke to Lee in upgrades. (probably not business upgrades though).

And he said the base handset cost is £381

And on the flex 35 (which I think the handset due for an upgrade is on) would cost me £141.

But he said he can't process the order as the handset is not on his system, and that I would have to call back middle of next week. (Wednesday onwards they should have information) - Which as we can see if different to what you got, and what I was told (Jordon) earlier today.

He said at the moment there are NOT special deal / pricing as the handset is not officially released with them, he said after the release it is usually a day or two for the deals to be available.

I through in the "It's now released on Vodafone, with 18 month £35 contract for free" he said based on my calling pattern (I am a very low user), that he has no information regarding pricing.

He said that they did do a deal on the Sony Satio (which he said is a £320 handset, but on a £40 a month contract for free).

So it is really mixed up, information is all over the place.

If they at least put (Available from Blah Blah date) we would know not to contact them until then.

But its different every single time.

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Just called 150 and spoke to business upgrades.

Free phone on combi 25 + WnW.

Despatched today for delivery before 1pm tomorrow - woo hoo!

(also text message just came through)

SF

(also text message just came through)

:) Goddamnit where's my text message!

edit: okay - text message received! - happy days.

Edited by WILBUR

Guest pangel83
Anyone had any luck with normal, non-business upgrades?

mine was non-business. the guy initially said that the phone is not out yet, but I asked him to double-check, because I've heard of people who got it... and presto! :)

Guest Swampie
mine was non-business. the guy initially said that the phone is not out yet, but I asked him to double-check, because I've heard of people who got it... and presto! :)

What sorts of prices are people seeing? I'm on Flext 25 + WnW with 50% Friends and Relatives discount - I think it works out at about £33pm before the discount. All the upgrade prices quoted to me on My T-Mobile seem quite high (HD2 not showing yet) - the Compact V is £214 for me to upgrade. Whereas a similar priced new £35pm contact (18 months) is £97. A new Flext40 contract would give the Compact 4 for £57.

Last time I upgraded, I managed to haggle on price because others were getting good prices on the Vario 3. I'm 8 months out of contract, so I don't know if that would have made a difference to an otherwise, low spend user. I may be happier to move up a tariff if it helps - but not above £40pm (£20pm after discount).

Any chance that the website charges more than a CS person would? (I'm hoping!)

Edited by Swampie

Guest JPhilips
What sorts of prices are people seeing? I'm on Flext 25 + WnW with 50% Friends and Relatives discount - I think it works out at about £33pm before the discount. All the upgrade prices quoted to me on My T-Mobile seem quite high (HD2 not showing yet) - the Compact V is £214 for me to upgrade. Whereas a similar priced new £35pm contact (18 months) is £97. A new Flext40 contract would give the Compact 4 for £57.

Last time I upgraded, I managed to haggle on price because others were getting good prices on the Vario 3. I'm 8 months out of contract, so I don't know if that would have made a difference to an otherwise, low spend user. I may be happier to move up a tariff if it helps - but not above £40pm (£20pm after discount).

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Compact V is £24.26

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Blackberry bold is £34.04

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Sony Ericsson C905 is £34.04

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Vario IV is £122.13

Guest Swampie
On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Compact V is £24.26

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Blackberry bold is £34.04

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Sony Ericsson C905 is £34.04

On Flext 35 + WnW 18 months, just finished, the Vario IV is £122.13

So, it looks like for £10 extra per month (and losing the 50% discount, I assume) - the handsets are £190 cheaper.

That extra £190, spread over 18 months is £10 per month. It seems to be that I'm better off keeping the 50% discount (and also not paying an extra £10 per month) and stump up £190 more for the handset... I think?!

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Call them on 150 and ask.

I got a free HD2 on Combi 25+ WnW works out at around £30 a month.

SF

I'm on Combi 35 + WnW (business account) and I had to fork out £130 to get it on a 12 month tariff, which is about what I would get on mobilephonesdirect for a new subscription (and I have a few high bills from roaming from time to time). It would have been free on 18m contract, but I'll clearly need a new handset next Christmas!

Guest tsutton

Copied from my post at http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/295432/view-topic/

IT'S OUT NOW!!!

But only if you get to the correct channel! Some of them will fob you off with excuses like "it's not due till december", others wil say "wait 48 hours"

Keep trying and if you get to the correct person, they will be able to help you.

However no good news for me. I am on Flext 20 plans. Yes, it's tiny which means I have to pay £331 for it if I want it. Upgrading to Flext 75 will get you a free HTC HD2 handset. Or for Flext 35, it will be a £181 handset.

Was told to call back a few weeks time when the phone is on the T-Mobile website and to check again as they might be runing a special deal prices.

Disappointing for me... but good luck for you all!!

Guest JPhilips
I'm on Combi 35 + WnW (business account) and I had to fork out £130 to get it on a 12 month tariff, which is about what I would get on mobilephonesdirect for a new subscription (and I have a few high bills from roaming from time to time). It would have been free on 18m contract, but I'll clearly need a new handset next Christmas!

Just spoke to 150 (after going through business upgrades to personal upgrades).

I spoke to a nice enough guy, he told me that the handsets on upgrade BEFORE any discounts are £350

He said that I am eligible for £240 per handset discount.

So if I wanted a phone right now, I would have to pay £110, this is on my current tariff FlexT 35 + WnW.

I said what other tariffs and prices have you got, he said that he cannot see other tariffs for this handset, other than what people are currently on. (So I couldn't for example change to a combi or anything).

He said that it's not worth paying that much for it, when in a weeks time, the prices will be be cheaper or free.

He said that he would call me back, as soon as the other tariffs are viewable and selectable.

Guest Swampie

Started off for me (Flext35 + WnW with 50% Friends/Relatives discount) at £381.70! (That's more than the base price someone else said was £350). I asked about the size of discount I got, and was told £50.

I then asked whether I could do anything to my tariff to make a significant difference to that value and she went and checked, and I said how the friends and relations discount probably was why the phone price was so high, and she then said "Oh, I missed that, that's another £200 discount then" - which she then took it down to £181.71.

Didn't go for it, as it's still a big figure, and I'm not 100% sure about the phone yet - but might be helpful to others.

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Doh...

Didn't think of that... my contract is 18months... figured it would be around the right time for WinMo 8 :)

Guest Evilkern

I just rang up and was quoted 181 as well:O

HTC touch 2 is free though - gotta decide what to do.

Does anyone know if for example the companies that were selling HD2 a few days ago, I would be able to upgrade through them, being on Friends and Family discount?

Guest Shadowfixeruk

So my HD2 that *will arrive before 1pm* on Saturday isn't here.

Evidently its now at some point on monday and needs signing for.

great :)

#tmobilefail

Guest thelondonthing
So my HD2 that *will arrive before 1pm* on Saturday isn't here.

Evidently its now at some point on monday and needs signing for.

great :)

#tmobilefail

Same boat here - I was looking forward to my lie-in this morning, but I was up and about at half 7 to await my delivery... Called T-Mobile this afternoon, and was told that it's due for delivery "by Tuesday". Got the Royal Mail tracking number for it as well, and the parcel is currently sitting at a sorting office 120 miles away.

Still, the problems with Royal Mail have been well documented by the media lately; I'm willing to chalk this up to postal problems, rather than a "T-Mobile fail".

Same boat here - I was looking forward to my lie-in this morning, but I was up and about at half 7 to await my delivery... Called T-Mobile this afternoon, and was told that it's due for delivery "by Tuesday". Got the Royal Mail tracking number for it as well, and the parcel is currently sitting at a sorting office 120 miles away.

Still, the problems with Royal Mail have been well documented by the media lately; I'm willing to chalk this up to postal problems, rather than a "T-Mobile fail".

me too. ordered just after 10 on Friday, waiting like a little kid at xmas on saturday morning, gutted by saturday afternoon. And of course as I had it delivered to my home address so unless it comes early doors i'll be at work! Hey ho. One last day of playing Battle for Mars on my G1 won't be too bad...

Guest Shadowfixeruk
me too. ordered just after 10 on Friday, waiting like a little kid at xmas on saturday morning, gutted by saturday afternoon. And of course as I had it delivered to my home address so unless it comes early doors i'll be at work! Hey ho. One last day of playing Battle for Mars on my G1 won't be too bad...

Just got mine in the mail.

all i have to do now is find some time to play with it!

Edit : in the box contents - i am supposed to have a "pouch" ... none present - did anyone else get one? or is it just my box that this is missing from?

FYI My box\phone is HTC branded with just a simple TMobile animation at Startup\Shutdown. :)

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk