HD2 available now at Vodafone

Guest WILBUR

Guest zabique32

I have ordered it yesterday! but now there is a problem :/

Currently Samsung Omnia + 12 months contract 250min + 100 texts = 30 pounds. My contract expire 30 Dec 2009.

I have logged in to vodafone account and clicked UPGRADE HANDSET page. Then it displayed list of phones available to pick, of course I have choose HD2 but I had to pay extra 60 pounds charge to get it.

Seems like fantastic deal instead of UPGRADE PHONE AND PLAN to 24months contract 900min + unlimited text and internet for 35 pounds a month.

So my order was processed and after while I'm getting Email from VF saying:

Hello Dominik Z

We’re writing to let you know that your recent upgrade order has been processed.

We’ll email you again to let you know when your new handset has been dispatched.

Thanks for extending your contract with Vodafone for a further 24 months.

WHAAAT?! I just have upgraded handset not plan!

So now I have to wait until Monday to speak to one of the upgrades advisors :/

This is my first upgrade, but as I understand when you choose to upgrade handset only then it mean it's extended for same period of time as initial contract?

AM I RIGHT?

Edited by zabique32

Guest GodsGift
This is my first upgrade, but as I understand when you choose to upgrade handset only then it mean it's extended for same period of time as initial contract?

AM I RIGHT?

I think most providers will automatically tie you in to a 24 month contract unless you specify otherwise.

GG

Upgraded online on Thursday...

Told not available for 7-10days...

Called this morning, still no stock, maybe this week

Asked why new connections were receiving theirs

Told diferent warehouse!?

Surely current / upgrade customers should be given equal if not preferential treatment when a new mobile comes into stock???

Am tempted to cancel my upgrade and place a fresh new order....

Guest zabique32
Upgraded online on Thursday...

Told not available for 7-10days...

Called this morning, still no stock, maybe this week

Same here :)

Regarding change of my contract from 12 to 24 months, customer service told me that it's 18 months not 24 like in e-mail they sent. I still feel cheated! because nowhere on VF website it stated that my contract period is changing.

Guest Electronic Punk

Also stuck in the same queue.

However, about a month ago I changed my contract to the cheapest one going in a Vodafone store, so I am on £15 a month, I asked they do this while making sure it wasn't extending my contract as I said I was waiting for a worthy phone to upgrade to.

So yes, I am also on a 24 month contract but at only $15 a month with a free upgrade to a HD2 winging its way to me.

Working that out £15 x 25 months is £360 over the two years, bit of a steal I think.

Guest FutureDirt

I did my upgrade with Voda yesterday... the guy i was speaking to seemed to know exactly what he was on about which is unusual for Vodafone Customer Services.

Anyway... he told me that Voda got 1000 units in last week and they all went within a day... mostly fulfilling pre-orders.

He also said that there are rumours of some more stock coming in next week.

Anyway... im in the queue so im hoping sooner rather then later obviously!

Guest GodsGift
I did my upgrade with Voda yesterday... the guy i was speaking to seemed to know exactly what he was on about which is unusual for Vodafone Customer Services.

Anyway... he told me that Voda got 1000 units in last week and they all went within a day... mostly fulfilling pre-orders.

Anyway... im in the queue so im hoping sooner rather then later obviously!

Think you are kidding yourself and he was lying.

I have spoken to four people at vodafone today and am not happy. There is not more stock until mid december and the web site has been changed and one person at vodafone responded with a LOL when I said it was the HTC HD2.

and I ordered mine on Friday afternoon as a new customer.

am now trying to source one from a friend at O2...

GG

(really not happy with vodafone)

Guest FutureDirt

I have spoken to four people at vodafone today and am not happy. There is not more stock until mid december and the web site has been changed and one person at vodafone responded with a LOL when I said it was the HTC HD2.

GG

To be fair... he did say "rumours".

Also... when i first called in about this device ( on the 11th), i was told that there is no stock at all until at least the first week of Dec. This has been the official stance from the get go it seems.

Guest FutureDirt
There were no pre-orders afaik.

I cant confirm whether there were previous orders that have been fulfilled but i can confirm that Voda are definately taking pre-orders now.... if you can call them that.

What they are doing is putting everyone that wants this device as an upgrade into a list.

When the stock comes in they will be calling these people to confirm whether or not they still want the handset.

Not sure about new orders though.

Guest FutureDirt

So then gentlemen and ladies.... i now have an HD2 in my hand... wahaay!

All i did was walk into my local Vodafone store and lo and behold they had it in stock.

I would suggest that those of you wanting one right now on Voda do the same... looks like if you order from Customer Services you wont be getting one for a couple of weeks at least.

Guest zabique32
looks like if you order from Customer Services you wont be getting one for a couple of weeks at least.

Dear Customer

Thanks for your recent order of the HTC HD2 on Vodafone

We have received unprecedented demand for the HTC HD2, and due to shortages from the manufacturer – we are experiencing slight delays in receiving your handset. We are doing everything we can to obtain further stock and will be the first to receive the next deliveries. Currently we expect these to arrive early in December.

Rest assured we will contact you as soon as we confirm this delivery and can then dispatch your order as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Kind regards

Adam Worman

Vodafone Sales Response

Time to cancel my order and look for it somewhere else.

Guest GodsGift

GG

whoop whoop, ignore everything i said!!!!

After my problems with vodafone on Friday ordering and being told mon/tues/thurs/fri/mon/mid december ... mine turned up this afternoon !!!

so i think voda got a new delivery.... fingers crossed a few more people get theirs

Cheers,

GG

Guest Scoot72

Have had the blurb previously mentioned with the online VF customer service, got wait until early Dec. Just thought I would call in the VF shop today, asked if they had stock and they said they had but wanted to nail me for £40 a month for 24 months!!

The HD2 was not on display, not even a dummy and when I asked to see it, it was reluctantly brought from the back and then the sales assistant tried everything possible to put me off saying it was too big, no good, etc, etc, and do me a deal on the Samsung H1!!

Clearly VF are holding back the HD2 stock they do have sitting around in stores and trying to push the totally inferior Samsung H1.

I'm not too pleased myself, but I really want this phone so I'm just going to have to wait for them to send it but I sure won't be cancelling for the H1 which is what I think they are hoping to achieve.

Guest FutureDirt
whoop whoop, ignore everything i said!!!!

After my problems with vodafone on Friday ordering and being told mon/tues/thurs/fri/mon/mid december ... mine turned up this afternoon !!!

so i think voda got a new delivery.... fingers crossed a few more people get theirs

Cheers,

GG

Have fun with it!

Edited by FutureDirt