i8000 (Omnia 2) - IGO 8 Version

Guest c_arivazhagan

Guest spyro80
Hi all i just got my omnia 2 and try to intall igo8 i done all i can with it for the life of me it want accept it,

It asks for original SD when i try to open can somebody give me a step by step istructions how to sort it

cheers

i had this prob also, when i deleted sys.txt file it worked perfectly

backup it first in case it was a lucky strike

Guest firefly2k3

How to set iGO8 (8.3.1.57021) to use a particular map.

My default installation had Europe maps and used to show some country which I am not sure.

I removed all maps and copied only Australia map in the folder.

Now I get only green background and sky.

Any suggestions?

Note: I haven't got a GPS position fix yet. It keeps searching through all satellites. gave up after 20 mins.

Edit: Tried again in the night from balcony of my 27th floor apartment and got a GPS Fix. it is showing the australia map now.

Edited by firefly2k3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BrianRS
Hello,

Would you please tell your case in details...how about the error msg u have when u click igo8.exe?

For your info, Igo does not need installation...u can just copy the directory to your storage card. But takecare, the trick is that all the IGO setting is in a file called sys.txt in the same folder...you have to write the correct bath of your IGO folder in order to run smoothly....

Guys, I think the part responsible for the GPS in the ROM is the phone part, which might be different version than the ROM...

Hence, I guess when you report your GPS status, you should tell us the Phone version you are using as well as of course the WM version.

Thanks

Well my device, won't start the iGO application either. iGO ver.8.3.4.102680, on Samsung i8000 running WM 6.5 (secany ROM ver. PDA:I8000XXIL5; CSC:I8000NXXIL5; PHONE: I8000XXIL2);

Copyed the iGO folder on My Storage, and replaced sys.txt with the one posted on this topic.

My error message is: "Failed to open file: ui_igo8_da/480_800/main_scheme.ui exiting application"

Please advise......10X.

Brian.

Guest Ender Psp

Here is the content of my sys.txt, I'm using IGO8 8.3.2.91972 and kikker 3.2 skin

Working without any issues. It is set to run default in landscape mode.

If you need it in portrait, replace this line:

class="landscape" with class="portrait" (or just comment one and uncomment the other)

[folders]

;app="Internal Storage/iGO8"

app="Storage Card/IGO8"

;[utility]

;utilitymov=",1,\My Storage\IGO8,"

;utilitydel=",2,\My Storage\iGO8,"

[interface]

minzoom2D=40

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_zoombar=1

show_exit=1

defaulttilt3d=7980

skip_contact_import=1

vga=1

;width=240

;height=320

resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]

gx_disable_detect=1

gx_force_using_dll=1

driver="GX"

rawdisplay=GX

highres=0

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

stretch=0

class="landscape"

;class="portrait"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8250

3d_max_zoomlevel = 500

3d_max_zfar = 500

3d_zfar_horizon_ratio = 200

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3500

3dcarsizemax=5000

3dcarsizemul=10000

fake2d_max_zoomlevel = 3000

roadblockicon_maxzoom = 2000

[debug]

skip_eula=1

enable_roadshadow=1

disable_outlookpoi=1

fov=40

cache=8192

;show_performance=1

;show_device_type=1

;show_rawdisplay_info=1

;double_pixel_mode=1

;doublepixel_stable_frame_time=700

[msnd]

msnd.start=0

enabled=0

[poi]

enable_pois_before_080217=1

[loading]

show_statustext=1

Guest nonama

Hello there,

I'm running ver 8.3.4 on O2 6.5, every thing is ok except my screen, it's going to 'Lock Screen' after a few minute operation. How to disabled 'Lock Screen' while I'm running IG0?

Edited by nonama

Guest BrianRS
Hello there,

I'm running ver 8.3.4 on O2 6.5, every thing is ok except my screen, it's going to 'Lock Screen' after a few minute operation. How to disabled 'Lock Screen' while I'm running IG0?

Now is' t OK 4 me 2. It's working, but I have 2 problems: The one above: with the locking screen; And the second: it takes around at least 10 min. to establish a valid position 4 me (outside-while driving, no indoor testing).

Anyone....??

10X

Brian.

Guest MihaiP

@ Brian : the explanation is simple. Locking while driving will always take longer than locking while stationary. You need 3 satellites to establish a position and a 4th for confirmation, but you are moving, you are changing the position every second.

you can read a very simple explanation here

Edited by MihaiP

Guest dani_carrabba
the POI icon looks so small, anyone know how to make it bigger, so it makes easier to view while driving...

please help!! really need bigger poi icon

• 2 weeks later...
Well my device, won't start the iGO application either. iGO ver.8.3.4.102680, on Samsung i8000 running WM 6.5 (secany ROM ver. PDA:I8000XXIL5; CSC:I8000NXXIL5; PHONE: I8000XXIL2);

Copyed the iGO folder on My Storage, and replaced sys.txt with the one posted on this topic.

My error message is: "Failed to open file: ui_igo8_da/480_800/main_scheme.ui exiting application"

Please advise......10X.

Brian.

i have the same issue. i think that this happens because in data.zip we do not have the 800_480 skin files...check the zip and look if u have them, i dont`t and i get the same error.

can some one post the data.zip file here, with this folder in it please?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prinpellino
Here is mine. I hope it helps.

My version is 8.3.2

Hi.I installed your "sys.txt" file 'cause my igo8 vrs. 8.3.4.102680 running in small size screen. Now igo8 takes all available screen, but when i choice the landscape mode, it restarts always in portrait mode!!! How can I do? Many thanks ;-)

@ Brian : the explanation is simple. Locking while driving will always take longer than locking while stationary. You need 3 satellites to establish a position and a 4th for confirmation, but you are moving, you are changing the position every second.

you can read a very simple explanation here

Hi Mihai,

I see you're getting iGO working on Omnia2.

Before going to service, I would prefer to test a working configuration. Would you please post your configuration (PDA+CSC+eBOOT)?

My GPS was never working after WM6.5 upgrade and, unfortunately, I have never tested it with the original WM6.1.

I've tried Secany's ROMS (IJ9, IK5, JA5) without success.

Please advice,

Regards,

Ovidiu

Guest Dado...

iGO8 v8.3.4.117940 data.zip and branding zip for Omnia 2 i8000 (tested)

- Omnia WVGA resolution 800x480 and 480x800 support

- support DA (driver alert) in latest version iGO8 v8.3.4.117940

- no other resolution in this release... not for Omnia i900

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357379/data.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357746/branding.zip

sys.txt for microSD card

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

skin="ui_igo8_da"

shutdown_time=0

vga=0

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

autoconfig=1

driver="GDI"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=7800

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3000

3dcarsizemax=4500

3dcarsizemul=10000

[feature]

signpost_coloring=1

If you place iGO8 on My storage change this line in sys.txt

[folders]

app="My Storage/iGO8"

Guest Dado...

IGO Amigo data.gro and branding.gro

- Omnia WQVGA resolution 400x240 and 240x400 support (can use in Omnia 2 with correct sys.txt - see below)

- support all Amigo version

- no other resolution in this release... can use in Omnia i900 and Omnia i8000 (tested)

http://rapidshare.com/files/351362855/data.gro

http://rapidshare.com/files/351363093/branding.gro

sys.txt

[interface]

resolution_dir="400_240"

skin="ui_igo_easy"

[smartzoom]

minangle=85

maxangle=85

[map]

2dheadup=1

3dlandmarks="1"

3dbuildings="1"

3ddem="3"

3dterrain="1"

3droads="1"

[rawdisplay]

driver=GDI

highres=1

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

stretch=0

[power]

powermgm_state=0

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

shutdown_time=0

[gps]

Port=7

Baud=57600

[registry]

oninit1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD:0"

oninit4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD:0"

onexitreset1="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\ACSuspendTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset2="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\Timeouts\BattSuspendTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset3="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\BatteryTimeout:DWORD"

onexitreset4="HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ACTimeout:DWORD"

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that if I mute the sound in IGO it mutes the whole phone and doesn't revert to original volume on exit.

The phone volume remains on 0. Not muted, not vibrate. So you have no way to notice that.

That made me missing 7 call from my wife and almost brought me to divorce with serious adultery allegations.

Does someone know the way to handle it?

Guest pavel1234546
Friends,

I have iGo 8.3.2.64029 - Nov 7 2008.

It takes more than 5 mins to LOCK the GPS Satellites.

Those who have perfectly working iGo version (with i8000), please report the below.

This would certainly help many of us looking for the best iGo version for i8000 (or Omnia 2)

iGo Version & release date

COM Port number

Baud rate

Thanks, Ari

Same problem here !

Guest barki82
Same problem here !

This is working in my Omnia Pro B7610:

- iGO8_PDA_R1_Patch_R3_8.3.2.124260

- Port:7

- baud rate: 4800

- I also installed Gurjon skin (Gurjon Skin 6.15p_da_480x800_800x480)

- TMC is working also, follow steps in redhead910's topic here TMC

Don't forget to update xtra data sometimes. To enable automatic update when you connect to a WiFi just go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/RIL/GPS/XTRA/AutoDownloadWifi and change the value from 0 to 1. I also posted a collection of my sys.txt files. Look 3 posts above.

Edited by barki82

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CaptainHakan
iGO8 v8.3.4.117940 data.zip and branding zip for Omnia 2 i8000 (tested)

- Omnia WVGA resolution 800x480 and 480x800 support

- support DA (driver alert) in latest version iGO8 v8.3.4.117940

- no other resolution in this release... not for Omnia i900

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357379/data.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/351357746/branding.zip

sys.txt for microSD card

[folders]

app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=1

skin="ui_igo8_da"

shutdown_time=0

vga=0

[rawdisplay]

highres=0

autoconfig=1

driver="GDI"

[map]

2dheadup=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=7800

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=3000

3dcarsizemax=4500

3dcarsizemul=10000

[feature]

signpost_coloring=1

If you place iGO8 on My storage change this line in sys.txt

[folders]

app="My Storage/iGO8"

i couldn't manage to make it work by myself own. And i was almost gonna give up till i've seen your post. You saved me lots of time ... really appreciated <_< i confirm it is working with Dado's settings on Samsung OmniaII i8000

Guest chrysstyann

I had problems with GPS signal - I could not connect the GPS in the phone - I fixed this problem.

I have another big problem now: it disconnects the signal very often ...

I have also used Garmin but I did not have this problem...

some ideas?

Guest CaptainHakan

i've read about it in a user manual that u should try to change the baud rates to find out which suits u best considering how fast u lock to satellites and how often u disconnect. I'm not really sure which baud rate fits our omniaII i8000 the best tho.... I use gsm software port= com7 gps hardware port= com9 and baud rate=4800 with no big disapointments about gps connection at all. But i've seen other omnia owners complaining about the low quality gps reciever chosen by samsung for our high tech(!) omnias. So your problem might be about hardware as well. They think sirf brand gps recievers are the best. I also own an Asus P535 with built in sirf gps reciever and in my advocant opinion there's not dramatic difference with P535's gps connection and i8000's gps connection acording to my own personal experience. By my side software u use really matters on how fast and reliable my gps connection is. For instance it takes too much time for "amigo" to fix the sattelites when igo 8 latest build fixes the sattelites almost simultaneously !

Guest Jim McKenzie

Hello, I have a problem with IGO on my I8000.

I copied the entire IGO folder from my I900 that I previously had and now when I start it on I8000 it comes to "initializing warning data" and stays there for 5-10 minutes after eventually it ends with some kind of error. I also copied entire new "data.zip" and sys file but didn`t get much help either...

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.