Flashing using 64bit Windows 7

Guest KSTAN

Guest Mudvayne622

So do these instructions also work for the i920? Yes i am running windows 7 x64 and i have syncd my phone a few times already. Also is Octans similar to the Omnia UMDL and Grandpri? Like does it do the same thing as them?

Edited by Mudvayne622

Guest TheEndGame7

Everytime I turn my phone OFF and connect it to the computer in DEVICE MANAGER I see the Samsung MITs driver but as soon as the BATTERY CHARGING INDICATER turns on it "Magically Disappers"? Any idea's and YES I READ and READ the 1st post over and over! Using WIN 7 64bit

Guest daniabelleira

It works fine on win 7 64 bits.... thanks. My main problem was that the Octans doesn't detect the Omnia, so the step is ... when the Octans is opened and the fields are filled, click detect, then un unplug the USB, and plug in... so the START DOWNLOADING is activated !!! press it and wait.... it takes 15 minutes, when the phrase JOB LAUNCHED is showed it is finilished.

Take into account that if the SIM is inside the phone, when the process is finished it will ask to Setup automatically the SIM, select YES.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tahirkhan
i have this messages in octans

WinUSB_queryinterfacesetting Error 1

WinUSB_querypipe Error 1

Setpipepolicy error 1

WinUSB_initialize

-

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows 7

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&25cc7127&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

same problem i am facing.. did u find a solution??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest manigruber

[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&c0aa250&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

an then i wait and wait .. but nothing goes on =/

can someone help me?

Guest av1gains
Hi guys,

You can now flash your O2 ROM using x64 Windows 7.

Procedure

1. Press F8 before windows boot (after bios).

2. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and boot up windows.

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC / laptop (Phone must be off).

4. The driver Samsung MITs USB sync will be installed.

5. Open Device Manager, double-click on Samsung MITs USB sync and re-install with driver provided below.

6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).

7. Then right-click on Octans Downloader->Compatibility, select "Windows XP (SP3)" and check "Run as Administrator".

8. Flash as per normal... :P

Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

I have tested and flashed it numerous times without any issue.

Do not try on vista as I'm not sure.

i8000_x64.rar

This is the great help to me with windows 7 x64. been study with many forum, this make my omnia flashing work. :( :(

Guest vinzSG
[setup] Windows XP

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&c0aa250&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

an then i wait and wait .. but nothing goes on =/

can someone help me?

same error here anyone have any solutions for this one

also add...this messages appear also "winusb pipe error,winusb error....something like that error messages....

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pepa.Sajdler

Well, the driver works well, but after restarting I did experience problems with other USB devices (headphones, flash drives, Belking USB hub etc.. not working) - I had to manually update the Samsung MITs USB sync driver to the latest version available.

1. Restart Windows in normal configuration //with Driver Signature Enforcement
  2. Switch off your phone and connect to computer
  3. In the device manager right click on the driver and click on "Check for hardware changes" (not sure about the translation, I'm using czech windows) - I wasn't able just to update the driver, it was grayed out.
  4. After a while the updated driver came on - during the detection windows might freeze, don't restart, just wait a moment.
I guess it might be caused by me, having lots of USB staff connected :P, Anyway - hope this might help someone.

Guest ElfFAcE
Try this at your own risk, i can't garantee that it will work.

How to disable Driver signing in Windows 7?

This works without having to press F8 on bootup to disable driver signing.

Go to the Start menu and type cmd.exe in the Search Bar. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

If you have the UAC turned on, choose Yes to proceed. Otherwise, you should see the command windows opened already. In the shell window, copy paste the following and hit Enter.

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

After you reboot you will get a see a new stamp in the bottom right of the screen "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7600"

Now all of the unsigned drivers you have for x64 will work and load fine.

It doesn't work for me !

can u help me plz .

what am i do ??!

Guest ElfFAcE

Go to the Start menu and type cmd.exe in the Search Bar. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

If you have the UAC turned on, choose Yes to proceed. Otherwise, you should see the command windows opened already. In the shell window, copy paste the following and hit Enter.

After you reboot you will get a see a new stamp in the bottom right of the screen "Test Mode, Windows 7, Build 7600"

It doesn't work for me !

can u help me plz .

what am i do ??!

Guest ElfFAcE

It doesn't work for me !

can u help me plz .

what am i do ??!

Guest damagi

Hmm, I'm running into similar problems. When my phone is off and I plug it into the usb port it will detect, then after a couple seconds it will disconnect. Any ideas here?

Guest mzabu

HI KSTAN,

Please help me in this,

i followed your instruction carefully "first time i flash my omnia 2 no problem at all" flashed successfully

but now i tried to flash my friend's omnia 2 (WM 6.1) (updated the driver already) after click the Detect button nothing happens.

then i tried mine again to see whether its detecting but nothing.

mine is Win7 64bit.

Hi guys,

You can now flash your O2 ROM using x64 Windows 7.

Procedure

1. Press F8 before windows boot (after bios).

2. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and boot up windows.

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC / laptop (Phone must be off).

4. The driver Samsung MITs USB sync will be installed.

5. Open Device Manager, double-click on Samsung MITs USB sync and re-install with driver provided below.

6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).

7. Then right-click on Octans Downloader->Compatibility, select "Windows XP (SP3)" and check "Run as Administrator".

8. Flash as per normal... :)

Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

I have tested and flashed it numerous times without any issue.

Do not try on vista as I'm not sure.

i8000_x64.rar

post-423621-1274103208_thumb.jpg

Edited by mzabu

• 1 month later...
Guest row hide in

WinUSB_querypipe Error 1

Setpipepolicy error 1

WinUSB_initialize

-

[setup] Windows 7

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&25cc7127&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

yap, same problem... :)

Guest taziwac

I FINALLY got it to work. The key was changing Octans so that it was running in XP SP3 mode. I know that was in the instructions, but I kept breezing past that step.

Guest Zebak

WinUSB_querypipe Error 1

Setpipepolicy error 1

WinUSB_initialize

-

[setup] Windows 7

I am seeing the same error on Windows 7 SP1 x86 ...

• 1 month later...
Guest Extremegmx

Hey i want to flash my O2 but I get stuck here:

24m-1111.png

PLS help me im so angry, I trying to flash my phone for 2 hours now but with no luck :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Damn step ... and not mentioned a lot either!!

I read a lot of answers. Although I flashed the omnia 1-2 times in the past and my HTCs earlier than that, I was missing ONE MAJOR STEP!!

I tried to flash the omnia this time at least 5-6 times with the usbinitialize problem.

Tried with admin privilages (although I had the service off),

Turned OFF, Turned ON ... nothing would work. (Yes the modem and the driver were done).

PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION:

REMEMBER TO GO TO YOUR OCTANS THEN PROPERTIES AND SET THE COMPATIBILITY TO WINDOWS XP3 !!!

That way it will work on windows 7!!

If you don't do that you will stay there wondering what the problem might be!!

If anybody found this useful, send me a msg!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If your USB connection to your phone keeps connecting and then disconnecting, Windows 7 may be forcing the use of a previously installed, signed Samsung USB driver. If so, you may have to uninstall/delete this driver before you install the new 64 bit driver. Otherwise, Windows 7 keeps trying to use the signed version even with digitally signed option disabled.

This approach fixed my issue. I hope it helps other as well.

W James

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MoDarKau

For people who is stuck after following line:

Try to set compatibility to XP SP3 and start Octans Mini using native Windows 7 Explorer, it works for me. It appears when running non native file browser programs --especially 32 bit ones-- it will fail to start Octans Mini in XP SP3 compatibility mode. It happens with me while using FreeCommander 32 bit. :P