[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

the same problem solved deleting the folder in the new os sys...(duplicated folders really annoying problem...) ;)

Yup. Got it done quite a while ago. Thanks anyway.

I got also a buildos error "creating shadow order file..." the file ….75f623184bda.dsm already exists.

Solved it was a double file...

Edited by kibiwi

I wanna ask this question:

other than deleting files, editing .rgu files and .provxml files, is there any other things needed to be done to make sure it's clean?

and what does initflashfile.dat file stores? start menu shortcuts, etc?

Guest rodrigofd
I wanna ask this question:

other than deleting files, editing .rgu files and .provxml files, is there any other things needed to be done to make sure it's clean?

and what does initflashfile.dat file stores? start menu shortcuts, etc?

Basically you're set with that.

Initflashfiles is kind of a batch file that is processed at first boot, and allows to copy files from base \windows dir, to a specific directory structure (only COPY files, not MOVE, so remember you are duplicating files and thus using additional storage space, so use it wisely).

If you edit initflashfiles, save it as Unicode, but after saving, edit it on a Hex editor, and remove first two bytes.

Guest enrico988

Hi, i'm trying to port my dump to a new windows build (28205) from wm6.5

I have an error in BuildOS --> temp/dump/riched20.dll/imageinfo.bin already exists.

I copied riched20 folder in myrom's SYS as KSTAN said some posts ago.

Why I get this error, and what's the role of riched20.dll in the OS?

Thanks

edit: solved, cause riched20.dll was also in older BaseApps folder.

Edited by enrico988

Guest abdelrahim

Sounds interesting....I have been flashing different ppcs for my self and my friends since the time of old xdas using different Roms but never thought of HOW they were cooked....Thanks alot for sharing ...

Guest masci81

Hello Rodrigo, thanks for the guide. I tried to cook a ROM but I got stuck after the first stage. I have some questions for you because I have some doubts.

1 - the rom to unpack may be one of secany or is it imperative to do a dump on my phone?

2--I got to breakdown all the split files in various folders and I understand how do I delete what I do not need looking to LOG Posted by Wes, but why there is no trace of the RGU file? i don't find it in any folder ...

thks

Guest enrico988
13. open os.nb.new.new in 010editor, make sure filesize (scroll dwn to the end to check hex value of filesize) can be divided by 1f800 (hex). then run tools-> checksum, select checksum32. note the values and invert it eg , 81aa0e56 --> change to 560eaa81.

14. insert the header (1kb) in front of os.nb.new.new, change the rom size in bytes 0x0004h (values in reverse also), and the value in 0x0008h (rom size divide by 1f800, in reverse also), and checksum value in 0x000Ch.

14. save the file as XXX.nb0. You are done with ur ROM.

Hi all, I need an explanation on those points.

13. I checked the filesize can be divided by 1f800, and it's ok. Then, what I have to do with the inverted checksum?

14. Should I insert 1024 bytes of Zeros from address 0? I can't get also the changing of the rom size in reverse values...could someone explain it to me?

Thanks a lot :D

edit: Ok, solved!

Edited by enrico988

Basically you're set with that.

Initflashfiles is kind of a batch file that is processed at first boot, and allows to copy files from base \windows dir, to a specific directory structure (only COPY files, not MOVE, so remember you are duplicating files and thus using additional storage space, so use it wisely).

If you edit initflashfiles, save it as Unicode, but after saving, edit it on a Hex editor, and remove first two bytes.

thanks! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest samihussein

Rodrigofd, is there a tool that i can use to add/ remove apps from / to my rom and automatically update the .rgu and *.PROVXML and init file ?

removing apps from oem is really headache

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Khisha

Hello gentlemen.

I am looking for a tool to completely dump my current ROM with all the setting and installations for quick roll-back in case something is wrong with new ROM.

Could you point me to appropriate tool and provide instructions how to get my current ROM in .nbo file. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Guest kawgirlval69
Hello gentlemen.

I am looking for a tool to completely dump my current ROM with all the setting and installations for quick roll-back in case something is wrong with new ROM.

Could you point me to appropriate tool and provide instructions how to get my current ROM in .nbo file. Thank you.

its called rom dump tool....its been posted many times over in this forum...just do a search and it should pop right up :) btw ladies can have answers too!! ;)

Edited by kawgirlval69

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kefu

Hi,

I finished my first ROM.

I have a problem with changing the default wallpaper.

You know how can I change it during the cooking?

Edited by Kefu

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ajeshm

I have trying to cook a ROM and managed to get a Finished ROm. But when flash to my Omnia Pro(B7610), the device goes a reboot loop just after it shows the samsung splash screen. Please guide me where I am wrong and how to correct it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jermx

Seems like most of the chefs who were involved in helping to cook ROMs for the i8000 in the starting have left. They include RFD, KC and I will be leaving too (: Bye all. Off to the fruit phone family

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barrfind2

screenshot1lt.pngscreenshot2gwa.pngscreenshot3pl.png

hi guys.I have a problem with Sense 2012 .I have built rom,everything just works except for one thing.

when I want to change the date in sense nothing happens???

please help

problem solved

Edited by barrfind2

Guest ErnstJanF

Could someone please share a link to a ROM_DUMP.bin (English or Dutch) ?

I don't have the i8000 but i'd like to share my ROM's with you :angry:

• 2 months later...
Guest tom131274

Hi,

I hope someone can help. And while I want to Cook in my Rom Opera10 . But the registry is not applied correctly.

Opera is not for example set as default, etc.

Did any one Opera Oem folder to successfully cook Opera.

I would appreciate if someone could give a one Opera10 Oem folder with entries Registy

And another question where I sit before I cook the rom the cpu power to slow or high in the Registry. I cannot find the Registy entry

Thanks very mouch for help

Sorry for my bad Englsih

Greetz

tom

Here is my Sense Rom thread

http://www.handy-faq.de/forum/samsung_i800...e_roms_jh2.html

Edited by tom131274