[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Wow this is great news looking forward to it!! We can finally get rid of the useless bellware.

BTW Secany you said your offering an unlocking service. I'm interested in this since I'd rather give you my money then to BELL.

Thank you for your supporting. At the moment only i8000 on O2 is supported. i8000L on BELL and Verizon will support soon. Probably within the next 10 days.

Moreover, my site still didn't running yet :-p Hopefully it ready on next week.

PS: How much BELL charge for unlocking?

Thank you for your supporting. At the moment only i8000 on O2 is supported. i8000L on BELL and Verizon will support soon. Probably within the next 10 days.

Moreover, my site still didn't running yet :-p Hopefully it ready on next week.

PS: How much BELL charge for unlocking?

75 CAD it was originally 200 CAD till they changed it hahahahaha.

75 CAD it was originally 200 CAD till they changed it hahahahaha.

WTF????? My price will absolutely beat that sh&t.

Then anyone have idea how much T-Mobile charge to unlock a phone, especially samsung phone?

Guest Khuanchai

Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

While rodrigofd and wes are searching for best way to cook i8000 ROM, people may want to try my first dirty cooked ROM. This is for testing only. Don't ask me for more customization.

Brief Spec:

- Base ROM IK5 supplied by secany

- TouchWiz, Main Menu, Cube, help files, most ringtones, some images removed

- TouchFlo 3D 1.3 (with newest 3D driver) by chainfire added and set to be default

Download link in the second post on the first page.

I have no time to make screenshots. Help is welcome.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest unholygid2006
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

While rodrigofd and wes are searching for best way to cook i8000 ROM, people may want to try my first dirty cooked ROM. This is for testing only. Don't ask me for more customization.

Brief Spec:

- TouchFlo 3D 1.3 by chainfire added and set to be default

Nice!! But i think i'll wait for the ultra lite rom like the ones u provided for i900 in the past :D Gotta love your work!

Guest tacchan23
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

Download now and tomorrow I'll spend the day testing it! do you need any kind of feedback in particular?

Thanks a lot!

Can I ask if the problem about Language pack solved?

and the problem about removing "stuff" from the original ROM creating gaps in the memory?

P.S. if the questions are dumb and/or stupid just ignore them, I don't really understand the subject^^ just asking for curiosity :D

Edited by tacchan23

Guest carreab
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

You are the best. :D

Wow first custom rom coming out and by who? Mr. Khuanchai, I allways been your fan of the i900 roms which was the best overthere, so no doubt will continue with the i8000, wont disappoint you, will try it asap.

but prefer ultra lite rom.

thnks

Guest rodrigofd

I'll clarify on behalf Khuanchai, as he seems not to have much free time to support.

We currently have very limited skills on modifying official ROMs, actually no deep cooking is made, just some file add/removal and so.

Some tech info: No module rellocation currently works, which in other words mean that no big modification (E.G. change WM build) can be made yet.

To complicate further, we cannot yet mess with the language pack, so such files cannot be added/modified/removed... the solution for this will be an english-only official ROM, which i am waiting for Secany to provide me, to inspect partition tables, os.nb file structure, and other things.

SECANY if you read this... Khuanchai post DOES NOT MEAN we don't need your file anymore!!! :D Main issues hasn't been resolved, which limit much of the cooking that can actually be made.

Guest GinKage

Please, make sure you have also included hotfix and (most important) updated libgles_mn.dll to 0.256 version from GL driver thread. Otherwise text will be blurry.

Guest whiskeybro
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

thanks downloading now :D

Guest touchprogeek

Secany,

Thank you so very much for considering us i8000L users, we REALLY appreciate it! My Device ROM info is: PDA: I8000LUGIJ6, CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6, PHONE: I8000LUGIJ6. Hope that helps!

Khuanchai,

Can we flash our I8000L devices with your latest ROM? Or is this for I8000 users only? And a side question, do Samsung phones require a HardSPL to unlock the phone before ROM flashing like HTC phones need?

Guest Montgommery

Khuanchai, you are my hero.

Secany, you too.

Without you i was right before to drop my O2 and buy HD2 :c)

So i hope now some Lite ROM and 6.5.3 rom will follow.

Thank you very much.

I have flashed Khuanchai's ROM now. First comment:

Right after turning on the phone i have 70MB free. Some minutes later, after setting some ringtone, notification and so on.. the free memory is going down to 50MB :c)

Guest rodrigofd
Secany,

Thank you so very much for considering us i8000L users, we REALLY appreciate it! My Device ROM info is: PDA: I8000LUGIJ6, CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6, PHONE: I8000LUGIJ6. Hope that helps!

Khuanchai,

Can we flash our I8000L devices with your latest ROM? Or is this for I8000 users only? And a side question, do Samsung phones require a HardSPL to unlock the phone before ROM flashing like HTC phones need?

Hey touchprogeek, if you can provide me with the ROM dump from YOUR personal I8000L, i can try out and study, and make a custom I8000L rom, ...

what do you say? .

If you already know how to rip your CUBIC37.MLI, then do it and send it to me somewhay (Rapidshare, or other) .. if you don't, let me know and i explain it to you ..

Guest forelli
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

Nice effort Khuanchai! Is it a wm 6.5.x or just a 6.5 rom? Rodrigo was talking about a 28xxx branch, is it the from this branch?

Thanks

forelli

Guest mattb777
Nice effort Khuanchai! Is it a wm 6.5.x or just a 6.5 rom? Rodrigo was talking about a 28xxx branch, is it the from this branch?

Thanks

forelli

normal 6.5 based on secany's IK5 as stated in the post

Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

thanks for the first english custom ROM, it is simply awsome. the system feels faster than the stock one and built in TF3D is much faster and stable compare to install afterwords. samsung schedule hangs upon opening, as it is the IK5's bug, other than that, havent found any issues yet. had an error report after flashing but solved by hard reset, so i guess it is a MUST to hard reset after flashing. thanks again :D

one Q though: how do i get pic in my document/my pictures to show up in photo tab? thanks

Edited by Lancez

Guest Khuanchai

Friends,

As rodrigofd has told, we still don't have an appropriate tool to cook ROM for i8000. Its structure is quite different from other devices and needs a special kitchen. What we can do right now, while waiting for better tool coming, is to modify official ROM only. It's not possible to port those beta ROM for our device yet.

Nice!! But i think i'll wait for the ultra lite rom like the ones u provided for i900 in the past :D Gotta love your work!

It's not difficult but takes time to get rid of all Samsung programs. For me, some of them are better than M$ original programs so I left them there. I think rodrigofd has already made an UltraLite ROM. He may want to share.

Please, make sure you have also included hotfix and (most important) updated libgles_mn.dll to 0.256 version from GL driver thread. Otherwise text will be blurry.

Sorry, didn't mention that. I have included the newest GL driver from that thread. Thank you for your great work.

Download now and tomorrow I'll spend the day testing it! do you need any kind of feedback in particular?

Thanks a lot!

Can I ask if the problem about Language pack solved?

and the problem about removing "stuff" from the original ROM creating gaps in the memory?

P.S. if the questions are dumb and/or stupid just ignore them, I don't really understand the subject^^ just asking for curiosity :(

LANGPACK is included in the ROM. You can use any CSC but some language might not work.

For memory question, I don't know. :D

Secany,

Khuanchai,

I don't really know this can be used with i8000L.

Khuanchai, you are my hero.

Secany, you too.

Without you i was right before to drop my O2 and buy HD2 :c)

So i hope now some Lite ROM and 6.5.3 rom will follow.

Thank you very much.

I have flashed Khuanchai's ROM now. First comment:

Right after turning on the phone i have 70MB free. Some minutes later, after setting some ringtone, notification and so on.. the free memory is going down to 50MB :c)

I think the memory leak is quite normal for WM 6.5. Try to make X button to close program or try to use Titanium.

thanks for the first english custom ROM, it is simply awsome. the system feels faster than the stock one and built in TF3D is much faster and stable compare to install afterwords. samsung schedule hangs upon opening, as it is the IK5's bug, other than that, havent found any issues yet. had an error report after flashing but solved by hard reset, so i guess it is a MUST to hard reset after flashing. thanks again :D

one Q though: how do i get pic in my document/my pictures to show up in photo tab? thanks

Your question - I don't know. ;)

Edited by Khuanchai

well, i was able to display any pic without hotfix, but since it is already built in, i guess i'll have to live with it til better one comes out, i meant TF3D, :(

P.S. here is a HTC taskmanager that wilson@china and i found, u might wanna included in ur next release. being a long time fan of urs, i know u like it :D http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...tc-taskmanager/

Edited by Lancez

Guest Michael Pang

Is it rodrigofd is working on a cooking tools that can cook rom using 6.5.x ?

Friends,

As rodrigofd has told, we still don't have an appropriate tool to cook ROM for i8000. Its structure is quite different from other devices and needs a special kitchen. What we can do right now, while waiting for better tool coming, is to modify official ROM only. It's not possible to port those beta ROM for our device yet.

It's not difficult but takes time to get rid of all Samsung programs. For me, some of them are better than M$ original programs so I left them there. I think rodrigofd has already made an UltraLite ROM. He may want to share.

Sorry, didn't mention that. I have included the newest GL driver from that thread. Thank you for your great work.

LANGPACK is included in the ROM. You can use any CSC but some language might not work.

For memory question, I don't know. :(

I don't really know this can be used with i8000L.

I think the memory leak is quite normal for WM 6.5. Try to make X button to close program or try to use Titanium.

Your question - I don't know. :D

Guest rodrigofd
Is it rodrigofd is working on a cooking tools that can cook rom using 6.5.x ?

Yes, i am Michael...i've been doing it so for 2 weeks... it is extremely hard, because no one can provide vital information to this matter, and I8000 rom image has various differences from other roms, like HTC, so much of the XDA support is not applicable, so, aside from a contact directly from SAMSUNG, or SORG, who has repeatedly stated he won't help or share tools, we're basically on our own...

currently my best bet is wait for Secany's special ROM he promised me , maybe with it i can unveil the internals of ROM...

Guest whiskeybro
Lite TouchFlo 3D ROM IK5

Brief Spec:

- TouchFlo 3D 1.3 (with newest 3D driver) by chainfire added and set to be default

After some tweaks in TF3d ,installated Netf3.5 a taskbar and my programs i use every day (and thats a bunch :D

i can say this is the best rom for now

:free Ram 64 mb and free programstorage 53 mb.

its a good start ,and idd most of the samsung aps are great and could stay in the rom.

if we could find a solution for the tf3d bugs that was great,and replacing netfront 2.0 to 3.5 for the next relese and we have a nice rom to use every day

Thanks for sharing :(

Guest Khuanchai
Yes, i am Michael...i've been doing it so for 2 weeks... it is extremely hard, because no one can provide vital information to this matter, and I8000 rom image has various differences from other roms, like HTC, so much of the XDA support is not applicable, so, aside from a contact directly from SAMSUNG, or SORG, who has repeatedly stated he won't help or share tools, we're basically on our own...

currently my best bet is wait for Secany's special ROM he promised me , maybe with it i can unveil the internals of ROM...

In fact, it's not too bad that we can now modify the "dump" to make a lighter ROM. Although we can't add new modules in yet but at least we can add new files/registries in. The worst thing is we can't make the newer ROM (other than COM2 tree) but there is no such ROM officially anyway. I hope Samsung adopts new COM3 or COM5 trees to their devices soon and we can then cook the new ROM.

After some tweaks in TF3d ,installated Netf3.5 a taskbar and my programs i use every day (and thats a bunch :D

i can say this is the best rom for now

:free Ram 64 mb and free programstorage 53 mb.

its a good start ,and idd most of the samsung aps are great and could stay in the rom.

if we could find a solution for the tf3d bugs that was great,and replacing netfront 2.0 to 3.5 for the next relese and we have a nice rom to use every day

Thanks for sharing :(

It would be nice if someone can give me clues to correct TF3D bugs and I will add into the future ROM.

Edited by Khuanchai