Flashing Omnia on Windows 7 without wmware/XP mode

Guest broddoi

Guest broddoi

Here there are some simple steps I use for flashing on windows Seven...I hope it will help :D

1. Download the ROM of your choice

2. Download i900_EXEcutor.exe

3. Use it to extract the contents of your chosen ROM

4. Download Grand Prix VISTA 1.6.4

5. Run it and deselect "Start downloading immediately"

6. Select the GRANDPRIX LV image profile at the top

7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)

8. Turn phone off/plug into PC/turn on and press DETECT in Grandprix

9. When it comes up as found, press START DOWNLOADING

10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time

11. Done! :(

Guest darkhorse

Nice, but not new, I am using this method several weeks in Windows 7 x64, but... still isnt possible to flash phone.bin part this way becausemissing driver. So this is only incomplete method. Bye

Guest ronaldb3
Here there are some simple steps I use for flashing on windows Seven...I hope it will help :D

7. Click Loader/PDA/CSC one at a time, pointing them at the files your extracted (note that the CSC isn't always present)

10. Phone will reboot, and when the omnia logo comes up again, press START DOWNLOADING one more time

Hi broddoi,

I just got a new machine with Win 7 Prof. Will XP mode work?

Thanks,

Ron...

Guest darkhorse
Hi broddoi,

Thanks,

Ron...

XP mode working, but unable to flash phone.bin within it... it wont detect pda and unable to start flashing. I experimented with this, drivers installed... If someone have a succes to flash phone part with grandprix in xp mode in windows 7 x64, please share the trick. NO WMWARE method please. Thank You

Guest darkhorse
Hi broddoi,

Thanks,

Ron...

XP mode working, but unable to flash phone.bin within it... it wont detect pda and unable to start flashing. I experimented with this, drivers installed... If someone have a succes to flash phone part with grandprix in xp mode in windows 7 x64, please share the trick. NO WMWARE method please. Thank You

Guest broddoi
Hi broddoi,

Thanks,

Ron...

Why do you have to use XP mode??? I have Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and it works perfectly

Guest ronaldb3
Why do you have to use XP mode??? I have Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and it works perfectly

Hi broddoi,

By "it works perfectly" do you mean the zip/exe files the cooks here give us for flashing (not using Grandprix) which is the method I have been using???

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
had windows 7 since January and been usin this method its the same as vista so not new at all

Hi djtosh,

It makes sense that Win7 would be the same as vista. But I have been using XP to flash as suggest by the cooks. I had read that vista (now win7) used a different method (grandprix maybe) than just extracting and running the files provided by the cooks here using XP. So now I'm going from XP to win7. Will it now be different method for me?

Ron...

Guest lignum1966

Seems to be stuck forever after clicking on detect.

By the way , should I leave the box "phone bootloader update" ticked since I'm only trying to flash PDA ? Using win7 here by the way !

never mind , it got there eventually ! Slightly different on/off order than that suggested worked for me. Done my first flash but didnt like it so trying another rom now .

Edited by lignum1966

Guest broddoi
Hi broddoi,

By "it works perfectly" do you mean the zip/exe files the cooks here give us for flashing (not using Grandprix) which is the method I have been using???

Ron...

Maybe I don't understand you... You use i900 exe_cutor to extract customer.csc, eboot.nb0 e pda.bin and then use them on grandprix don't you??

Guest giocondus
Nice, but not new, I am using this method several weeks in Windows 7 x64, but... still isnt possible to flash phone.bin part this way becausemissing driver. So this is only incomplete method. Bye

you can flash "phone" part, just install Samsung Modem Driver http://www.mediafire.com/?xozyznunoqm doesn't matter if they are vista drivers...:D

Edited by giocondus

Guest onthebeach77

doesn't works for me.I have not installed active sync ,only installed vista modem drivers in grand prix pda is yellow and detect doesn't work when i press on it

Guest ronaldb3
Maybe I don't understand you... You use i900 exe_cutor to extract customer.csc, eboot.nb0 e pda.bin and then use them on grandprix don't you??

Hi broddoi,

Yes, I have confused you (and maybe me too :D ). What we got from the cooks for a flash using XP was one x.7z (zip) file. I extracted that to one x.exe file. Ran the exe file (double click or however you like) and a program similar to the one Samsung provides to upgrade (when they rarely do). Only actions/choice is to reset phone when program is ready to go, then when "device detected" hit go. It runs a short while. If phone part in in exe file (it ususlly is not from the cooks) it runs automatically too.

I have used Grandprix long ago. I have never used exe_cutor. The cook's XP way is almost one-button push and done.

Your way sounds like divide into mutliple files for something like Grandprix. Is that right?

Ron...

Guest kevin2210

what about samsung_cdma_driver can i use xp's driver for win 7

• 3 weeks later...

best working method on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My phone was semi-bricked by xp mode!

But not only it got unbricked(!!), but also the rom installed perfectly! I love this method! gonna uninstall xp mode ASAP!

Guest darkhorse
you can flash "phone" part, just install Samsung Modem Driver http://www.mediafire.com/?xozyznunoqm doesn't matter if they are vista drivers...;)

Thanks, it is the answer and real solution, i installed drivers manually, clicked some warning windows... and it helps!!! Succesfully flashed new phone part in win7 x64. So no problem in grandrpix method, fully functional.

Here there are some simple steps I use for flashing on windows Seven...I hope it will help :)

11. Done! ;)

I does not work. phone is not detected even after many on/off.

• 5 months later...
Guest iskopatic

Wow! This is just my second post... but hopefully my recent experience will help everyone going forward.

Actually, this is the second time around I flashed a ROM in my Win7 where problems occurred, though I have been easily flashing via XP way back.

So going to what is really needed, I guess the general issue is around installing the correct Samsung USB driver. Please take note of the following:

1) Windows Mobile Device Center should be removed or uninstalled before re-installing any USB driver.

2) Ensure that any Samsung driver or any related Omnia driver is removed or uninstalled as well, just to be sure.

3) Restart your PC or laptop and start all over back with the provided instructions.

4) When you are going to DETECT your phone via GranPrix (press the button that is), make sure that you accomplish a phone soft-reset. This should initiate Win7 to find the necessary drivers. It is important that all necessary drivers are downloaded and installed (not just two). In my case, what happened is that Win7 initially did not find a suitable driver from its repositories, and a new window prompted me to download a file from Samsung website. This is purely automatic though, and I do not know the exact site but I can share the filename that is needed... (20070813082717640_Samsung_USB_Driver_Installer.exe) You should get a similar file to download and install separately. After you have installed this, some CDMA drivers on top will be installed by Windows update, and this should fully complete. Only after this will you ensure that you can flash both PDA and Phone part.

5) Additional to note as well, I was able to flash a separate PDA rom with a different Phone part. Due to my initial driver issue, I was successful in flashing PDA but not the Phone part which caused my phone not to display the Samsung Omnia Logo at startup. But I was able to still normally use the PDA, though I didnt test if I can make calls or text (probably not). When I fixed my drivers as in (4) I flashed the new Phone part via GranPrix and everything is now okay.

Hope this helps everyone.

Edited by iskopatic

Guest iskopatic

BTW, I did forget one important thing... you need to run GrandPrix in administrator mode, so right click on the icon and select to Run as Admin, or fumble with the default settings in Properties so that it opens in Admin mode everytime. I'm now flashing ROMs with ease in Win7, hope you are now too.

• 2 weeks later...