24/Nov - Unlocked SPL for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now! :(

WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The SPL, version 1.76.2007, is in the usual update zip format.

Download: http://content.modaco.net/hero/update-hero...2007-signed.zip

Enjoy! :D

P

Guest oaldawe
I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now! :(

WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

P

can i do this with out root my divece or i should root it first or no need for root anymore?

can i do this with out root my divece or i should root it first or no need for root anymore?

seriously dude, if you need to ask that just forget about flashing it anyway. you will have more fun with your hero without it, and as i see it, for now the benefits of this unlocked spl are rather small.

@paul: any information on how to change the splash? is the process similar to the dream's process?

Guest packetlss
I'm running 1.76.0004 as I needed this version to remove the CID lock. Two quick questions:

1. Would re-flashing to this version re-apply the CID lock

Nope.

2. If so, would it prevent me from switching the CID lock off (as my old 007 version did?)

Nope.

However, if you used the cable to remove CID lock, you should probably also be in Security OFF mode (S-OFF). If that is the case the engineering SPL won't bring you much more functionality since you can already flash unsigned stuff.

is there any way to backup the original splash screen? also, if someone could post a picture of the original splashscreen, the one on stock non-branded htc devices, just for my curiosity.

Guest crazymouse

WARNING

P

the spl is ok,but i lost my fastboot driver,when my hero is power on normal,the adb devices can list device ,but fastboot devices can not work ,anybody know how to do ?

the spl is ok,but i lost my fastboot driver,when my hero is power on normal,the adb devices can list device ,but fastboot devices can not work ,anybody know how to do ?

boot in fastboot, as you are supposed to do when you want to use fastboot???

home+back

Guest cochabambinito

I have installed your Modaco 2.9 in my Hero. I have it with Custom REcovery Amon Ra 1.2.3 (I can't upgrade to 1.3.2) and I have rooted my Hero. ¿Do I need this SPL unlock for something? I can use it on any carrier. The two only things I couldn't do, are:

1. try a official Rom from hTC

2. get to work the A2SD... the applications still install in memory's phone...

Guest Musicmannetje

I flashed the SPL, which went ok.

Rebooted into what I am used to see after a reboot, no fancy splashscreens or whatever.

I tried to do the flash command in fastboot but that is stuck in <waiting for device>

Rebooted the device with HOME+BACK, which completely erased all settings... Darn!

Good thing i did a nandroid backup just before hitting the fastboot keys, so restored it and back to normal.

(which is also a good thing.. never tried a nandroid restore, yet.. )

What is the proper way to flash the splashscreen?

Thanx!

Guest 5Strogino
I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now! :D

Paul, why you've not been able to distribute unlocked SPL at past? Did HTC gave you this SPL?

Exists a normal way to get engineering spl?

I like the idea of custom splash, but obviously it's not life or death, you seem to be playing up the possible bricking aspect of this, is adding SPL that much more dangerous than using the normal update.zips?

Also, will this be in MoDaCo 3? I might wait until then if it is.

The SPL will never be bundled with MCR, because of the danger of bricking. Better that MCR is 100% safe!

P

Cool cool, all seemed to work out ok for me and be easy enough, but I like the idea of staying safe.

So, does SPL supersede ROM updates, or I need to repeat the SPL install each time I update MoDaCo?

Cool cool, all seemed to work out ok for me and be easy enough, but I like the idea of staying safe.

So, does SPL supersede ROM updates, or I need to repeat the SPL install each time I update MoDaCo?

you quoted pauls message that the spl is NOT included in the rom (and therefore will not be changed unless you explicitly do so), so probably not.