24/Nov - Unlocked SPL for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HetalDP

I have Flashed this in 32A HTC Magic with (But Flashing Radio 6.x.x.x) is Compulsory or else it will not Boot.

Whats is the Difference between 1.76.2007 and 1.33.2010 or 1.33.2005 in Partition Table

Guest bssstudio

Is it safe (well no flashing process is safe, especially SPL flashing) to flash this S-OFF SPL onto my Hero?

I'm running the .0004 stock SPL (white unbranded SIM unlocked HERO, UK version), 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 radio, RA 1.3.2 recovery, and MCR 3.0.

Should I revert to some other radio version before I flash this SPL?

Thanx in advance!

LP

B

Guest sjoerdos92
WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Is this danger covered by a Nandroid backup? Will a Nandroid restore 'roll back' the change in SPL?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamesKing

I'd like to have a custom flash, so was won dering if anyone could help here. I have a network unlocked HTC Hero. I am running MCR 3.0 with TCK 1.91. Which is all excellent.

I'd like to flash this. I understand there's a risk that it could break my phone, but in my particular circumstance, should it just be a case of flashing the update.zip from Amon RA recovery image as for a normal ROM or Kernel update?

cheers,

James

Guest infernal.king

hey noob question but what should be popping up on my screen once i have selected to apply this as an update.zip in amon RA. what should i expect to see on the 1st reeboot? how long does the entire pocess take? i have an unlocked rooted orange uk (previously locked) handset with the .0007 hboot, will it create any problems in the process? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazzjunkz

I'm confused.

I flashed the SPL no problems. I then followed the instructions to apply a new splashscreen using fastboot in cmd and it hangs on 'Waiting For Device'.

Sits there until interrupted. Yes I was booted into recovery and I can mount the SD card (gathering that USB Drivers are working?).

I have tried it on Windows 7 and Windows XP due to known incompatibility.

Any help would be great,

Jazzjunkz.

EDIT: No worries, figured it out for myself.

Edited by jazzjunkz

Guest fabiocampos
I'm confused.

I flashed the SPL no problems. I then followed the instructions to apply a new splashscreen using fastboot in cmd and it hangs on 'Waiting For Device'.

Sits there until interrupted. Yes I was booted into recovery and I can mount the SD card (gathering that USB Drivers are working?).

I have tried it on Windows 7 and Windows XP due to known incompatibility.

Any help would be great,

Jazzjunkz.

EDIT: No worries, figured it out for myself.

Hi, i can flash this SPL into my Radio version 6.35.06.18?

Thanks.

hi,

there's a way to come back to the original SPL?

Why would you want to do that? If you want to get your phone back to original state then flash a RUU.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hahahaha

and

what if the member says what is google????

i asked cuz once i had a customer claiming himself a pda expert........was searching a memory card slot in the iphone

and asked me twice where to put memory card in iphone.............hhahahahah

Edited by Awais

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest immya
I flashed the SPL, which went ok.

Rebooted into what I am used to see after a reboot, no fancy splashscreens or whatever.

I tried to do the flash command in fastboot but that is stuck in <waiting for device>

Rebooted the device with HOME+BACK, which completely erased all settings... Darn!

Good thing i did a nandroid backup just before hitting the fastboot keys, so restored it and back to normal.

(which is also a good thing.. never tried a nandroid restore, yet.. )

What is the proper way to flash the splashscreen?

Thanx!

1 create a new folder in your computer

2 go here http://developer.htc.com/adp.html scroll down and download the Fastboot Tool, fastboot.exe for windows

3 put that file into your folder

4 get a cool inage that you want to splash

5 download this http://www.mediafire.com/?yroknozmkj2

6 convert file into rgb565

7 put converted file into folder, rename converted file splash2

open folder, right click anywhere and create new shortcut, call the shortcut cmd... it should make a command promt shortcut in that folder

8 turn off phone and turn on again with volume down + power button

9 press back to get into fastboot

10 connect phone to computer via usb

11 open cmd promp in the folder and type in 'fastboot flash splash1 splash2.rgb565' then 'fastboot reboot'

and that should be it done

• 1 month later...
Guest oopepe
Yeah, if you flash back to the stock ROM via RUU, it also flashes the stock SPL.

Hello,

i need to send my phone back to HTC due to some touchscreen problems. I flashed the modified SPL and MCR3.2 and wanted to do a RUU with RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe (Its the only one i can download from the HTC website for my phone). But whenever it goes to the bootmenu the update fails. I see a screen with this text:

HERO CVT ENG S-OFF

HBOOT-1.76.2007 (HERO10000)

MICROP-010f

TOUCH PANEL-SYN0104

RADIO-6.35.09.26

Aug 21 2009,18:19:15

RUU USB (This line is in orange color)

Pressing any buttons doesnt work. The phone kind of freezes in this state. If i remove the usb cable then RUU USB turns into RUU and vice versa. What should i do here? Whats the problem?

Thank you for any help!

Regards,

oopepe

EDIT: I also looked for the original hboot.img file, but couldnt find it anywhere. Where can i get it/how do i flash it?

EDIT2: Ok, i managed to install it. I just needed to remove the driver for the phone from windows device manager.

Edited by oopepe

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...