Stylus for the HD2?

Guest l3v5y

thumb_25-Nov-2009_14-Aug-2009_magneticstylus.png

According to Clove, we can expect a stylus for capacitive screens to be coming fairly soon for the reasonable price of £15 + VAT.

Have you been struggling to get to grips with the HTC HD2's capacitive touch screen? Been screaming out for a stylus that will allow you to select items and navigate the screen with more ease? Worry no more. This official stylus from HTC is designed specifically to work with the capacitive touch screen of the HTC HD2. Using the latest technology the stylus will allow you to better use your HD2. No more fingers or thumbs!

Maybe it uses the technology mentioned and patented earlier this year, but maybe it doesn't...

Whether it's necessary, I'm not sure. From my time with the HD2 fingers are definanetly easy enough, but since I haven't got a capacitive stylus, I have no idea how useful it will be. What do you think?

Guest Sonicr360

This is a joke right?

If Apple can get finger touch right, who on earth needs a stylus for this day and age??

Surely HTC has proved it is no longer needed (A stylus)?

Apple and I believe Google can do it right - why go back in time ... move forward.

Alot of dosh isnt it for a stylus? Not sure if you can just use an old Stylus on the HD2?

Guest timeline

who on earth needs a stylus for this day and age??

People with neat handwriting. I use Calligrapher and it recognizes my writing.

People writing non En-US scripts - Ja, Chn, etc. - how will this sell in Asia?

And sorry, WM6 still assumes everyone has a stylus. Unless you bought this as an application (like an iPhone) and never intend to add any non HTC apps, you need a stylus.

It's like saying who on earth needs a headphone socket for this day and age?? (Use bluetooth instead)

who on earth needs a stylus for this day and age??

People with neat handwriting. I use Calligrapher and it recognizes my writing.

People writing non En-US scripts - Ja, Chn, etc. - how will this sell in Asia?

And sorry, WM6 still assumes everyone has a stylus. Unless you bought this as an application (like an iPhone) and never intend to add any non HTC apps, you need a stylus.

It's like saying who on earth needs a headphone socket for this day and age?? (Use bluetooth instead)

Or maybe all those people that use software that collects signatures on their WM devices? Just because apple has a device that doesnt use a stylus doesnt mean there isnt a use for one that does.

Edited by efjay

Guest billpool

Don't need the HTC stylus....! I got one of Ten1's Pogo Stylus that'r designed for iphone 3g & 3gs. Much cheaper and performs the same function I think. Anyway, my typing has much improved with it and I get less bothered with "oily" finger smudges :D . I've got another in ups ground from yet another company and even cheaper.. I see on the www that they even make them with pocket clips too, FWIW :(

Guest Sonicr360

You may as well say "who needs a cassette tape when you can have Compact Disc"!

Hooray for Microsoft ...... screwing up delays with 6.5, now 7.0 and hey .... dont worry, you can have a Stylus for all the naff bits of the OS where fingertouch wont work !

Hooray for iPhone and Android !!!! They make it seem SOOOOOOOOOO good !

Stylus = YUK !!!

Guest superdannyj

I think the stylus is a really good idea. Its one thing to be able to use your thum/finger to wack an icos that 1/3 the size of the screen but its lost all the lovely precision that having a stylus gives you. Just because Apple/google have done away with it does not mean its not needed. eg the right click of a mouse.

I was thinking about this the other day when i read an artical about using capacitive displays with gloves on. Which does not work. you have to deglove and get cold hands in order to use the screen and you cant use a regular stylus it just doesent work. 15quid does seem a lot especially when you can use conductive thread.

Guest cjgarside

Although I have a HD2 at home I am away for a couple of weeks so I can't even get my hands on it. :-(

So I am not sure about the stylus yet, although I am favouring towards getting one.

BUT where are we supposed to store it? The HD2 clearly doesn't have a stylus 'slot'. By there very nature they are 'usually' small / slim etc which if they need to be kept in a pocket people are going to lose them - I know I will and I won't be very happy 'when' I do having paid approx £15 + delivery for it.

If the stylus is going to be the size of say a bic biro or a similar size then that would go a long way towards negating the chance of losing it. Either way it will mean carrying around another item.

Think I will wait until they are released and check them out then.

Guest theroadwarrior

Whilst i welcome a stylus for capacitive devices its a total cop out on HTCs part. The fact they're releasing this at the same time as the HD2 clearly shows you need a stylus to use the damm thing.. it should be included, but obviously the tech was too expensive to absorb into the sale of the device so we have to foot the bill... £15 too!! As previous poster said, where are you supposed to store it FFS? Theres no way i'd remember to carry it with me when i have my phone, so it'd just stay at home and not get used.

Why do we need capacitive screens? Exactly what problem are they solving??!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.