ANDROID ATTACKS: T-Mobile drops price of Pulse to £96

Guest PaulOBrien

pulseinhandsmall.jpg

Edit: Further price drop until 18:00 tonight in the T-Mobile PAYG sale!

You could be forgiven for not knowing much about the Pulse, particularly if you are still a hardcore WM fan that hasn't taken a lot of notice of what's going on in the Android world. But it's time to sit up and take notice.

T-Mobile have dropped the price of the Pulse to £137.01 on Pre-Pay!

I published an extensive review of the Pulse, a rebranded Huawei U8220, in this post on Engadget, but a quick overview of the specs for you...
  • Android 1.5 'cupcake'
  • 528MHz Qualcomm Processor
  • Quad Band EDGE, Dual Band HSDPA
  • 3.5" HVGA Capacitive Screen
  • 3.1 Megapixel Camera
  • WiFi
  • GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Tilt Sensor
  • Digital Compass
  • microSD Expansion
  • microUSB
  • 1500mAh Battery
  • 62.5 x 116 x 13.6 millimetres
  • 135g

If you think that sounds like a pretty decent spec then you're absolutely right - it's a very nice device and at a paltry £137.01 (plus a tenner topup voucher and 20 quid for unlock if required) it's simply stunning. What's more, the Pulse is easily rooted, easily customised, has custom ROM options available in our Pulse forum and is a tweaker's dream. All of the things we love about Windows Mobile...?

Should WinMo be afraid from such bargain offerings? Discuss! :D You can read more details on the Pulse at the Product Page.

P

PS I've just realised that if you click through using Quidco to buy, you can get £15 cashback too!

Guest agent.m

Nah its an ugly phone. Granted I havent used an Android before. If it was the HTC Eris or Rome for that price then that would be different :D

Edited by agent.m

Nah its an ugly phone. Granted I havent used an Android before. If it was the HTC Eris or Rome for that price then that would be different :D

Serious? For this price? Sexiest phone alive.. :(

Guest Shuflie

I impulse-ordered one last night with the quidco click through, just got an email in from T-Mobile to say that its out of stock :D Anyone else actually manage to get one out of them?

Guest Damiantmc

Instock at T-mobile store in Telford if that helps anyone.

Fantastic deal btw cause at the moment it has the pay as you go sim with unlimited texts and internet when you top-up 10 pound per month!

137.01 for the phone, top-up 10 per month and have unlimited texts and internet, if you don't use minutes then its cheap as chips for everything you could need :D

Damian

Guest agent.m
Serious? For this price? Sexiest phone alive.. :(

I shall do my homework :D

I've only messed with Andriod on my phone (through emulation) and a quick go on the G2 (almost bought it but had already ordered MDA Compact V/Diamond 2).

Im used to the HTC Sense thing.So anything else isnt the same for me with android. Please excuse my ignorance. I've yet to catchup.

Swindon T-Mobile had them in stock, got one this morning.

Very impressed with it so far (this is my first Android device, coming from a Vario III). Haven't seen better for the price.

The only problem I have so far is that I cant view websites that use basic authentication (in windows these are the ones that pop up a grey windows dialog for your username and password, rather than using a form in the page as most sites do), I just get a 401 unauthorised and I'm never asked for my login. This is actually a real problem for me - anyone had this before or have any ideas?

Should I even be using the built in browser or should I download soemthing else.

Now to go find the "essential android software installs" thread....

EDIT: Just seen the online price drop - argh! typical...

Edited by Gisky

Guest Shuflie
Price drop for today only to £101.34, typical indeed!

Glad they were out of stock on Tuesday now :D Just rang the sales team and they changed the price to the discount one for me, should hopefully get my quidco cashback too as its going through as the same order as the one I originally placed following their link. Bargin at £86 with £10 credit on the phone to play with while I wait for an unlock :(

Guest paulrbarber
I impulse-ordered one last night with the quidco click through, just got an email in from T-Mobile to say that its out of stock :D Anyone else actually manage to get one out of them?

Yup. Managed to persuade the Oxford St. branch to sell me one at £91

Guest TobsterA
I impulse-ordered one last night with the quidco click through, just got an email in from T-Mobile to say that its out of stock ;) Anyone else actually manage to get one out of them?

Yeah I got mine last Saturday. went into the t-mobile store. Unfortunately it's a christmas present so i can't use it yet. :( i believe that you are more likely to get it from the shop :D

Guest carlovel1
Yup. Managed to persuade the Oxford St. branch to sell me one at £91

I thought it was only online!

Do you think its too late for me to try today? :D

Btw in what oxford Streeet branch there are loads of them

Edited by carlovel1

Guest Spook Tooth

Wish I'd known about the very generous Quidco offer before ordering 3 of these at £101.34 but I'm very happy that I managed to secure just one at this price. It's a real gem and far more usable than my old Nokia N95, which I paid £300 for!

Huawei need to be commended, I hope this Pulse is a sign of things to come. Value and performance! Can't complain too much, can ya?

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Thumper Net

Its a good price but such an ugly android phone , looks like th old ppc from 5 years ago , find my white magic better and as its a 32a version it runs the same rom as the hero ( vodafone asia unbranded rom ) and is faster than the hero ( wife has the hero )

I bought T-Mobile Pulse (at a really fair price :) ), and I don't see why it would be ugly. It's quite a nice phone, both in design and "feel". I can't remember seeing anything nearly similar 5 years ago...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Brownclaw
It looks as though it isn't available on PAYG anymore B)

Not on the website, no, but if you call T-Mobile they'll still sell you one over the phone though. My local shop also still has some left. BUT....and it's a big 'but', the price went up the DAY I BOUGHT it to £179.99. :D

If you haggle with T-Mobile on the phone you can usually get 10% off (I was offered this by the chap).

Hope this helps :)

PS. Hello everyone, first post B)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.