Samsung Jack i637 forum

Guest anando

Hi mods,

Why dont we have a sub-forum for the Samsung Jack i637 over here? I recently bought one and I dont find any device specific forum for it anywhere. It would be nice to discuss issues related to this phone in its own sub-forum. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Come on guys, not a single reply? Nobody on here has a Samsung Jack and is interested in a dedicated Samsung i637 forum? Mods?

I suppose the 607, 617 and 637 could be in one. The admin could re-describe the three. As to a separate forum, the Jack is similar to other WM5, 6, 6.5 phones, so a lot of the knowledge is carried over. A separate forum would likely miss a lot of the contributions from the other similar OS phones.

I suggest you message the admin about the description change.

I, for one really like my 617 and 637.

Guest hutch21

i just bought mine and its actually giving me a headache, i cant connect tru wifi, rather it only connect on 3g which is kinda expensive. everytime i connect on wifi it is saying that there is a problem with the setting...now i dont know what to do, but aside from that i am very happy with my phone

• 4 weeks later...
Guest InSaiyanOne
Hi mods,

Why dont we have a sub-forum for the Samsung Jack i637 over here? I recently bought one and I dont find any device specific forum for it anywhere. It would be nice to discuss issues related to this phone in its own sub-forum. Thanks.

I've had every "Jack" and have had the i637 since it first came out and haven't had any issues EVER...even with the wm6.5 upgrade or anything. I used to be a regular user on here but since the lack of the forum I've just gone and looked stuff up on my own.

Anyways, that's what I suggest. Look it up, and if you happen to have any questions on anything feel free to msg or reply to this thread. I'll try and find all the sources of stuff I've found.

The only thing I've given up on is using cHome config...I really want to make a panel for MRU (Most recently used) apps...not that I don't already have most of them as FN+(key) [or remapped the AT&T key] but I just like to have that panel for general stuff. So any help on that would be cool. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest douglaskinney_phd
I've had every "Jack" and have had the i637 since it first came out and haven't had any issues EVER...even with the wm6.5 upgrade or anything. I used to be a regular user on here but since the lack of the forum I've just gone and looked stuff up on my own.

Anyways, that's what I suggest. Look it up, and if you happen to have any questions on anything feel free to msg or reply to this thread. I'll try and find all the sources of stuff I've found.

The only thing I've given up on is using cHome config...I really want to make a panel for MRU (Most recently used) apps...not that I don't already have most of them as FN+(key) [or remapped the AT&T key] but I just like to have that panel for general stuff. So any help on that would be cool. Thanks

I just moved up from the BlackJackII to the Jack. Had WM 6.1 when I got it, was told to upgrade to WM 6.5. Now my third party programs will not work and I can't find a way to take it back to WM 6.1. I hate WM 6.5.

• 1 month later...
Guest bigboy85
Hi all

If You have, I create new system for I637 or I617....

hello mate i have the phone but the main thing i need to do is make a backup of 6.1 to flash or downgrade another with 6.5 in order to unlock this phone thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest InSaiyanOne
i just bought mine and its actually giving me a headache, i cant connect tru wifi, rather it only connect on 3g which is kinda expensive. everytime i connect on wifi it is saying that there is a problem with the setting...now i dont know what to do, but aside from that i am very happy with my phone

Checking back to see how everyone is with their I637. For the wifi, my advice is once you've gotten on to whatever wireless router or access point with the wifi, to then turn off the phone section then turn it back on. The main thing is to make sure that it does NOT say "Media Net" in that area and instead only says "On". That's from there you will be using the wifi for internet until you are too far away from the access point. then it will switch over, so don't forget to check back on it.

Still using my I637, you can now use Opera 10 on it! So my browsers are Skyfire and Opera 10. On another note, I had an issue where I could no longer play music, or even open Media Player. I resolved it with a master clear...found in the security part of the settings menu. CAUTION it will clear all of your contacts and installed programs...so back it up!

Um, if you still have one, check amazon for deals on headphones and cases. I only brought Samsung brand one and paid less than $15 for everything total.

InSaiyanOne.