MoDaCo - now with more members than Luxembourg!

Guest PaulOBrien

500001.png
A quick note from me to say many thanks to everyone who's been part of MoDaCo for the past 7 years!

We've just had our 1/2 millionth signup and we have over 3/4 million posts.

Here's to a great 2010! :D

P

Guest ScreamingFalcon
You could have at least made the effort to catch number 500,000 :D

He tried to. Actually, he was tempted to delete one to show the even half million member marker.

I can't believe its been seven years already, still have my original Orange SPV knocking about somewhere.

Yeah cant believe its 7 years.....Think this was the first forum i ever posted on :D

Guest Shuflie

I'm a bit confused about the member numbering system, Kampos is member no 550, 060, encyclopaedia is 530,921 and I've seen much higher numbers. Was there a break in the numbering system or was it down to a database failure where lots of users were wiped and had to re-register?

Guest kurtfhouse

Congratulations Paul

I joined MoDaCo in December 2003 after picking up my Motorola MPx200.

I loved that phone, and this forum helped me to get the best out of it. I actually bought one off Ebay about month ago when nostalgia got the better of me :D

Just thinking back to those days, what happened to 'Midnight'? Haven't seen a post on here from him in years but back in the day he seemed to be involved in a lot???

Anyway, thanks Paul and long may the success continue

Kurt

I'm a bit confused about the member numbering system, Kampos is member no 550, 060, encyclopaedia is 530,921 and I've seen much higher numbers. Was there a break in the numbering system or was it down to a database failure where lots of users were wiped and had to re-register?

Yeah, I don't understand that really, I think the DB has about 600,000 entries in the member table, but the stats show 500,000 members. Should really check I guess... which small countries have a population of just under 600k? :D

P

Guest deadphill

"now with more members than Luxembourg!" PMSL :D

So, so many ways that can be taken! I wonder what the ratio is of members with members.......

Cheers

Phill

I can't believe that it's been 7 years (and a couple of days) since I first joined MoDaCo!! And it's been on my list of web-pages that I check daily, ever since.

My mind floods with nostalgic joy as I remember going into the Orange Shop in Canary Wharf every day, to see if my (appropriately named) HTC Canary / Orange SPV had arrived yet!

My C600 (with a modern XDA-Dev ROM) is still one of my all time favourite phones.

Many congratulations and big big thanks to Paul and all the other mods that have made MoDaCo the fantastic site that it is! Long may it continue!!!

Cheers, DEZ :>

-

Guest deadphill
Dirty old man!

P

Oh gawd, just re-read that. Didnt think about how it could be taken that way!!! :D

Oh well still funny!!!

Cheers

Phill

(Proud Member of Modaco since 2004!)

Guest ScreamingFalcon
Yeah, I don't understand that really, I think the DB has about 600,000 entries in the member table, but the stats show 500,000 members. Should really check I guess... which small countries have a population of just under 600k? :D

P

Well, I do believe we have more members than South Dakota has people! :( This state is sooooo dead... ;)

Guest ricardo the fish
Congrats too!

I'm a regular reader but an irregular poster. Isn't it awful...

seconded, I don't post often, but read through about once a week these days (a lot more in the past)- don't know if I would have continued as a WM user if it were not for the chap the Orange Shop where I got my Mpx200 telling me about this place.

R

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.